Restaurant?

CamDawg

You could have that snooty couple on the tables make snide little comments as the date goes on. I can see them making negative comments about not choosing the most expensive wine (Amn is all about money, after all), general disparagement of the quality of the flirting (These outlanders have no idea) and stuff like that.

Del and the PC get their own commentary section and something to laugh about later. :D

The whole thing sounds like a good idea to me, as long as you can spare the time and imagination.

Yep, Harbinger, I think that would best.  And of course Bigrob, imagination is a big part of it.  Heh, if I do it, I also will work on options for Anomen, Jaheira, Viconia, and Aerie...

*grins*  And you got my secret ace in the hole, with the snooty patrons as well :D

Yep, Harbinger, I think that would best.  And of course Bigrob, imagination is a big part of it.  Heh, if I do it, I also will work on options for Anomen, Jaheira, Viconia, and Aerie...

*grins*  And you got my secret ace in the hole, with the snooty patrons as well :D

urm...snooty and pretentious waiters??? :wink.gif

Yep, Harbinger, I think that would best.  And of course Bigrob, imagination is a big part of it.  Heh, if I do it, I also will work on options for Anomen, Jaheira, Viconia, and Aerie...

*grins*  And you got my secret ace in the hole, with the snooty patrons as well :D

Are you sure the other patrons would be snide with <Charname>, seeing as he's so heavily armed and all? They'd might as well be trying to taunt a dragon.

I think good locations for a dinner date would be:

1. The Mithrest Inn

2. The Trademeet Inn

3. The de'Arnise Hold, if run by <Charname>

4. The aformentioned hold's kennels (just kidding)

Heh, I haven't posted here in a while, been engrossed in Morrowind. Boy, the werewolves there are *nightmares* to combat.

Uriel

Well, the location I had in mind (along the promenade), the people ARE snooty normally...even though logically, as you say, the MainChar could be armed to the teeth.

Well, perhaps an alternative is to have the date in a rural, peaceful, and snob-free location, like the Umar hills. Also, according to Aerie, it's a beautiful, romantic area. If the date took place outside then there's always the danger of interruption, in which case the date would be ruined. Heh, imagine <Charname> about to kiss Del, when a horde of Ogre Berserkers happens on the scene.

Uriel

I just realized something..

how about...

MONKEY BALLS for dessert???

(no this is not obscene!!!)

draheel in the asylum gives you the recipe for monkeyballs, which are like chocholate malted balls, a kind of dessert....

and after serving, the waiters can burst into chorus about the "splendid halls of academy", the song included in the recipe...

also, sometimes draheel gives you another recipe, which i can't remember...but that could be a course in the meal...

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Dradeel's Recipe:

MONKEY BALLS (makes ~40)

A) 1/2 c.    peanut butter

1/3 c.    honey

1/2 c.    granola

1/2 c.    crushed 'cheery' cereal

dash      nutmeg

dash      cinnamon

1/2 c.    oatmeal

B) 1 c.       sugar

1/4 c.    cocoa

1/4 c.    butter

1/4 c.    milk

1/4 tsp. vanilla

INSTRUCTIONS:

Mix ingredients in (A), except oatmeal. Roll into small balls about the diameter of a coin. Coat balls in oatmeal.

Boil ingredients in (B) together for 3-1/2 to 4 minutes. Take from heat. Dip balls in chocolate using spoon or toothpick. Chill and serve.

Monkey balls are to be served with the following poem on prominent display:

"Monkey Balls"

These sweet and gracious monkey balls,

Served on plates and sold from stalls,

Bring madness to these hallowed halls

Of urban academe.

Huzzaks for chocolate monkey balls!

We'll eat them 'til the ceiling falls,

'Til Time, herself, tears down these walls

Of urban academe.

So buy yourself a monkey ball,

Savour it and then stand tall,

A bulwark 'gainst the deaf'ning call

Of urban academe.

-by Ergo the organ-grinder

These actually sound pretty good.

The Recipes and Ruminations of One Dradeel of Tethir

Formerly

'A Lovely Bun-cake Brightens Anyone's Day'

The recipes herein are mine own imagining, and thus ingredients are subject to change as per my whim.

Belladonna Bun-cake

A simple little dish for a rainy afternoon.

Cornflour,

The eggs of a seabird,

A spoon of the Whitecap fungus,

The fruit of your choice for sweetening,

One small measure of the belladonna root.

Prepare as one would a breadloaf, though less time given to the rising.

Bake in a well stoked hearth under leaves for one turn of the hourglass.

Notes to myself: Refrain from eating this ever again. Exceptionally poisonous. Remember the unfortunate week on the kitchen floor.

Dradeel's Vegetable Surprise

A dish that turned out surprisingly edible. Not reccomended as the primary meal every day for 300 years. Some disorientation may result.

Place 2 cups of virgin Netherise Olive Oil and 1 large chopped onion in a large pot

Saute onions in oil over medium fire until onions begin to become clear

Add 2 chopped carrots and 2 chopped stalks of celery

Saute for an additional 3 minutes

Add 1 1/2 quarts of water and bring to a boil.

Add 2 diced and peeled potatoes, 1 cup of white wine (I find that a Myth Rhynnian vintage is perfect), 1 bay leaf, 2 diced tomatoes, and chopped parsley to taste.

Cook, covered, over medium-smallish fire until vegetables are almost tender. Add 2 cups of chopped spinach and cook for an additional 15 minutes. Serve hot and garnish with grated cheese.

Note: For orcish version, replace all ingredients with turnips.

Curative Ingredients for the Dispelling of Lycanthropy.

Mother's family recipe

Notes: Mother's topical salve is a rather large failure. Research further with the following in mind: The creatures on this isle are unusual beyond their splitting into two factions. Theirs is an odd curse, one that defies the traditional remedies (such as the unfortunately dangerous muffins previous), though one is not without hope. The exotic origin of the original stock suggest a unique enchantment, not unlike that of the more widely know vampiric afflictions. The casual bite might be averted using such things as the Belladonna flower, but an intentional infection could actually require the extermination of the leader of the clan. This is merely conjecture of course, as I have been unable to examine said leader. Despite my strange immunity, his is a strength that could still inflict a measure of serious damage upon my physical form. He and I have spoken on occasion, though his tolerance of me is no more resilient than mine is of him.

Further notes to myself: Future offerings of peace to either of the wolven clans should not take the form of muffins of any sort.

The Bachelor's Crutch

Noodles of quality and convenience.

Ingredients:

A measure of noodles.

Boiling water

Container

Combine ingredients in container.

Enjoy. Oh yes, enjoy.

Notes to myself: Should probably be suplimented with something of nutritional value, lest my bones become brittle as chalk. Perhaps the container?

:D  :D  :D

Archived