Multiplayer + SCS in BG:EE

A friend and I were going to be doing a cooperative run through BG:EE, and I'd like to install SCS on it to make things more interesting. How well would SCS work in multiplayer? Are there any stability issues or multiplayer bugs or anything like that? Also, do we both have to have the same components installed in the same order, or does just the host need the mod?

I would advise installing BG:EE to both computers with same settings, then modding one game and after all modding is done, copy all files of that game to the other computer in the location of BG:EE. That way both of you have identical files and there shouldn't be problems.

I would advise installing BG:EE to both computers with same settings, then modding one game and after all modding is done, copy all files of that game to the other computer in the location of BG:EE. That way both of you have identical files and there shouldn't be problems.

I have it through Beamdog and he has it on Steam, so I don't think I can copy the whole directory without Steam thinking something's wrong. Would I just have to copy the override directory, dialog.tlk, weidu.log and chitin.key?

@DavidW: What does that do? I just looked through the SCS readme and didn't see it.

I have it through Beamdog and he has it on Steam, so I don't think I can copy the whole directory without Steam thinking something's wrong. Would I just have to copy the override directory, dialog.tlk, weidu.log and chitin.key?

Yes, those files and override directory should be enough in the case of BE:EE I think.

@DavidW: What does that do? I just looked through the SCS readme and didn't see it.
Initialize the random number generator at something fixed.
@Grand_Dracolich, and the initializing the random generator with a set point will remove the randomizing effect, which in turn will make the two installations exact same, as otherwise the randomization would make the two less than exact.

And no, it has no effect on the games dice, just during the installation process.

Archived