Let's talk SWtOR!

Twani

I've started back up again. I decided I would subscribe because I didn't want to deal with silly limitations. Since I had seen Rise of the Hutt Cartel being advertised for $20, I didn't realize subscribers now get it for free, so that was a pleasant surprise. I checked it out a little on my main and got to 51. It was nice returning to that character for some actual new quests after so long, but it took a while to remember how to play since I had so many abilities (with lots of them secretly bound to handy keys which I forgot about). It was pretty funny having Ashara and I running around the fleet and Makeb in full purple Champion/Columi/Rakata gear that was popular two years ago. I even busted out my pink lightsaber but I have no idea if that's even rare any more.

I also tried out some space PvP and... I think I need more practice. The first couple fights I didn't kill a single enemy. Part of that was probably because our team was getting crushed, though. I did get some assists and in later matches I started getting some kills. Like regular PvP, it seems to be partially skill-based and partially gear-based. Just by participating and especially by completing the daily missions (2 matches or 1 win per day) you start earning "requisition" you can use to upgrade your craft. And it looks like there are a lot of things to upgrade. Right now there are three craft for each of the three categories of ship, and they're adding another category when it officially launches next month. Then you can purchase different components (types of weapons, drives, etc.) which give your ship different capabilities and finally you can upgrade those components. You might eventually want to outfit a couple different types of ships in case you want to swap between them during a match.

I was serious about starting a new character, though, so I put Makeb and space PvP aside and created Captain Hoodwink. He's a level 10 Twi'Lek smuggler and is just about to leave Ord Mantell. I started him on The Bastion server where my other characters hang out since one of my friends expressed an interest in returning to the game and he has a mid-level Republic character there already. So far the story is decent, but being able to make wisecracks is great.

I'm not sure I like the Bounty Tracker armor for my Smuggler. For my BH, sure, but for my Smuggler, I picture her in something more glamorious.

She is, after all,

the best damn Chiss privateer the Republic has ever hired, and the holder of the medal of the highest civilian honors that can be granted to a Republic citizen.

She needs clothes that scream 'I am better and far richer then you' more then 'I put this together from rags and a toolbox'.

There is a way to collect nodes by yourself- it's control right click or something bizarre. I don't remember the exact command, just that it's there. I usually send my companions to do it, though, as they can get slightly closer to enemies without drawing aggro then your main character can.

I want to buy the extra Chiss appearance pack and see what's in there. I already have three Chiss girls, and I'm really tempted to try and make a Chiss male Agent and see if I can get him up. He'll be totally devoted to the Empire and the Sith DS (different from my female Agent, who was usually loyal to the Empire with LS leanings (though shet had a fit of rebelliousness in late Act 2/early Act 3 that caused her to deliberately sabotage everything she could) and who generally saw the Sith as power hungry maniacs that ruined everything Imperial Intelligent stood for). The question is who to go for: Kaliyo, who will share his love for DS and 'murder and mayhem await', to quote the Inquisitor, or Temple, who will share his devotion to the Empire and the Sith. ...Meanie male characters, getting two love interest choices. :( :(

Aric being DS-ish for the Republic is interesting, and good news for me. Maybe he and my Trooper will get along better then I thought. I don't know, I'm trying to figure out who gets the best and who gets the worst first companion. Jedi Knight, Sith Inquisitor, and Jedi Councilor get something of a raw deal, because their first companion doesn't speak basic and thus doesn't communicate as well with them as other companions. Imperial Agent gets something of a raw deal, because if you don't like Kaliyo (personally, I adore her even though her and my Agent rarely saw eye to eye at all- I was constantly losing influence), you're stuck with her for a long, long, time. Female smugglers and troopers and male Sith Warriors and Bounty Hunters get a romancable companion first thing, which gives you a lot more time to bond with them and go on specific quests for them. And yet personally... Mako grates on me. Vette isn't my favorite, either. Corso just doesn't appeal. Qeyzen generally bores me and occasionally leans a bit too DS for my personal Councilor. So I'll take Aric, Khem, T7, and Kaliyo myself, as far as first companions go.

(And to T7's credit, he only tells you about one dead master. Over and over and over, sure, but Khem sure likes going on his dead master, too, so there are some prices we pay for companion sanity.)

Andry, I think my problem is he hates running away from a fight (so 'Talz nooooo!' disgusts him), but he also generally hates authority (so agreeing to go after the Talz for a Commander and Captain immediately disgusts him, too). So his trees can be a bit more difficult to navigate then Khem (press a DS button, go on, press it) or Ashara (now press the LS button- go on, press it (nooooo!)). I'm not afraid to admit that if I don't see the issue as extremely important to my character (most sidequests, for interest) I'll willingly go in to the conversation and then quickly exit it if I choose a reply that puts me down in affection with my character. And if it is a decision my character feels strongly about, I'll occasionally switch to another companion. I am trying very hard not to spoil Agent, as *no one* should have the Agent story spoiled, but Act 3 finale had Vector dropping affection right and left, but no way was my character going to take another path. I took Vector with me constantly, but in that case I switched to Lokin and got a hundred or two affection from the finale alone. Lokin and my Agent generally actually agree almost perfectly on dialog options and paths to take, oddly, but as she's a healer, there's no reason for her to bring Lokin around. Now that Vector and Temple are maxed, though, I was sort of working on him when running dailies- I'd switch back to Vector or Temple for combat, but Lokin seems like he'd be easy enough to max out. Kaliyo and fifth companion, I'd have to take some major DS hits (though both are 6000 some).

You know, back when I first played EQ, before the first expansion got out, I once admitted in general chat I was female. I got swarmed with a combination of 'omg girls don't play video games' and 'plz send nekkid pics'. Now in SWtOR, you can actually talk about it usually without getting attacked. Someone on Hutta (and starting planets chat is always horrible) asked if other girls played the game, and there were like ten 'Oh yeah, I do's' plus numerous 'my girlfriend/sister does' and not a single 'OMG NO GIRLS IN MMOS EVER EWW' moron. It was almost amazing.

I haven't joined guilds with my characters. Well, my Inquisitior is in one, but she's the only member ever online. I keep her there for the experience boost, anyway. I get a lot of random guild invites, but I'm generally picky: I don't join a guild without grouping with some members first so I can generally see what sort of chat I'm going to be expecting. The more times I see people referring to everything as gay and raping bosses, the less interested I get. But a lot of guilds on my server seem to be like that. =/

Healer with a DPS companion (or tank, if you prefer a bit safer, but a bit slower) can generally solo most Heroic 2's, too. I did almost all of them on my Agent on level, save for some I think were unfairly labeled and more Heroic 4 then Heroic 2ish. Heroic 4 solos, I usually had to wait till everything was deep green, if not gray. Fighting multiple champions at once is hard. Unless they're droids. Then they're screwed.

I've never done an operation besides fighting world bosses. I'd like to, but my Agent is in no way prepared to heal through one, and I think I'd prefer to run through them in a DPS role first before running them in the neccessary heal role. DPS you can just follow what everyone else is doing, if no one wants to explain the flashpoint/op to you. Healer, you need to know what exactly is going on.

I've also never done False Empire, but that's a conscious choice. I don't want to do it! :( I want to pretend it never existed. Boo.

Space PVP is a bit hard for me, too. I need more practice with it as well- I managed to kill an enemy in my first run, but spent most of it driving in circles around a satellite unsure of what the heck I was supposed to do.

About the Imperial Agent storyline, I recently discovered,

that you may join Darth Jadus and become the Hand of Jadus for the rest of the game and even a chief of intelligence in the future.

Amazing, though very DS I guess.

I like Lokin too. Best IA companion in my eyes. Though he is not saying that much. Because half of the conversation is actually between the lines. :) Vector, Temple, Kalyo... They are all ok, but nothing really exceptional. Scorpio is good in a way. Though all-knowing super-robot does not fit even to a story of a special agent. Well they generally dont fit anywhere. She is openly threatening you and so LS or DS, she is an enemy...

I started playing a touch with the IA yesterday, wow, so much fun! I really like how the pressure is off about LS/DS, you can just say whatever the heck you want, and shooting is more fun in this game than a sword. I know... weird. Magic is more fun though overall.

We tried a group play yesredya, and enjoyed slaughtering the Raiders together, but then we wandered our own way & couldn't figure out how to share loot/quests, etc. So, hubby actually, like, read the rules, you know. Strangely, I got quests he had before now, so I gotta catch up, then we can try playing as a party.I can see how it can be very cool.

Well there are more ways, how to join a group. For example just click on the portrait of your future team-mate and one of the options is also "invite to group". But you can invite also people from general conversation. Again just click on the name in the converastion and one of the options is inviting. When they are in your group, you share a quest from you questlist ("L" on a keybord). Aftewards you should see a special "share" button in the window (connected with almost every quest - there are few exceptions and yout teamate could be not eligible for the quest).

Yep, we have mastered the art of the group play, and OMG, it was fun and basically we were not only wiping the Tython clean, we also saw each-other's story-line. We've only got separated at Courasant, where my husband quickly chose his AC and invested into the tree of his choice and went to try the warzones, while I, erm, quit and went to research the build. Can't say

Bioware still got it: Lightsaber assembly was such a shamelessly COOL scene. And, comparing my experience with my husband's, so far it was worth being a JC, and having a 'read 3 inscriptions' quests repeated to ad nauseum to have a blade with this provenance. Holy cow.

Anyway, while the household sleeps peacefully, I am going to try my newly minted Sage in the WZs and switch back to the Imperial Agent. I want to be able to leave Hutta and go to Courasant to meet up with my husband's Sith there.

Anyway, while the household sleeps peacefully, I am going to try my newly minted Sage in the WZs and switch back to the Imperial Agent. I want to be able to leave Hutta and go to Courasant to meet up with my husband's Sith there.

I think you might find yourself on a dark and dismal planet very different then Courasant's planet-cities (dun dun dun!)...

The Jedi Knight building their light saber is one of my favorite scenes in the series (as is the interactions with the fallen apprentice- kill him, redeem him, or use him as your herald: three full options!). I think the solemn air and the components floating is just plain brilliant, and it's probably been my favorite scene on my Jedi Knight so far. That's not to say there haven't been other good scenes- just that one's my favorite.

I started a baby agent on Hutta, Aanan. He's the youngest of the four Chiss siblings I have made (Agent, smuggler, Jedi Knight, and now another agent), and somewhat dark in tone. He believes in For the Empire, no matter what it takes... but perhaps surprisingly, in the very few situations that have nothing to do with the Empire, the Sith, and the War, he takes LS options. I figure that will allow him some depth (and oppertunities to gain some affection with Vector). I'm unsure if I'll ever be able to get a male to 50, but for now, he's amusing. I gave him the shaggy in the eyes 'emo boy' hair cut, and the voice actor isn't bad. He isn't Jo Wyatt- which was one of the primary reasons I made my agent my main long ago (I loved her in Dragon Age 2 as fem!Hawke), but he's pretty decent, and hearing the random threats in the cultured British accent amuses me).

Playing Agent Hutta right after Bounty Hunter hutta is interesting. As an example, one of the quests is basically 'go kill goons of bad guy and get a safebox'. My Bounty Hunter was all 'CREDS PLZ R THERE CREDS I LIKE CREDS', and got the mission in a mercenary way. My Agent was a bit softer, and took the time to listen to the sob story of the quest giver out for revenge, which made an interesting contrast. Another mission is where you deliver a datapad to another NPC (basically just to show you where another quest hub is): my Bounty Hunter was all confused in that mission ("I lost you sometime when you talked about the things with the other things") while my agent immediately caught on and was like "Oh, yes, you're talking about structural weaknesses in the (technobabble)". Even two alike classes can play differently: part of what I like about this game.

My free subscription week is up, though, and I'll have to make a descision whether to subscribe for real. I'm really tempted to. If nothing else, having med droid access when raising rather then having to run back would make this game so much more simple. Running back is such a drag...

As for Agent, and the Darth Jadus decision...

There are actually four options!

You can disable the missiles, and risk Jadus going free (which he does).

You can allow the missiles to strike, but capture Jadus.

You can say screw it, and just side with Jadus.

And- this is the rare one- if you choose your dialog very carefully, you can talk Jadus out of his plan and have him just surrender to you. I'm really tempted to try and find that route with my new agent, but it makes more sense in character for him to side with Jadus, so I'll probably do that. Ah, Jadus.

Male Agent is sort of fun so far. Instant opportunities to flirt with Kaliyo as soon as you see her are always rewarding in amusement factor if nothing else. I like the way his accent switches from American to British. And Agent prologue has it's own tough decisions: you end up working with someone perfectly nice and reasonable and cool (he even tries to set you up with his sons if you play female, for petes sake), and then... Imperial Intelligence and the Sith appear, and it all falls apart. My Agent followed the code and rules and did what was asked of him, but with some regrets. I imagine that'll be the answer to most problems coming up in the Agent storyline.

If I do subscribe, I'll make a baby trooper, too. Really tempting to do so at the moment- right now, I have seven characters on one server, so I can't make anymore. But subscribers get twelve... enough for one of each class, as well as my extra Agent and maybe my extra Inquisitor (I sort of want to see what the Sith Inquisitor story is lightside, because my Assassin is just like "SHOCK HIMMMMM" for every DS option out there.)

So far, I'm finding SWtOR addicting one again. Perhaps too addicting... I haven't been modding, or cooking, or studying as much as I should with it to play. Oops. That's my responsibility, though, not the game's.

SWTOR IS addicting! Spend the entire weekend gaming, never regretting it. Erm. Ahem. :D

I'm a little envious about your new agents. :D Agent's story is great, and the shooting thingy is nice, too. I would start a new one, but it would mean a new Agent girl who'd romance Vector, and this is a no-no - Vector is MINE! Well, Samanta's.

So I'd settle with my lvl16 smuggler Genri. :) But, yes, I love the Agent, and I absolutely love Act 1 and 2. (I really recommend watching all endings on Youtube after you finish Act 1. Crowning moment of awesome, the only thing better is Act 2 itself.)

Act 3 finale had Vector dropping affection right and left, but no way was my character going to take another path.

Ooooh, I'm going to enjoy Act 3, I see. Heheheh! :D

And shooting things. Shooting things with Kaliyo, mmmm! "You and me, agent." If there's one thing I don't like about Vector, it's that I can't take Vector and Kaliyo at the same time. :)

A pity I am not fond of the Chiss race in the game - I don't like the looks, I mean. Sith? Yeah. Zabraks? Hell yeah. Not the Chiss, though. :( I read the books, and I know about Admiral Thrawn/Chiss who brought up Jagged Fel, and they are cool, and I've seen Aristocra on Hoth, but still. Blue skin, red eyes... and that's all. They don't seem to have a separate work ethic like Turians, or history associated with the class(like Sith for Sith Inquisitor), they're only featured in the trailers. So, probably not starting Chiss chars. But it's good to see they have fans.

I should also probably say that extra character slots are not that expensive on GTN - I saw a few for half a million or so(granted, I don't need them now, as I have eight chars and my hands are full, but still).

Speaking of Hutta, I'm neglecting my Bounty Hunter badly, only logging her in when I need new barrels for other chars. I really should play her tonight. Tatooine bounty, here I come!

(Then again, her story isn't very personal. Yes, yes, a Great Hunt, honor and glory for all, but... what for? Why would I compete and kill other bounty hunters and risk to be killed, when I could be out there simply taking bounties? Makes no sense to me.)

I had a GREAT weekend playing my mage classes, though - Inquisitor and Consular. It turns out Consular was really, really personal and interesting, and the story(while nothing special) completely hooked me! Erm, for the reasons probably not anticipated by the developers, but nevertheless.

First, I loved the ending of Tython story for the Consular. You get to talk to an old Dark Jedi, see his apprentices, talk about his mistakes, and as the end result, your sword is pretty mighty(though it's still a +1 endurance crystal, a might 2 hilt and I don't like plain green color; I wish I bought a black-green during that rakgoul event. And legacy weapons! Though they're only available to people with Hero reputation, but one can dream).

But it gets better. I won't spoil much, but everyone pretty much already knows that Chapter 1 for Consular is about a plague that hits various Jedi. And you are supposed to save and protect them, though protecting them(light side choice) drains strength out of you and you might well die(the last guy who tried that did die). Well, ha! I expected that I'd be given a light and dark choice - to save a person or not to save them. Instead, I was _forced_ to heal the first Jedi! And then the Council makes me heal the rest, and when I feebly protest "But, Masters, I may die!" they solemnly tell me that it's a sacrifice they're ready to make. Facepalm.

Needless to say, it made me very, very, VERY angry at the Council, and from that point, it became personal. I no longer care that the story's a bit subpar(compared to my Inquisitor weekend) - I care about it, and it's what's important. My Consular had 900 Light points, but from that moment forth, she went full dark, heads-on. Taking bribes, killing people - all sorts of stuff. As for shielding Jedi - ha! My current count is:

- buried one in a bioreactor;

- threw another out of an airlock;

- gave a Jedi to the Hutts to torture and murder.

And I'm ready to continue this list, believe me! The dark side is MINE! (MYAHAHA!) Seriously, I'm not exactly sure how I'm going to play my straight-out Jedi Knight after all this - dark side is much more fun.

(Though I like playing Paragon Trooper. There's something teenager-y in defying that dark side general all the time. That, and paragon Shepard doesn't make evil choices, period).

So, my Consular finished Nar Shaddaa, had a tryst with Tharan Cedrax(too bad we couldn't make it a threesome with Holiday), broke up, and now is happily awaiting for Jedi Knight to clear all Tatooine quests, so other Republic chars could follow.

Now for the Inquisitor. Taris! I love Taris. First of all, it has a decent planet storyline with Thana Vesh(I suspect the girl's romanceable for males, because they made her pretty sympathetic), and second, the class story is pretty good. Surprisingly, I liked Ashara a lot, she's very alive, and her plight "okay, I'll become a Sith's apprentice because if I come back to Jedi Masters, it'll be too awkward" is very realistic. Again, loving the story.

... and the story continued on Quesh! I love Quesh even more, because it's short, so I went through all the quests with no trouble. We even hunted the World Boss with some guildmates and lvl55's, but, alas, some Jedi Guardian went and killed him in front of my eyes in full enrage mode. Grrrr! Well, he was Russian, too, so figures.

Now I'm going to continue my Inquisitor on Hoth as soon as she gets her rest XP points back. And I got a glimpse of Xalek! That's a good future companion, all right. :D And by "good" I certainly DON'T mean good. (Honestly, if there was ever a sign "blow up a planet" somewhere and Xalek saw it, the paint wouldn't even have time to dry).

I've yet to try PvP and Galactic Starfighter(I secretly suspect I never will, because it's all about competition, which means stress, and I prefer having fun). But some of PvP gear actually looks good. Have fun, guys(and ladies!). :)

Hi Kulyok, I am glad that you like the Counsular so far, I kindda was worried I was odd. But, yes, the Origin story was really great. Rajivari doesn't feel like a puppy-kicking Sith breed. And same here! We spend a lot of time this weekend playing. My daughter had a huge cough so I did not take her to her usual activity circuit, which gave me a chance to delve into IA. She is actually Okay with my IA, I actually play neutral, picking DS options that are not too too personal, and LS when I like the character who asks me a favor. I might have LS'd myself into trouble sparing the old guy, but we'll see, I can hopefully frame someone later.

I am totally in love with the IA story, can't wait to see how it unfolds. Can't believe I am playing in SW universe with a non-Jedi and loving it. I picked Sniped AC for her and I actually totally love the companion I get, Kaylio is absolutely great! While I know there is a romantic interest involved, but I am almost tempted to just do the two girls together. I actually picked the same slight build for my IA character (as much as I like more athletic female chars in general in the games) so the two of them look like a pair of shadows. That's probably the first time in any game I actually feel like screaming for a lesbian romance, even though I laughed my head off when I saw the tribute to Arcanum LS option for the Zabrak who tried to blackmail my character. :) Like, duh, that's a hard choice? You want it hard, make him ugly, lol. (I think game is working on promoting my Zabrak fetish)

I had to hightail to Korriban to babysit my husband's Inquisitor. Korriban got a short stick in KOTOR2, so I loved running through the updated version. Hubby seemed to be flagging at level 7, not sure why. It was good to be the only IA around, lol, and heh, it was a breeze even without the Ambush shot, though I tried it a few times for shit and giggles. I just love the whole cold-blooded style of play, picking the enemies off. Addicting.

Anyway, now both of my chars are tied on the group points, I am pondering of making a character that is not going to be tied into my husband's play, so I can see the last Origin world (Ord Mantell). And that's where I am starting to salivate for the subscription b/c I would love to try another racial choice. Then, again, I did not play vanilla human, but I think I would better play another Zabrak.

I've got a sniper with a slight build, too! Check out Black Talon flashpoint after your starting world, Hutta - I've got a great Black Talon Operative's Jacket there as a loot.

Kaliyo is really, really a great companion. :) I'd love a lesbian romance here, too. 'Tis a pity we can't mod it in. And I totally slept with that Zabrak character. :D

Fortunately, light-side options for the Agent are pretty interesting, too, so I guess it can be safe family-wise.

I can sympathize with your husband's troubles: Inquisitor is the hardest class to level for me, too, especially if you choose Sorcerer. In the end I had to delete my character and respec - Assassin doesn't have it easy, either, but stealth and some fencing help a lot.

Ord Mantell is nice, especially for the Trooper(but I'm a diehard Mass Effect fan, female Shepard's voice = total win). It's a military world with a good military story. Then again, Smuggler's story ain't bad, and you won't have to learn new moves - Smuggler's abilities are a total mirror for Agent's(icons are different color, but abilities are the same). I loved the final Trooper twist on Ord Mantell - I thought it was going to be your usual "follow orders, do mission 1, do mission 2 and so forth" story, but it turned out to be pretty fun and personally engaging.

And subscription is a good, good thing - otherwise you'll have to repeat all your Coruscant quests with all Republic characters for XP points, and they're not *all* interesting.

Heh, 12 should be more than enough for me.

I've just killed a few minutes of my times searching for any potential hints if Bio is planning to expand romantic options, but of course the answer is no. Oh, well. Luckily, we all have imagination.

EDIT: wanted to add, consummate modder that I used to be, I look at these new games, and guys, I don't want to mod. The level sky-rocketed beyond frills.

Act 3 Agent is just as good as Act 1 and 2. No spoilers, but everyone comes together for the great finale, and your final choices you have three totally different options that could all make sense for different Agent characters. It's brilliantly done, and the confrontation with the last boss... well. I'm glad I'll be running through it with my little guy DS Agent, let's just say.

So far, I'm only DK with my baby agent, and already I feel like a monster. This is a spoiler for Domi, so I'll hide it in tags...

You go find the leader of one of the fifty hundred different slave rebellions on DK (seriously, how many of them are there, anyway?). You fight your way to the leader, and give him a truth syrum. Guy is completely drugged out of his mind and barely functional. You get the information you want out of him, then he plaintively (like a child, even) asks what he should do: his head hurts so he can't think, he can't feel his hands. Light side option? Send him to go turn himself in to the Empire, of course (and get himself killed likely, but LS chooses to gloss that over). DS? In this most gentle voice, my Agent goes, "Don't worry. You won't have to think anymore." and pulls out a blaster. The slave leader does an "Oh, thank you, thank you" and you shoot him blank shot in the head. *Owch*. Definite 'oh god I'm a monster' feelings. And I know it's just going to get worse.

Darth Jadus is as charming as ever. Watcher Two is not. I chose a flirt option with her, and she does a "I calculate hyperspace routes in my head. Forgive me for not being charmed by an ALIEN." I'm like, "That's it, lady, I am choosing every flirt option I see with you from now on" (and Keeper's just like 'zomg, you two done already?'). She's all over me about it- "You're a credit to your species!" "Oh, that's why it's good to have aliens on staff". Damnit, I am totally going to win her over. Somehow. Somehow, I will.

Chiss are cute, really. :( I'm attached to them, anyway. I wish something could be done about the eyes, but I find them charming.

Also, I found little Agent Aanan the operative's coat in the black talon flashpoint. So now he can be a badass in a nice trenchcoat, too. It's moddable, so he's going to stick with that for quite a while.

I haven't thought about that as a reason to go DS on the Jedi Councilor, but that's actually a pretty good reason. My Jedi Councilor is very boring in green, and very... I don't even have a RP profile for her. I was just like "Okay, hit the LS option". Most of my characters I try to come up with a bit of a background/what their personality is like (for instance, my Inquisitor is DS as it comes- but if you listen to the dialog, you'll notice the voice actress never uses the term slave. 'Servant', she uses instead. So, I've decided that's still a sore point for my Assassin, and probably one that's going to attract her to lovely, crazy Xalek when he becomes a full team-member (though it's so late! Latest companion got in the game, and I want him nowww...)). But my Jedi Councilor, I have nothing on her. She likes LS choices. That's, uh, it.

Thoughts: I still suck at Galatic Starfighter to the point that I might not even bother trying anymore (though Kaliyo, as always, is fun as a space combat narrator), but I'm still Warzoning.

My week subscription ran out, but I think I'm going to completely subscribe tonight after I check my bills after dinner. Should be able to afford it- it's just 20 or so a month, right? I think I can do it.

...I would totally mod a lesbian Kaliyo romance in. Not that Vector isn't the most adorable thing alive, but... Kaliyo. She's awesome.

There are sort of rumors that they're considering adding in two new companions for every class that would be a gay/lesbian option, but those rumors have been going on for a long time, and Bioware really hasn't responded one way or another to them. I figure with the success of HK and Teek we'll probably get them eventually, though...

(I need to go get HK on my Aa'lynne Agent. Teek... I'm nowhere near Legacy level 40 (just hit 20), so I'd have to do that one by cartel coins.)

Ord Mantell is a good military story. I really can't say what's better between the Smuggler and the Trooper. Both have very personal Act I's that branch out in Act II/III in to more galaxy wide threats. Both have good voicing. Smuggler brings the snark, Trooper brings the patrotism. I think they're both fun characters.

Oh, I have the LS consular PR background, but no background at ll on the Imperial Agent except for fun name, but I like playing both, Imperial Agent because she is simply fun. ANyway, gotta get subscription today or tomorrow and start a personal Twi'lek trooper. I kindda have a feeling that lay-offs are heading out way in the next month or two, so I might end up with a lot of time on my hands between sending the resumes out & working out....

I would mod in Zenith's and Kaliyo romances, from what I have seen so far. The Trooper's romance is the same species as Juhani, and he is the first joinable, so it's a good thing. Hopefully he is not as tedious as the name implies.

I am wondering if one gets a hold of the in-game mailing system, can one fake a letter romance with the companions? Like set up a central collection of the letters, and you get a condensed letter from the NPC, the staff we would normally cover in a romantic dialogue, and the player can reply to a monitored mail-box? Kindda love-service via the intermediary, cause who has the time to talk face-to-face?

Archived