Let's talk SWtOR!

Twani

About the tank: wait, wait. I myself suck at fighting hard battles in groups, and I would NEVER play a tank - this is, like, the hardest and most responsibility-heavy class in the game! It requires you to know everything. /.../ Then why stick to a tank?

It gets you to a flashpoint fast and you get a nice feeling of holding your ground against an overwhelming opposition. If everything is ok. Plp are usually kind towards tanks as well. Well except for some heals, who chose the most boring class and feel, like they are very close to martyrdom. On the other hand they usually dont know a first thing about tanking(or dpsing). One heal was advising me to use aoe taunt every 10 seconds (i want that cooldown!), so he would not be attacked by mob. He died when two of them turned on him (I guess his gear was a little bit underwhelming), while i was tanking the rest (five others). His two dps mates from his french guild were standing next to him and did not help him at all. They were just shooting at the group I was holding. No cc or anything else. The result for him was, that is was my fault. In the second boss battle (Cademimu HM) they jumped on the plane and wanted me to drag the fire pigs and the wookie to them. It seemed, that they did not know, that on HM their respawn is infinite. Well in the end we managed. They were ok, just the heal was a little bit too confident about his general know-how. While I was (wisely) saying nothing. :)

Today at a tactical czerka core meltdown another tank with a worse gear told me, that I should dps. I did not have problem with it. Later he was giving lessons to our 40K+ DPS, that he should not attack without him engaging first (that was funny actually). Later I was surprised, that he did not know the boss mechanics. So i had to switch back to ion cells in the middle of the fight. He wasnt happy and told me, that he finished the flashpoint like a hundred times. As a heal... I though - there we go. :)

But really with 180 barrel you get base dmg in between 1100-1500 with a tank. Its not that bad and with a dps companion you can clean weeklies very quickly. The bright side is, that later in the game you can do heroic missions alone. Especially with a good heal comp. And i still love the running, taunting, and harpooning to flock the mob around you.

Every role can be fun I guess. And all of them are hard to master. I like the versatility of the dps as well. They can often (and even have to if they are played well) heal and even have to fill the role of a tank, when he is not around. Heal has to be nearly everywhere. A misused skill is a bigger problem for them, because it could mean a dead tank or dps. Its really needed to learn a little bit about other roles and their main problems. Tanking can be sometimes a little bit... Frustrating. I hate the new Manaan flashpoint dearly. Especially the last boss, who has huge push and drop aggro. Sometimes its hard to tank there at all. Fortunately otherwise its really easy there. The only problem for a tank is, that you spent a lot of time there in the air or stunned. Same thing happened to me in Lost Island few times.

P. S. My flat completion is on 66% now. The prefab prices are growing like crazy. I dont really like that. So I guess, that I will take a break from buying furniture.

(sorry for a very short reply - got to go out now!) Last evening the lag disappeared, I went to the TfB via GF, a few flashpoints and so on, but this morning I woke up, and it's back. I don't know when exactly it disappears and what is happening, so until I resolve this thing, I'm afraid our Sunday should be off - it's just not possible to function with a lag like that. :( Sigh. I guess I'll be calling my provider again now.

Hope you can get the lag sorted. :(. I'm kind of going back and forth about canceling my swtor game. It means I can't do Makeb with you guys then, and ill level slower, but right now the only time I play is the weekends with you two, so I'm sorta wasting money...

I've logged in this morning normally, with GPN/WTFast off(it helps me to resolve net difficulties, but it's a very expensive program - subscription costs 10$ a month or thereabouts), so knock wood, but, yeah, I'm really not sure if Beeline(my provider) resolved their difficulties yet.

I think you will be Okay Twani, if we don't do Makeb together, lol. There is a LOOOT to go till then. :)

EDIT: And on preffered, my husband did not lag behind in levels too too much. Normally, ~ 2 levels, and by the end of the game (Corellia) he was 4 levels behind.

yesterday night lag was so bad that server had crashed on me (red eclipse). I was forcefully logout and then infinite loading screen happend (game was unable to load due to server issues, I guess)...I just closed the process via menager. My internet connection was working just fine all the time so it was EA servers fault not internet provider for sure. Then I removed "disk cache area" 1GB file located in "swtor" folder. started the game and voila! all was right and smooth. so I did a little pvp late at night (almost midnight). only one match on voidstar. I was just running and gunning stuff without much thinking I mean without using brain at all...pure instinct...when match ended and I just couldn't believe my eyes. My lvl 42 mercenery chick scored... 670k damage. lol midnight predator

Holy cow, that's some huge DMG number! Congrats!

No lags for me yesterday, I guess they did manage to brace Harbinger for once. Not to jinx or anything. Thank you for the tip on the disk cache area though. I will keep it in mind!

I played a lot on Makeb yesterday with my intrepid Gunslinger. I thought I was close to the end, but apparently nope. I am actually enjoying the story very much, it seems to fit the Smuggler to a T - almost a class story feel, with all the shuttles hijacking and all the sabotage. Some cutscenes are just amazing. I loved the once where we crush the floating platform from the sky, and the one where we fold the energy bridge. :) I dunno how much is left still, but I am more than happy to replay it on another character so far. I guess thinning the crowds there was a good idea, as there was like 13 people on my Makeb yesterday, so it could have been punishing. Fingers crossed, if we are to suffer another expansion it is as good!

My baby Trooper is L23, fresh from re-equip, and on Nar Shaddaa. I am going to play him all weekdays (as I need to get him through 2 chapters asap to get my 4 buffs!). I can't wait tbh till he slows down with leveling. I barely seem to land on a planet, and I am already overlevelling it. Nar Shadda is good for L24, so I am back to the class quest + datacrons. I want to PvP a bit heavier this week, to get comms for equipping Elara on L25 and giving her a whirl. She should be a natural companion for my Van, though chances are I am also getting the M1-4X after Nar Shaddaa. But, Elara first, I want to see if she is a good match. With Aric, it was very simple. I dunno, I almost feel like a DPS companion is a better match at the moment, and Elara will be better later on.

Finished the Republic of Thieves, and yeah, it is the weakest of the Lamora books. I think Lynch is done, really. It's not that the two stories didn't hold my interest, but they just weren't great, you know? And Locke and Sabetha love story just dragged on, and on, and was endlessly more of the same. Locke does something innocent that Sabetha misinterprets, blows the fuse, Locke apologizes, she takes her time to come around, apologizes, but coasts him, they don't sleep together... an so on, and so forth, ad infinitum.

Sabetha: Oh, Locke, you are after me because it's inevitable, and I don't like it!

Locke: I am sorry. I erred. You are the One for me!

Sabetha: But that's exactly what I fear!

Locke: Sabetha, I love you and will wait FOREVAR! It's up to you to decide!

Sabetha: Thanks! (Runs for the hills, & who can blame her?)

Locke (wistfully): Well, come back when you feel like it, Okay?

Jean: You guys gotta sort yourselves out, I can't take it no more (again!)

There is a Big Reveal, but I dunno, if I am up for Locke being any more special. Oh, well. Thorn of Emberlain should be out soonish (maybe). We'll see.

I'm just doing decorations and two HM FP per day for comms on two chars. :) (still on vacation, will write more when back at work!)

(670k damage? oh my god!)

Server seems fine, btw, (knocks wood), and I've even been given the encryption I missed in my quest reward (from customer support), yay!

Well congrats. Thats a massive damage. :) Im so terrible in pvp, that I am actually a huge liability to aby team. Last time i died in a One against One fight with a dps, who had much worse gear than me. Though more pvp oriented.

Anyway Im on Balmorra with my Sith Asssasin and powertech. Both are tanks of course. I certainly feel, that there are some big differences in tanking with light armor. Though the invisibility Is huge fun. Im sometimes dying in flashpoints even with a good heal. :p

I am kind of getting worried about Twani. Twani? You alright, girl?

@Jab: Did you go PvP in your 180 gear on L55? If so, the DPS was likely better geared than you the way the bolster works. 148-156 is the sweet spot till you can get Obroan (Mainhand can be 186). I have a couple of bad fights this morning. :( Don't start PvP on L55, start from the ground up. On L55 you face a lot of folks who were at it forever and ever.

On the upside, I have just met 4X, and, stars, I think I will make an exception, he is hilarious! Like an LS version of HK-47! I guess that's what I have always wanted in a droid or something. Kindda tempted to whirl through Nar Shaddaa to get the droid, lol. Also, Elara on a male is far more interesting somehow. And Aric more tolerable. Or, maybe the second time round you just don't expect too much, and it is easier to adapt.

I have five 180 items now. Most of the other are 168 or even 162 (implants and earpiece). I had some fine rounds, but it was mostly a disaster. But I was there just to get comms for the relics, so it took only a day or two (of pain). Im not really into pvp. Partially because Im really bad at it. Though Counter-strike 1.6 was fun when I was at university. In the end Im just ok, when people are not kicking me out from flashpoints and pvp games. I will never reach a professional player status, but thats fine. :)

Archived