Is there a mod that allows you to multiclass the Barbarian?

Grunker

I'd like to test out a Barbarian/Druid multi-class for kicks. Seems like it would be allowed as Barbarian is basically just a Fighter kit. However, you can Dual Class Barbarians, but you cannot multi-class them. Is there a mod that allows for that?

The Multiclassed Multikit Builder Mod is probably your best bet.

Hmm. That's not compatible in some way with Level 1 NPCs, is it? I'm trying to Cernd a Barbarian/Druid multiclass. Right now my best bet is to dual class him at 13, but that's really sub-par for two reasons:

1) I have to dual-classing characters already that I'll need to babysit.

2) I need a fighter-type and I'd like the additional boni from level 15 and 19 somewhere down the line.

Hmm. That's not compatible in some way with Level 1 NPCs, is it? I'm trying to Cernd a Barbarian/Druid multiclass. Right now my best bet is to dual class him at 13, but that's really sub-par for two reasons:
It actually is compatible... you have to make the Level 1 NPCs make the character a Fighter-druid... and then also make the dual class for the fighter babrarian-kit that's in the "allow barbarians to dual" rule tweaks, with the druid whatever kit in the MMBK. This is in the non EE versions of the BG2 games.

Yes, technically I should refer to the above as MMKM, but I like to call it multiclass multikit builder kit -mod. So that''s why the MMBK

Heh. If it were possible to dual-class the Sorcerer... (dreamily)
That's just not ever going to be possible, as the Sorcerer is different class from the mage/wizard... meaning that if you ever try, the game will always either crash, or you won't actually be a sorcerer, but a mage.
It actually is compatible... you have to make the Level 1 NPCs make the character a Fighter-druid... and then also make the dual class for the fighter babrarian-kit that's in the "allow barbarians to dual" rule tweaks, with the druid whatever kit in the MMBK. This is in the non EE versions of the BG2 games.

:O

Awesome!

So:

1) Install Level 1 NPCs. Make character a Fighter/Druid.

2) Install BG2 Tweaks and allow Barbarians to dual

3) Install MMBK and... what? Change his character to Barbarian? Or?

Will this method work, or are there known snags? There are two NPCs I'd like to do this to, Cernd, and then maybe substitute him for a similarly kitted Sarevok when the time comes.

As you should know, the MMBK allows you to build a kit combination of any dual/multi classable class combo, it's done by selecting options during it's install.

So after the first two steps install the MMBK, you select to make a Fighter Druid kit combo, and select the fighter kit to be Barbarian, you can choose the option to also assign the druid to be any druid kit you have installed or one of the original 4(yes, the pure Druid is actually a kit too). Now then, after the combo kit mod is made, the kit mod actually has to be installed. But the MMBK auto does this as another component.

So after the installation successful, you just take your Fighter/Druid character, assign it to have the special script the kit installer made, and you wait a bit and your character should switch to be Barbarian/whatever. And then I would suggest that you assign a different script to the character, the "None" is a good option... And in case you didn't see it already, the script are assigned by going to the character stat screen, and then pushing the Customization -> scripts -> etc.

I suggest that before you commit to the long hall of a game, you make a custom checker character, and make it have this custom kit, so you know what's going to go on. Yes, the MMBK mod works with NPCs as it does with player created characters.. So no snags of that kind should be in the horizon.

As you should know, the MMBK allows you to build a kit combination of any dual/multi classable class combo, it's done by selecting options during it's install.

So after the first two steps install the MMBK, you select to make a Fighter Druid kit combo, and select the fighter kit to be Barbarian, you can choose the option to also assign the druid to be any druid kit you have installed or one of the original 4(yes, the pure Druid is actually a kit too). Now then, after the combo kit mod is made, the kit mod actually has to be installed. But the MMBK auto does this as another component.

So after the installation successful, you just take your Fighter/Druid character, assign it to have the special script the kit installer made, and you wait a bit and your character should switch to be Barbarian/whatever. And then I would suggest that you assign a different script to the character, the "None" is a good option... And in case you didn't see it already, the script are assigned by going to the character stat screen, and then pushing the Customization -> scripts -> etc.

I suggest that before you commit to the long hall of a game, you make a custom checker character, and make it have this custom kit, so you know what's going to go on. Yes, the MMBK mod works with NPCs as it does with player created characters.. So no snags of that kind should be in the horizon.

Thanks, but I can't get this to work on test characters.

I make my Fighter/Druid, and assign the Barbarian/Totemic Druid script. Then press K. What happens is that the character gets Barbarian Rage and Summon Spirit Animals as it should... but it also retains shapeshifting ability, and on the character sheet, the character is called Berserker/Druid :?

Meanwhile (unrelated issue?), immeadiately after the cutscene ends, Imoen is teleported away and gains 350,000 quest experience points. She remains in the party, unclickable.

EDIT: If I make a Barbarian/True Druid kit, the character gets Barbarian rage... but the character sheet just says "Fighter/Druid." I can't determine whether the damage resistance was applied correctly or not.

I make my Fighter/Druid, and assign the Barbarian/Totemic Druid script. Then press K. What happens is that the character gets Barbarian Rage and Summon Spirit Animals as it should... but it also retains shapeshifting ability, and on the character sheet, the character is called Berserker/Druid :?
The shapeshifting ability comes from the original fighter/druid class... especially when you consider that you probably are at least on level 7 when you create the character. Were you to create it at level 1(with 1 experience point, aka, you start a BGT game), you won't, as it happens to be that the druids level 7 grants the shapeshifting.

Meanwhile (unrelated issue?), immeadiately after the cutscene ends, Imoen is teleported away and gains 350,000 quest experience points. She remains in the party, unclickable.
The experience point gain is part of the Level 1 NPCs mod, if your character has about as much XP, this can be so if you use an XP bonus ability on the Bhallspawn character. Why she is teleported away, I have no idea, perhaps another mod.

If I make a Barbarian/True Druid kit, the character gets Barbarian rage... but the character sheet just says "Fighter/Druid." I can't determine whether the damage resistance was applied correctly or not.
Hmm, it might not have been... are you saying that you can't see it in the character sheet ? Cause if that's the case, it might have to do with the original kit. As it might be problematic to apply the resistance to a kit as an ability, as some of the opcodes get reapplied each level, and the out come is really screwy results...
The shapeshifting ability comes from the original fighter/druid class... especially when you consider that you probably are at least on level 7 when you create the character. Were you to create it at level 1(with 1 experience point, aka, you start a BGT game), you won't, as it happens to be that the druids level 7 grants the shapeshifting.

The experience point gain is part of the Level 1 NPCs mod, if your character has about as much XP, this can be so if you use an XP bonus ability on the Bhallspawn character. Why she is teleported away, I have no idea, perhaps another mod.

If I make a Barbarian/True Druid kit, the character gets Barbarian rage... but the character sheet just says "Fighter/Druid." I can't determine whether the damage resistance was applied correctly or not.
Hmm, it might not have been... are you saying that you can't see it in the character sheet ? Cause if that's the case, it might have to do with the original kit. As it might be problematic to apply the resistance to a kit as an ability, as some of the opcodes get reapplied each level, and the out come is really screwy results...

Sorry, Jarno. For some reason I didn't get an update when you replied. So thanks for the reply!

@Shapeshifting: OK. So that problem should be solved by virtue of level1npc. Just apply kit before leveling.

@Imoen teleport: Odd. I don't have any mods that make obvious teleport-sense. These are the ones I have currently:

1) ToBEx

2) BWP Fixpack

3) BG2 Fixpack

4) 1PP v4.1

5) 1PPv3 Avatar Fixes

6) Quest Pack

7) Wheels of Prophecy

8) Tower of Deception

9) Back to Brynnlaw

10) Assassinations

11) The Sellswords

12) Beyond the Law

13) Angelo Dosan

14) Aurora's Shoes and Boots

15) Aurora's Shoes and Boots Fix

16) BG2 Unfinished Business

17) Rogue Rebalancing

18) Level 1 NPC

19) SCSII

and that's it. Any of that known for something like this?

@Resistance: They do not show up on the character sheet, no. And like I said, Barbarian/Totemic Druid ends up being named Berserker/Druid, while Barbarian/Druid ends up named Fighter/Druid.

I'd like to test out a Barbarian/Druid multi-class for kicks. Seems like it would be allowed as Barbarian is basically just a Fighter kit. However, you can Dual Class Barbarians, but you cannot multi-class them. Is there a mod that allows for that?

yeah

barbarian is a kit

and afaik the game engine allows only one kit to be assigned to a character. also barbarian, like sorc and monk is a somewhat special kit and (probably) game engine simply doesn't allow to multiclass these/those kits. there's no barb, sorc or monk on any multiclass lists/choices.

fighter/totemic druid multi is probably possible via 1LvL NPC or Near Infinity but not barbarian/totemic druid. but maybe barbarian/druid non-kitted is possible - only one kitted class, right?

but seriously, I dunno :>

sorry for my offensive "english"

Archived