Error in King Strohm's Mask quest

danh

Hi,

BG2/ToB CD, FixPack, ItemUpgrade, SCS v28, TweakPack (in that order).

I found King Strohm's treasure in the Windspear Dungeon when I only had two of the six mask parts. I had sent Yoshimo (stealthed) ahead to scout. I saw a "pick up" area in the middle of the room. I sent him over to loot and as soon as he picked up the treasure there he activated Samia's betrayal and the accompanying battle. It was the quest treasure.

Not exactly sure that I had the treasure from the quest already since there was still a journal entry, I found the other four parts and assembled the mask. I, of course, could not find anything while wearing the mask.

The quest is still in my journal with the text that I have all the pieces and have assembled the mask but need to figure out what to "do" with it.

cheers,

danh

I found King Strohm's treasure in the Windspear Dungeon when I only had two of the six mask parts. I had sent Yoshimo (stealthed) ahead to scout. I saw a "pick up" area in the middle of the room. I sent him over to loot and as soon as he picked up the treasure there he activated Samia's betrayal and the accompanying battle. It was the quest treasure.

This is vanilla game behaviour.

The quest is still in my journal with the text that I have all the pieces and have assembled the mask but need to figure out what to "do" with it.

In the room prior to treasure room there is an invisible guardian (Fire elemental). In order to see him, one needs to be wearing the mask. I don't know if he will spawn if you already picked up treasure and killed Samia. Just go there with a visible character, he should attack.

Archived