descriptions for the new bgee actions

Avenger

359 SetMusic(I:Slot*MUSIC,I:Song*SONGLIST)

Just sets a slot in the area music header entry. Next StartMusic or area change will activate it.

360 ChangeStoreMarkup(S:Store*,I:BuyMarkup*,I:SellMarkup*)

Changes the 2 appropriate fields in a store. You can script a discount or increase rates.

361 DisplayStringPoint(I:Strref*,P:Location*)

This will display a floating text over a point in the area. Only one per area will be displayed.

362 RemoveStoreItem(S:Store*,S:Item*,I:Count*)

Removes some items from a store. If count is 0, it will remove all.

363 AddStoreItem(S:Store*,S:Item*,I:Count*,I:Flags*)

Adds items to the store. If count is 0, it will be infinite stock. Flags are the same as in other store item entries (stolen, identified, unremovable etc)

Note: the unremovable flag IS honored in bags (see Hexxat's bag).

364 SetGlobalRandom(S:Variable*,S:Area*,I:Count*,I:Size*)

Just like other SetGlobal actions, but you can give the value as in xDy.

365 DestroyGroundPiles()

Deletes any items left on the ground. Used in conjunction with MoveGroundPiles.

Note: Handle with care, apparently crash may occur if you use this and then immediately move from the area.

You better add this in OnCreation.

Yeah, looks like I forgot to add the links to the main page. The IE File Formats link on the main page is also out of date - use the one in the header to get to the 'real' page. Will fix in the next update (which, breaking with all sensible tradition, will probably be within a month of the last update!).

Yeah, looks like I forgot to add the links to the main page. The IE File Formats link on the main page is also out of date - use the one in the header to get to the 'real' page.

Cool, I have missed that page too.

There are some minor issues and additional info, however, that could be considered in the next update as well:

• The BAM v2 Header table contains a duplicate 'Count of cycles' entry that should be renamed to 'Count of data blocks'. It links to the correct table however.
  • The 'PVRZ page' description of the Data Block table can be extended by the info that five digits decimal numbers are supported as well. This is true for both BAM v2 and MOS v2 files.
  • BG(2)EE supports 32-bit BMP files with alpha transparency. The files have to be in the semi-official BMP version 5 format however.
  • BG2EE introduced a new file format with the resource type 0x405. It looks like an OpenGL Shading Language script (GLSL). I haven't checked yet whether it is actually used in the game. EDIT: The files are used in the game.
  • Also, WBM files are identified by the resource type 0x3ff instead of 0x401. I haven't seen any files labeled as 0x401 yet, so I can't say if it's actually used.

Archived