Selaad Gan immunity to non-cold iron weapons

I didn't know whether this should go under BGT or SCS.

Selaad Gan (loupgar.cre) was basically unaffected by my magical weapons with +2 enchantment (have IR installed). When I checked his equipped items, he was wearing ringloup.itm which grants him immunity to all weapons except those made of cold-iron when he switches to werewolf form (shouldn't this be silver?).

All other greater werewolves equip ringwolf.itm which grants regeneration.

Would you be willing to change this so that at least he is affected by the sword of balduran or other items that affect werewolves? I didn't know the game supported items made of a specific material, otherwise, I would have changed his immunity to everything but silver.

Edited by onerous
Selaad Gan (loupgar.cre) was basically unaffected by my magical weapons with +2 enchantment (have IR installed). When I checked his equipped items, he was wearing ringloup.itm which grants him immunity to all weapons except those made of cold-iron when he switches to werewolf form (shouldn't this be silver?).
Well the cold-iron or silver -flag is actually editor based text description for the value... in BG1 it's the silver/gold/-special human-wolf killer enhancement. The Sword of Balduran and Silver Dagger are made of it as well as the +3 vs shapeshifter-bastard sword, so you should be able to kill him with them.

Sorry to revive this old threat, but I thought why open a new one, if one already exists.

The final fight against Selaad and Baresh might be slightly bugged in the most up to date version of Sword Coast Stratagems. At least it shows some weird behavior. According to the description: "Selaad and Baresh are now both greater werewolves, as well as being respectable opponents in human form - Baresh is a twelfth-level fighter, Selaad is a tenth-level mage. Only once reduced to below 25% hit points will they take on their wolfman forms." The fighter and mage part is working. Baresh hits hard and Selaad does his mage thing and summons Ogres. Here is where it gets weird: Baresh just dies at one point, pretty much around the 25% hit points mark. He explodes but does NOT turn into a greater werewolf. He is just gone. No EXP are awarded, nothing. Just gone. Selaad on the other hand turns correctly in this respect. Thing is: Once turned werewolf he is completely immune to any weapon (or shall we say any weapon I got available). The Sword of Balduran and Werebane (the dagger) both do no damage, Selaad is immune to their damage. Regular (magic) weapons do not damage him either. Only option is to ctrl+y the fight I guess (which works fortunately). The fight with Karoug worked as it should though.

As I reinstalled between the Karoug and the Selaad fight (reinstalled windows on a new ssd and the old install was trashed due to steam downloading something), I went back to a safe before the last talk/fight with Kaishas and fought her. Everything there worked correctly though. Kaishas is immune to all weapons but Werebane and The Sword of Balduran. I did not yet obtain the Shapeshifter-Bastard-Sword (or Ajantis has it, who I did not bring along), so I did not test that one. Maybe something someone should look into. No game breaking bug, as you can just ctrl+y, but nevertheless broken.

@Blackthorne: I had this bug too in my current no-reload run (BWS/BGT, IR/SR, SCS v.30) - after transformation Selaad was immune to Silver Dagger and he was also immune to Wand of Paralyzation charges I'm used to use against Greater Wolfweres and Loup Garou. But to my surprise, simple Gnoll Elites from Wand of Monster Summoning were able to hit him with their plain Halberds just fine and actually have brought me his hide.

with their plain Halberds just fine and actually have brought me his hide.

Those are magical weapons... and yes, the Loup Garou reguire not Silver weapon, but cold-steal weapons... the enhanced weapon in the BG2 game have multiple purposes and some are worse than others ... this was the name of the game in BG1 after all... you can't just go in and flag everything as having one without ultimatelly botching everything else that uses the system ... well except perhaps by setting as proper PfMW enhancement that's independent from every other system .. so you either protect from level 1 enhancement weapons or from 2 (and less)... and flag the above weapons as enhancement level 3, and remove every other protection from weapon effect(from the item they possess) ... or you go with what's there already. But you are still likely to botch other weapons.

And then you install a mod like ItemRevision, and you maker the creature impossible to kill as there are zero +3 weapons in the game. Good luck -they say.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

Well, he was immune to the wand due to magic immunity. Did only try a couple of times until I gave up, so I don't know if he is completely immune against it. He might just be, because his creature file seems to carry an item that gives him something like free action. Might cover Paralyzation.

And yes, I suspected that the chain of events leading to this went something like this: Beamdog changed the flag system used in the original on which Sword Coast Stratagems builds the distinction and then Item Revisions comes along and removes everything that could have been left damaging him. However: Why was Kaishas (herself a Greater Werewolf as well) not affected. She was damagable by Werebane, the Sword of Balduran and Magic. Just as intended.

It is however strange that the Gnolls could finish him off. Do you also have that thing with your summons where YOUR summoned creature have botched up names (sentences taken randomly out of the dialog file) and the ENEMY summons have proper names (eg "Gnoll Elite", "Ogre Berserker" etc)? Probably no connection though. I summoned Gibberlings, Oozes and Hobgoblins in my fight (Summon Creature I, II and III) but I don't think that they could damage him - though probably they never hit him in his wolf form.

Anyway, I just yed him. First time I had to do that to end a fight this walkthrough and I don't think that is a big deal. Overall it runs really well given the hodgepodge of different versions of the game and the amount of mods. Sure, that is what we came to expect, but it really is quite astounding thinking about it.

Do you also have that thing with your summons where YOUR summoned creature have botched up names (sentences taken randomly out of the dialog file) and the ENEMY summons have proper names (eg "Gnoll Elite", "Ogre Berserker" etc)? Probably no connection though.

It does sound like a bug from Spell Revision -> I noticed that thing with the leopards summoned by Animal Summoning IV......

Edited by Luke

Do you also have that thing with your summons where YOUR summoned creature have botched up names .

This is because the mod that effects the creatures is not really EE optimized, but they come from a game where they were optimized in for that game alone, and during install, the .cre file is not changed so the names are re-written and that sort of stuff(there are 200+ of them, of every .cre file ). Could easily be SCS itself. Or any number of other mods.