Let's talk SWtOR!

Twani

Looks like Bioware's getting all our money. :D

(@Domi: Lay-offs don't sound so good, but I hope everything's going to be fine in your real, working life).

RE: modding. I wish it were possible to mod stuff, but since the game is on the servers and online and there's(fortunately for us) no multiple recipients-mail(and no spam system to abuse), I doubt we can do anything in this matter. Roleplaying our headcanon, maybe, but that's all. However, if you haven't heard: once your romance is done, you will get a few letters from your romance interest(three, and they're lovely. I got two from Vector for my Imperial Agent and three from Malavai, and "If I must die young, I'd rather do it by your side" totally melted my heart).

Kaliyo's great! I didn't know she had commentary on Galactic Starfighter, too - but I like her on regular space missions. Last night, I spent some game credits to buy more gifts for my Sith Warrior and Imperial Agent's companions to unlock their stories and get that +5 minutes for Heroic Moment cooldown(got it for all five people, yay!), and I really, really enjoyed Kaliyo's new quest. Heh. I was like "Nooo, wait, how come, do you APPROVE OF A LIGHT SIDE OPTION? My eyes, my eyes!" :) But, seriously, Kaliyo's great fun. Looking forward to her Act 3 involvement(no spoilers, but I know there's something).

Dr Lokin's new quest for the Imperial Agent was adorable, too. And it concerns your romance interest! "Bring this man back in one piece, do you understand?" (Lokin: +84 approval. Heh). Anyway, I've unlocked everyone for the Agent but Scorpio(because I haven't met her yet) and Kaliyo(because her plotline isn't over) and the ship droid(because nobody cares).

I doubt they're adding different new companions for different classes(though I'm all for it) - I fear it'll be more "the same for everyone" content because of the costs. But looking forward to it, anyway - I've yet to talk to HK-51 and Treek(not taking them now because it's crazy expensive, because I want to unlock HK-51 myself, and because I know HK-51 is so powerful I'd never return to regular companions again).

Twani, loved the DK DS choice with the slave guy! I think I've chosen exactly the same one! And remember the last Nar Shaddaa quest and brain searching? THAT was cold, all right. (Damn, I really should start a new agent one day, it seems). Can't believe I was straight LS until I met Darth Jadus. But then... and then "all that is not of DS will be purged, or it will be tainted", so my Agent started small and then... well. DS3, compensating with Diplomacy, because I want back to DS1 and the golden eyes. Love how the characters comment on the Agent's alignment(mind becoming fragile and so on).

I can't stand Watcher 2, though. I know she's made out to be this all-important mysterious Watcher you're(male) flirting with, but meh. I'm not very comfortable how the game handles her - I can be extremely rude to her, choose awful things in the end of Act 1, and so on, and she's still all over me in the next reply. It's like someone's erasing her memory each time.

Keeper I like, despite the fact that he's a total bastard because of you-know-what-in-Act-2. But I like his "wisely grandpa" ,manner. And the haircut. :D

Inquisitor and Xalek... mmm! I really want to go to Hoth with my Inquisitor and continue the story, but I think I'll wait and go to Tatooine with my Reps, instead - it's past time, and I've heard in this very thread you're actually saving a planet. ;)

Yesterday I spent a night on Tatooine with my bounty hunter(still neutral, still liking it), and enjoyed it a lot - Gault is a great char, and the chase was fun. Nice planet. I even bought myself a Tatooine balloon model, which now follows me around. :D I can understand why people would want to romance Gault, but from his stories, I got that he's at least fifty(thirty years on the run), while my own character is about eighteen or twenty, so I don't think it would work out. But now Mako has given him her Cunning costume and is now walking in her underwear on the ship. I think it's cute. Maybe she's working out?

Anyway, the gifts are WAY too expensive. Weapon gifts, trophy gifts and technology gifts are crazy expensive(~6000 a pop for rank 5 gifts). I was lucky I already got Kaliyo to high levels, but Lokin with his Technology gift? A pain. And I still don't know what to do with Ashara, because buying a ~1000 gift for 12 affection doesn't appeal to me, and going through Belsavis quests seven or eight times doesn't appeal to me, either.

Because I totally wasted quite a few gifts before, I think I'll explain the gift system here just in case anyone doesn't know yet(though there are tutorials): there are five ranks of gifts. Rank 1, Rank 2, Rank 3, Rank 4, Rank 5. Each rank gives best experience when the companion is in certain affection range. For example, gifts for Rank 1 are best from 0 to 2000 affection, Rank 2 - 2000 to 4000 affection, and so on. I would recommend not using gifts two ranks below(i.e. stop using Rank 1 gifts when your companion's affection is at 4000++). There are purple gifts and blue gifts with the same rank - the difference is that blue gifts give more affection than regular green ones, and purple - more than blue ones. Each companion has a favorite gift(it's absolutely essential to check it via Google). Some companions don't have a favorite gift, so you'll have to buy twice as many "loved" gifts for them(and, yes, it's a pain, too). Affection is a priority, because it affects your companions' quests, their storylines, and you basically have to get it to around 9000++ to see all their conversations. You have time until the end of the game, naturally, but saving about ~60000 credits for each companion you aren't using and getting them to 6000 affection via Rank 1 and Rank 2 gifts is important, I think.

Aaaand I've just noticed that all your Starfighter armor that Subscribers get in their mail is Legacy armor, you can send it from one character to another, with mods! Silly me, why haven't I ever thought about it before?

(Saw Kaliyo and another player wearing low-cut Sensuous dress armors yesterday, décolleté and all. Looked fun!)

By the way, I don't know if anybody needs it, but if you want a week of free subscription+ bonuses through "Friends of SWTOR" program, here's my referral link(use it to register or login and you'll get the prize): http://www.swtor.com/r/kvLxZh

As I understand - if you were a previous subscriber and are now a preferred player, you're getting a week of subscription plus bonuses(inventory slot tab, crew skill slot, unify colors). If you're a new player, you're getting some nice bonuses(inventory slot tab and XP boosts).

EDIT2: OHMYGOD, OHMYGOD, game update 2.6 is today! Kuat flashpoint - all players level 15 and up - here we go! Yay. :D

(then again, it means my game will be uploading the patch for about half an hour.)

Looking at what you guys write, there is so much to learn, it's crazy. What are unlocks?

Nah, I was not going mass-mail or distribute the letters in any way, since I have no desire to run afoul of EA/Bio, just to my v.special character. Hopefully I can do it with the mail system using the existing characters, I really want to do it at least for Zenith, since Vector sounds like a decent default and the Consular's option comes late in the game, and all I see is 'boring' as a descriptor. Chances are we'll be playing Jedi for a while, Empire is a bit too much for the baby. And not just the Empire.

We have encountered one 7 yo specific problem trying out Smuggler and Trooper. The resistance cell was populated with Zabraks, and we had tears because the kiddo thought it was Bao'Dur, and after timelines discussion we had threats to Chris Avellone's/Nameless Executive that Nixed KOTOR3 health and well-being, so our bed-time story was Bao'Dur's happy ending. (It is weird on may levels to have your kid use words BioWARE and Obsidian in a casual conversation). Seeing my Legacy is for Dur clan (yeah, I was pining), I will have to see tonight if I can bypass the restrictions and start a Zabrak Guardian with some variation of Bao. So far my Trooper was the only one for whom Dur displayed. I did not know how the last names worked, so my first two characters were hyphenated First-Last names, but the Smuggler had a simple name, and Dur did not show up. Racial choices and genders do not really permit much of a family tree, lol. I do need a few males. I wouldn't mind a Sith Warrior, but it will be on my days off.

Trooper vs Smuggler: I paid for a subscription and I can't pay a Trooper Twi'lek? Gotta be kidding me. There is an option to put in the Cartel coins, but I assume there are more useful things I can do with it... when I understand it. So far I was not impressed by the Trooper, it was a bit bland, story and dialogue wise. And the romantic option first showing was along the lines: What were they thinking? The only thing I liked about the Trooper is her appearance, I finally could create a hulk of a Mirialan. Maybe a Mirialan Trooper does make some sense :)

Smuggler looks better, but will I be able to dual-wild blasters eventually? Yes? No? I did not get the coloring I wanted on Tishujen, baby insisted on the blue twi'lek, but she is Okay appearance wise.

Because I totally wasted quite a few gifts before, I think I'll explain the gift system here just in case anyone doesn't know yet(though there are tutorials): there are five ranks of gifts. Rank 1, Rank 2, Rank 3, Rank 4, Rank 5. Each rank gives best experience when the companion is in certain affection range. For example, gifts for Rank 1 are best from 0 to 2000 affection, Rank 2 - 2000 to 4000 affection, and so on. I would recommend not using gifts two ranks below(i.e. stop using Rank 1 gifts when your companion's affection is at 4000++). There are purple gifts and blue gifts with the same rank - the difference is that blue gifts give more affection than regular green ones, and purple - more than blue ones. Each companion has a favorite gift(it's absolutely essential to check it via Google). Some companions don't have a favorite gift, so you'll have to buy twice as many "loved" gifts for them(and, yes, it's a pain, too). Affection is a priority, because it affects your companions' quests, their storylines, and you basically have to get it to around 9000++ to see all their conversations. You have time until the end of the game, naturally, but saving about ~60000 credits for each companion you aren't using and getting them to 6000 affection via Rank 1 and Rank 2 gifts is important, I think.

TY, I was wondering!

Aaaand I've just noticed that all your Starfighter armor that Subscribers get in their mail is Legacy armor, you can send it from one character to another, with mods! Silly me, why haven't I ever thought about it before?

Is Starfighter a mini-game you can access at will or do you need to be at a particular location? I need to research that, because they make such a big deal about it.

You can create a character called like Z'enith, and write your main character(say, Domi) letters from him, and it can be fun. :) But you have to know one thing: all letters get deleted after 30 days, and letters from other players are deleted almost immediately if they're no attachments(so attach five credits, just in case). Also you can only write letters to your characters if you're not free-to-play, I think.

Starfighter = battles in space with other players, PvP, player versus player. I haven't tried it myself, but people say it's fun. And today it's available for all players, including free-to-play ones. Yay to that!

Okay, unlocks are things like extra quick bars for skills, extra inventory slots, an opportunity to have a hatless look(wear a helmet, but hide it), unify colors(wear red jacket, all your items like gloves and boots and pants are red automatically) and other things, some of them very useful. You can buy them with ingame credits on Galactic Trade Network, but it can be expensive. Eventually you're going to more credits, though - well, some people get tens of millions, I haven't got that much, but a million eventually is realistic. EDIT: Since you're a subscriber, you don't need most of the unlocks, they should be greyed out on Galactic Trade network, no need to buy them. You might need a few extra inventory slot tabs, but if you want to buy them, I'd wait until you got lots of in-game credits and buy an inventory tab for the whole account.

You CAN play a trooper Twilek. But for that, you probably have to start a human trooper, level him to level 10, and then abandon him and start a new Twilek trooper.

TY, Kulyok, get it. Actually, I am not going to bother to create a character called Z'enith or whatever, I am going to use one of the existing and go the rout of a "secret message slipped in the insignificant letter' kind of thing. Sounds like it could be his style. :)

Galactic Trade network. Gotta check that out, not that I have much credits, lol. :)

Thought: if two subscribers clicked on each other's referral links, do we get cartel coins from each other's subscriptions? In other words, is our Cartel Coins return doubled?

Credits tip(good beginner choice): if you've got Scavenging/Bioanalysis/Archeology, it's easy to run short missions to get the most expensive tier 2 materials(good to sell on GTN). I recommend chanlon, nextor crystals and genetic anomaly stacks.

Ah, Zenith. The character that causes me to be strangely uncomfortable. 'I am sure whoever ruined your terrorist cell had a really good reason for it! I swear!'

Subscribed, and promptly made a baby trooper yesterday, boosting me to nine characters (though I think nine is enough- maybe, maybe, I'll do another Sith Inquisitor light side, but that will be a while coming). Played her as mostly light side, but after the events on Ord Mantell... she's going dark. 'For the republic' dark. Everything is going to be For the Republic, but that means the Republic as a whole usually, not the individuals suffering in it. As I've never played a DS Republic character, it should be fun.

I actually turned off the ls/ds indicators with my newbie Agent and my Trooper. I may keep them off, only turning them back on when Aa'lynne goes to Makeb (I like to keep track of her LS/DS, even though she usually ends up neutral). It's an interesting way to play- sure, LS is generally the top choice, and DS is generally the bottom, but that's not always true, and sometimes the middle response is DS/LS as well. In general, you can figure out what's DS/LS just from the choices alone, and for me it allows me to RP my characters more fully without paying attention to 'is this going to get me LS points?'.

Starfighter can be done at level 10+, and can be accessed from anywhere in the game (just like warzones and flashpoints). But it's haaard! At least for me. Around your minimap, you'll find little icons- one is for warzones, one is for starfighter, and one is for the group finder (which is usually just used to get flashpoints). I think all of them can only be done at 10+... you'll want your advanced class, at any rate.

Speaking of advanced classes, I chose the same one for my trooper and my bounty hunter. I just don't do tanking. But while my Bounty Hunter is going down the full heal tree, my Trooper is going down one of the damage ones. I uh, just don't remember which one at the moment.

I've got a lot of babies right now. Trooper and Bounty Hunter just made it to the fleet, male Agent is just around half-way through DK, and Councilor just got her own ship. Right now, though, the thing I want to do most is get my Jedi Knight out of the cantina and have her go finish her Act 1. I sort of know what happens, but I don't know the particularities and HOW it happens, and I want to see...

Now I want to max out Kaliyo. I really think she's going to be the girl for my Agent- I mean, sorry Temple, you're cute enough, but Kaliyo is crazy fun, and flirting with her is so amusing. I just have to be careful not to trigger the romance: Watcher Two will shut you down if you're too far in to Kaliyo's story, and if I'm playing a stupid male, I might as well see all the differences between male and female agents while I'm at it.

(I agree that Watcher Two seems to be suffering from memory loss- personally, so the relationship doesn't creep me out, I've had my Agent be rather respectful to her, save for the flirting. Lose a few points with Kaliyo that way, but we'll make it up causing havoc in Nar Shaddaa, I'm sure. If you act like a dick to her, it makes no sense for her to be falling for you and fawning over you, so I'm trying to play it cool.)

Keeper is awesome, and one of my favorite non-companion characters. I'll just say, part of my Act 3 choices had to do with him.

The brain searching choice was cold as hell, and I'll probably be taking it, heh. Agents get awesome DS choices. Ruthless and cold, just the way it should be.

Domi, Aric does get better, I promise. He's a complete standoffish jerk at first, but as you start proving yourself, he warms up to you, and later he'll admit the way he treated you was unfair and explain why he did it (I don't remember if he actually apologizes, but Aric's not really any apology sort of guy).

I should be playing Aa'lynne, start her on Makeb, and maybe start the journey for getting HK... but Jedi Knight! Story! Sith Inquisitor! Story! Lots of little baby characters! Story! ...I'll get to Makeb eventually, I'm sure.

For now... new Flashpoint and new Galactic Starfighter modes! Yay! I hope the servers are up now.

Twani, you are like, professional :) Fingers crossed I can play a littl' bit with my Counsular tonight with my husband's Knight.

EDIT: It just sunk in that a male can romance Kaliyo. Okay, one of these day I gotta try a male IA.

You know what? I think going to try a male Chiss IA, too. And he's going to be awesome. But not today, Kulyok, you've got eight characters already!

(My feelings exactly about endgame/Makeb content. I've got so much story stuff to view, I can't move further with my chars!)

I just have to be careful not to trigger the romance: Watcher Two will shut you down if you're too far in to Kaliyo's story, and if I'm playing a stupid male, I might as well see all the differences between male and female agents while I'm at it.

Didn't know that, thanks! (Though I probably won't romance that woman, anyway. But seeing the difference is interesting. Hmm, maybe I'll just youtube it.)

Domi, let us know how Coruscant goes. :D I love the irony of that world - it's the heart of the Republic and the Senate and everything, yet literally in two bus stops from the Senate you get full-scaled barricades, organized groups of thugs firing into officers of law, and, well, it's worse than Athkatla. Even the Empire's capital world doesn't have _that_(or at least they give reasons). Basically, the Jedi and the militia don't control

- the entire market sector;

- the Works sector(heat, geotermal things for the whole planet, helloo!)

- Jedi temple(they are real (spoilers!) there!)

- and all in all, it's a huge, HUGE mess. I really don't understand how they can stand it. Sending troops to Ord Mantell and Balmorra, but refusing to fix their own backyard? Eh.

Funny, none of my Republic characters are really Republic-patriotic. Jedi Knight is first and foremost a Jedi, Jedi Consular is only in it for herself now, same for Smuggler. Only the Trooper is somewhat idealistic, but she's long stopped viewing the Republic as holy, and is just there so someone like Garza wouldn't take over completely(and because the Empire is supposed to be worse). But a Dark Side "Anything for the Republic!" Trooper sounds fun. Aric would approve. :D

Speaking of Trooper/Bounty Hunters - damage class, Twani, are you a Pyrotech(right tree), too? They've changed the Prototype Flame Thrower to High Energy Gas Cylinder only, does it work for you? Haven't tried it yet, myself.

(all my chars are damage dealers. I tried tanking, and it's fun to be sorta invincible, but I just love dishing out good damage too much).

I've finally completed Jaesa's story(light side) for my Sith Warrior. Loved it. My Sith Warrior(light) is my main char, and she'll always be my first love, despite her somewhat gruff yet lovely voice.

But I've got a confession to make.

I'm loving Sith Inquisitor's story more. I finished Chapter 2 yesterday and I think I love it probably more than Sith Warrior, even. Not sure if I love it more than the Agent's, but it's certainly close to a tie.

I mean, when I think about it, I really remember every planet for the Sith Inquisitor. While the Agent's hunting terrorists and spies, and Sith Warrior hunts those Darth Baras wants her to, the Inquisitor hunts relics and ghosts - doesn't sound much more interesting than a spy game, does it? But somehow, it became very personal. Tatooine, when you take a great pirate with you. Alderaan, when you (maybe) fall in love with that Sith guy(I was pretty shocked by the ending, though it was simple). Taris - I didn't expect that Taris and trying to convert a Jedi would be so much fun! And Hoth, the coldest and most boring planet ever, got Talos Drellik! Oh gods, do I love crazy!

I think it's the story's main strength - first of all, it's a personal journey(won't spoil anything, but it's all about your character, and she's going through a lot of changes), and second, Sith Inquisitor's team works very, very, very close to the plot and is - especially late characters - probably one of the best in the game. I know the developers did their best with Mysterious Doctor Lokin and ever-so-helpful Temple for the Agent, but Temple/Lokin/Broonmark's quests and dialogues for Agent/Sith Warrior just don't cut it close to Talos or Ashara for me, I think.

As for Talos Drellik, seriously, the guy's fun. He's not romance material, I think, and his voice might be a little grating, but the developers gave him warmth, and humor, and some vulnerability, and he LAUGHS AT MY CHARACTER'S JOKES! I really can't choose rude replies to him, it's like kicking a chocolate lobel. (Even when I had to destroy the relics, my char choose the dark side but said something suspiciously close to "I'm sorry". Can't believe I did that).

Anyway, I'm very fond of Inquisitor's story, recommend it to anyone, looking forward to Chapter 3.

Also, speaking of Cartel Market, items and collections, I really recommend everyone who hasn't done it already to do this:

1) search GTN for indestructible crystal, level 10 max. These are crystals with 41 extra endurance from Cartel Market. I bought one for ~120000 yesterday;

2) buy one and equip it in your weapon, so that it's bound to you;

3) you'll get a message that now it's in your collection(right away or in a few hours);

4) open your collections tap(down in the Inventory window) and find that crystal, it will take some time but since most of the items in your collections are greyed out, you'll do it;

5) buy it via Cartel Coins(60 coins) in your collections tab.

Now ALL your characters of level 10++ can use this crystal in all their weapons and their companions' weapons, and you can get as many copies as you like. Isn't it great? :D

What was everyone's fav romance in this game, anyway? I know I am coming off KOTOR2 high, and nothing will ever compare to that crew of shameless salivating lust... by appearances alone, there is no companion who looks hot and gorgeous, save for Zenith. Obsidian by whatever reason manages their dolls better in that regard than Bio.

Domi, let us know how Coruscant goes. :D I love the irony of that world - it's the heart of the Republic and the Senate and everything, yet literally in two bus stops from the Senate you get full-scaled barricades, organized groups of thugs firing into officers of law, and, well, it's worse than Athkatla. Even the Empire's capital world doesn't have _that_(or at least they give reasons).

Democracy, right?

Guys, with all the characters we are creating, shouldn't we create at least one on the same server on an odd chance we may one day get together on-line? Or are our accounts now tied to one server?

Okay, I gotta do this with crystal thing,

I also need to figure out two things:

a) what to get with my Cartel coins

b) what to do with Kalyio customization package. I read that I need to find a customization machine? Station, I assume?

My husband keeps whining how he hates, just hates his Mr. When I go to Sith Academy, I bring me littl' wifie along.. but he got to Level 9, and is about to get graduated. I hope they would let me shoot while he does combat training. Ridiculously, I get the eyewitness mode on his main story line, but not on his sidequests ??? SOOO weird. Anyway, we are dragging him to his AC, and then he can decided if he is going to continue pushing the guy, or drop him and come up with something else on the Imperial side. I am going to do some quick alone play on the IA today, because she managed to level up on Korriban, and finish a quest on Hutta that my husband is not eligible for.There is no reason to drag him along and across.

So far the best about SWTOR: different beginning for different characters & environments - VERY beautiful

Worst: the Bio trinity of responses and PC is the Most Boring Character in the cast - the usual Bio flaws. I think I am pretty committed to playing Twi'lek Smuggler because of it. Trooper, I can try later when i yearn for "Aye, aye, SIR!" and a Boot Camp romance....

My favourite romance is Malavai Quinn for Sith Warrior, absolutely. It might have to do with my tastes, though. But loved him, loved him, loved him. However, the second/third place(Vector Hyllis for the Agent or Andronicus Revel for the Inquisitor) is lovely, too, though Vector's romance is pretty... well, specific. When I watched Youtube, I didn't think I'd fall in love with him. Then again, couldn't say it about Andronicus, either, but his romance is much more poignant and fragile and alive than I thought.

I think Aric-Doc-Torian-maybe Corso are fairly tolerable. Erm, can't say your Jedi Consular has anything good to expect, but Tharan is nice, provides some fun. Iresso(main love interest for the Consular) on Hoth? Erm... probably not so much.

Customization package is fairly simple - there's a Companion Tab in your inventory, with Kaliyo's equipment. Customization slot is in the left bottom side(boots on the right bottom side). Just insert it. My favorite customization is Kaliyo with jewels on her face - I think you can buy more at Balmorra or somewhere else(Balmorra is the third Empire world, there's a cantina with a shop).

Cartel coins: don't rush to spend them. I think you may want two things first(really, really, really good):

- quick travel, Legacy tab, Other tab.

- rocket boost.

Other things might be a bit too expensive(I know I tried to buy everything and instead I got inventory modules for super-high price and am still a bit bitter about it). If you want more Cartel Coins, I _think_ we could try to click on each other's referral links and get some more coins, like 500 at once and 100 a month(you get a referral link when you log in to SWTOR and go to https://account.swtor.com/user/refer ; my referral link is above on this page 6). I'd send you some stuff, but we're not on the same server. :( RE: Servers. I'm playing on Red Eclipse, because it's Europe - I can't afford connection issues if I switch to America, I'm afraid(tried it with Diablo, epic fail). Also all the Russians are there, kind of.

You only get eyewitness mode on his story quests, yeah, that's how it's supposed to be - it's his class quests(be happy you're allowed in at all! two sith inquisitors can't watch each other's quests). And I love beautiful starter planets! I think Korriban is my favourite planet. But, yeah, there's also Alderaan(beautiful!) and many other landscapes. And music! Hoth music is brilliant, and even Balmorra's not too bad.

Best of luck with your smuggler run! I hope you'll find it funnier than I did, but then again, I'm just starting.

And one fun tip for getting easy experience on _very_ low levels for your new-new-new chrars: take a shuttle to the fleet, go to the Crew skills section, and click on all Crew skill vendors. You'll get enough Codex experience to advance a few levels and skip those sidequests.

Archived