Let's talk SWtOR!

Twani

Oh, yeah, you are on the wrong side of the Bolster in your 160-180, basically you are what PvP population is pulling their hair out (a PvE guy in top tier gear). Because of the uneven updates that the game gets in respct to the PVP gear (the game is basically stuck in the times when 156 was the Best), bolster is going crazy for the high level PvE gear, not bolstering your expertise. So, you get mercilessly slaughtered. If you have ANY 140-156's lying around (except for MH/OH), put them on next time you decide to play a few matches. It will go far, far, far better.

If all you want is Obroan, then earn your comms early on, before you have to play the 55 bracket. That's what I am going to do on my Mara, since PvP'ing Mara on L55 is for masochists. I will probably do it for all my char I am just leveling, to switch the relics from L45 Rack relics to L55 Obroan. If I like how they play, I will take them to Brute relics.

EDIT: does anyone know which decorations drop in the regular leveling play? I keep getting datacrons, lol! I also get a pet dropped on me on Makeb. Is that common?

You won't get anything in regular levelling play, only datacrons. There are various things in flashpoints, but only if you do bonus boss - the decoration doesn't always drop on the final boss. You'll have better luck by crafting/searching GTN/buying Cartel Market bundles.

I got almost all 180 pieces on my Mara, and I'm aiming to upgrade my Sniper a bit(her pants are still 162). This week is flashpoints in conquest, so it's going to be fun!

I should try a GF for my Trooper, see how long I last till people kick me out. In all likelihood, I will pull Athiss, which is not a big deal :) I am also due to solo Hammer Station before I overlevel it & don't get XP. Maybe I will have some fun drops :)

And that mint crystal is talking to me. It tell me to make a DPS Guardian! I even decided on a name, Tredici, since it is the lucky #13, but can't decide between an Imp Zabrack and a PB Sith (once Becchino hits L50)

I'm kind of sadly in the middle of a mess. I'm alive, though, don't worry about me! But real life right now is hitting me hard, my friend hard, my family hard, our other family friend hard... it's, uh, ugly right now. I feel like it's a mess of dealing with lawyers, trying to deal with some horrible back stuff (I got pushed down the stairs by the jackass, basically, backwards, and hit my shoulder horribly enough that I may need surgery but no one can actually decide they just go back and forth), dealing with baby, dealing with dogs and cats, and just...a argh. Messy mess.

I did unsubscribe from SWTOR. I only play it on weekends with you guys, so it just made no sense to be subscribing. I would like to run Makeb Republic-side before my subscription goes (I have like, 30 days), but of it, only my Smuggler is ready (though it wouldn't take long to make the other three ready). The problem is that I actively hate my Councilor's first three companions, my trooper's last companion, and my Jedi and Smuggler's love interest, so... I'm just disencouraged with them. I suppose I'll push my Trooper to cap and try to get her through Makeb, but... that will take time, and I don't have much of it. We'll see.

Been goofing around in Rift, Guild Wars 2, Everquest 2, DCUniverse Online when I've had spare time... like all four games more then SWTOR at this point.

Twani, hugs! Sounds like you are hitting some major tough spell in RL. Hope things get more stable, and lighter.

With Pub Makeb, tbh it fits the Smuggler the best, it totally plays as a Class story. Though the Trooper can work. I am not really seeing Jedi as good fit for it. Erm, my two cents!

I am totally taken by the Trooper's story right now on Nar Shaddaa, had to force myself to put my Tageren on the Fleet to run the Hammer Station ASAP and maybe GF another FP. Still not L24, but getting too close for comfort. Elara's soundset is horrible imo; I think he is Jaxo's man. Met Jonas, sort of looking forward for the female Trooper flirting with him. Is it me, or does he and Sanju and Cole all have the same facial model? Is it like 'generic handsome guy all female players would swoon over?" Well, Sanju I think has a pointed chin... I don't know how his flirts will pan out, but really, I am annoyed that it's a human again & Numan is still the most fun from all the romantic options.

And, yay! My very first solo Hammer Station! Took forever to do that last battle, as I was figuring how to get Elara neutral, walk her out of the red circle, kill aids, keep beating on the main guy thing. In the end, Tageren never died, but have to run away (better part of valor!) 3 times or so, Elara died once, but we got through. :)

Now, next task is to pug for Athiss (whatever you call it) after next level up (he is now L24). And a re-equip, because I am over 80 plan comm, thanks to warzones and the daily. Got my butt kicked in the wz's yesterday, aww. Oh, well, only so much I can do to improve, I am afraid.

The story is great! I have to finish the off-planet quest, then make an attempt at the juicy 3+ datacrons of Nar Shaddaa, and then it off to Tatooine. I totally adored M1-4X, and will probably use him as the main companion on my F!Trooper. Tageren being a tank, M1 doesn't make sense role-wise. Still going to have Elara running with me for a while, need another 800 kills or so on her. Then, I dunno. But, boy, he is leveling fast! And he is so easy to play, it's not even funny.

Oh, and Saturday is my Slinger day for Makeb! Maybe I will even finish it if I wake up early enough (woot!)

And, I am thinking I will add another Legacy bay with Oct cc coins. After that, I guess, I can start buying server slots. 'Cause they are pretty pricey in credits, and will work for either new chars, or if I decide to go preferred in February.

Twani, hope your real life is going to get better soon! And hey, you're a published modder now - Romantic Encounter for BG1 went live!

Heh, Domi, you liked the Trooper! That's probably like the Agent for the Republic - makes sense that you like him, and I like the Agent. :)

Let me know about the weekend. This Sunday is my birthday, so I probably won't be in the game much, but anyway!

I've been playing flashpoints and GTN, mostly. Got a great stronghold 100% on Tatooine(and Dromund Kaas), and I started decorating Nar Shaddaa. There's a chance it won't be a complete mess. :D Coruscant next, but currently Nar Shaddaa's spare rooms and Coruscant's spare ones are "junkholds" - spare trophies, cheap decorations and things like that. But what I have decorated, seriously, is pretty. :D

I've maxed my server slots and such, so currently I'm working towards gear - I want to get an elite suit for my Merc from the get-go. She's only level 40 for now, though, so there's time. :D

Yeah, I definitely see that the mirror classes are spiritually reversed Smuggler = BH; IA=Trooper. Happy birthday! I dunno, I am willing if Twani has time.

GTN tanked again on the Harbinger, lol, so not so important to check it now, both blessing and the curse. Dailies will become a main source of income again. I even crafted some war supplies for my Guild that keeps trying to be in top ten. :)

Huh. Published modder (for BG1, anyway!). That's sort of cool. Three games, now! (Though I deleted all my Morrowind mods from public viewing, because: baaaad.) Still should finish stupid NPC's. So tempted to like, delete all of Altan's romance and start over on it, but will probably contain my editing-desperateness.

I caught a cold, and then either I got the flu or I've stressed myself out so much I made myself sick. Honestly, I don't know. But I don't think I can make tomorrow, and Sunday's sort of iffy, too. Happy early birthday, though, Kuylok! Have a good one. :)

I'll try running Republic Makeb on my Smuggler, then. I'll run it with Risha for dialog and Guss for healz and pretend that Coroso died tragically somewhere back. (It was sad. Maybe. ...I hate Doc more, Corso is just like... annoying.. and my Smuggler so shouldn't have married him, which is my own fault.) Now she hangs out with the Princess (I know you guys don't like her, but I find her a fun Leia-expy who totally has the snark down, and love getting the chance to snark back) and the fish guy. (Hopefully the wookie that is so boring I can't remember his name (the only interesting Wookie was the evil one in KOTOR2) died, too. Spar can stay.)

I can't really play video games right now, too bleh. Everyone is treating me like I have some sort of plague, and GASP I AM SICK AROUND A BABY I AM A HORRIBLE PERSON apparently. Meanwhile, I just want to sleep forever. >.< Sickness sucks.

Catch some sleep, Twani. Lol, the baby has an immune system protection that beats yours. One nurse once told us - they are really very robust little things, and she will go through a period of being sick with absolutely everything the moment you put her in daycare or school! And she will be bringing in every bug back home every year too, which she would get over in a matter of hours and that will floor you for a week or two. Heh, yeah... been there!

I am actually looking forward to Risha on my male guy. I run Makeb with Treek, Riggs doesn't cut it, you do need healing. And, yeah, by now I feel I should not have wed my Smuggler to the guy also. Guss would be great, though. Have fun!

EDIT: Wow, Makeb is like single player's wet dream - the adventure just doesn't end! Almost 3 hours on Makeb, and still not done! Sanctuary now. But boy, do I love collecting Grade 9 mats in the OW!

Finished Makeb!!! Now my Slinger has a gazillion quests in her log with all the Flashpoints and Dailies. But I went and GF'd my Trooper into Mando Raiders, and started Tatooine. I totally facepalmed through the MR (i forgot to Guard, I was so nervous), but the team was really, really strong, so they graciously carried me, and nobody died. :)

Hey congrats on Makeb! Vanguard is btw the best tank to start with. Get that "target-on-target" on your screen. Its really a useful menu which will show you, um..., the target of your target. ;) After that its just "tab" to switch between your enemies and you can rule over the battlefield.

Im now playing for a Sith Assassin tank. I must say I really feel every hit in that light armor. On the other hand with his cc, invisibility etc., the character is really enjoyable. And its really easy to hold the aggro with him. Which sometimes means his death, hehe. Only seven levels (to lvl 39) and I will give him an ugly and incredibly yellow set and a purple double-bladed lighsaber. I cant wait for that, though it will probably burn my eyes. But after all the military seriousness of my previous tank, I needed something crazy. He is Rattaki so I will probably call him a Darth Banana or something like that.

Btw I deleted my female smuggler. I could not stand Corso. I also had huge problem with companions of the Sith Assassin. Khem seemed fine at first, but he was boring after a while. Andronikus is boring from the beginning. I really dont understand, why you get first dps after four or so planets. And heal companion is on Hoth!

I finally reached legacy level 40, so now Im thinking about getting Treek. As far as I know, she should solve all my future heal problems. I just really dont want to pay that million for her. But oh well, what can I do.

And happy birthday Kulyok! :)

Yeah, the Smuggler's long wait for a heal companion drove me nuts! I really should have made my Smuggler a Scoundrel (or at least had her go biochem), as I spent so much money on healing packs on that toon. But it turned out I really liked Guss. I mean, yes, fish guy, silly, but he feels like a BFF/protege for my Smuggler. I was a bit disappointed, though, there's a conversation near the end where he discusses that he's so inspired by you that he thinks he might want to go back to the Jedi Order and become a real Jedi and make you proud, but then in the last conversation he's decided he likes you too much and is staying with you. I wanted to tell him "No, Guss, go back to the order and become an awesome Gray Jedi- we'll totally keep in touch and send mail every week. And once you finished your training, a place on my ship will ALWAYS be open for you and you can come back and we can save the world together (my Smuggler was pretty much very LS)." I mean, there's some definite timeskips before Makeb, and then after Makeb... he totally could have went and Done Awesome and then came back and, uh, turned in to a willpower companion. Hm. That would make him the only healer that wasn't ranged, though, which they probably couldn't do blah blah, but... I still like the idea.

Happy birthday, Kuylok. I know things are complicated right now, but best wishes and happy birthday!

I am not having a very good weekend (stressss), but my sickness seems to be fading, at least. You were right, Domi- the baby seems to be stronger then me, and hasn't so much as a sniffle while I of course feel like death warmed over. Heh. I got bored last night and sort of started sketching out ideas for Icewind Dale companions. I'm trying to figure out if I could fit a priest (or priestess? I like the idea of a male, though, as it's rarer) of Auril in. You spend a lot of IWD working against the church of Auril, but it's not like the church gets along with each other, and it could lead to some nice 'is he going to betray me or not' drama in the background. It's a thought.

I also spent some time doing crafting and home decorating in EQ2. Might show some pictures of the last. EQ2 is an old game, but home decorating is AWESOME. My coercer has like bones of dead things everywhere as well as magical items, while my swashbuckler has a cool Arabian styled outdoor area.

On another note, Guild Wars 2 is offering a free trial. I'm not sure if any of you are interested in it, but it's a game that normally does not have free trials, so I figured I'd post about it. If anyone does decide to try, my army of characters with stupid A names is on the Tarnished Coast server.

Twani, I am trying to send some good and lucky vibes and auras your way!

I find that I use Focus Target rather than ToT, though I need to train myself to use ToT on my DPS, it will be very good for focusing. That's too bad you did not like the Smuggler, certainly my 2nd fav story after Consular.

And, I am totally with Twani - I would love to get Guss as a FU healer after a training session. He is not going to overshadow my Captain! And if he were a Nautolan... mmgh.

Anyway, I finished Tat today at exactly level 28, and now again parked for re-equip - just don't have it in me right now. So, let me just shout it out:

WHAT IT IS WHITH OBSIBIO SACRIFICING CUTE TECHY ZABRACKS?! I bet female trooper doesn't even get a chance to put a single flirt in with Fuse either, let alone save him. Oh, well. It's Bao all over again. :(

I also played a wee bit with customization options, and I can't decide between a male Sith and a Female Imp Zabrack for the JK if I ever make one. Male SIth is probably a little bit more appealing. After all, I wanted it for my Scoundrel....

Thank you very much for the birthday wishes, that's so very nice of you all! :D We had a really great day in parts of Moscow I never knew existed(North Tushino parks and some streets in the center around the Old Square, not to be confused with the Red Square. With so many Italian architects working there, it almost looks like Rome and Madrid all in one. And the weather was beautiful!)

Twani, please get well. And that GW2 trial is a great birthday gift, btw! I'm going to check it out, if I don't forget(when I come home, I just go to SWTOR or DA automatically).

I was going to bring you folks a few screenshots from my strongholds, but I was late for work(had to bring about six or seven kilos of grapes for the colleagues - yeah, I have a lot of them!), so maybe in a day or two, if I manage to do it. somehow, when I'm in the strongholds, I keep playing instead of doing screenshots!

Anyway, I've been super-productive, decorations-wise. I finally got to 50 k personal prestige, which means my strongholds have 100k prestige, and when I'm online, they're in the first few rows on the public listings. (It's Stacey's strongholds on Tatooine and Dromund Kaas, and I'm building a fashionable brothel on Nar Shaddaa - hey, I'm having a cantina room, a spacer room, a military room, and I think I'm going to stow that waitress in a Sith room! Well, maybe. Don't know yet. And then I'll finish the Coruscant apartment - I want that one to be without any plants or people. It's a challenge, but let's see if I can make it interesting!). It's all on Red Eclipse, so if you're there and I'm online, I'll be happy to give you a key or to invite you.

Currently I'm saving for those big, biiiiig centerpieces from Korriban/Tython. I have a few fusion generators, but it just isn't the same. Though I finally got the statue of the Emperor overlooking the Dromund Kaas balcony garden, and it looks really atmospheric. And by atmospheric I mean creepy and weird - imagine, you're sitting in that huge room by the window, and the Emperor's looking at you from under the cowl. All. The. Time.

(I'm actually pretty proud of how I placed that chair! It seriously creeped even me out, which was the point, I guess.)

Twani, please, please, don't delete Altan and Ayberk! (yeah, know you won't, but still) It's so great, it's shaping out to be so interesting - even if you don't finish it right away, it's worth waiting for inspiration again. And, hey, maybe they become your IWD companions, or Morrowind ones, or come into another game. (IWD is kind of boring, though, I'm afraid. I admit that though I loved Domi's mod, I ended up skipping the game past that valley with the... giants? Well, fairly early, I think. And I used CTRL-killeveryone until I got stuck by accidentally killing a quest-giver, I think. Er, that applies to both IWD and IWD2).

Funnily enough, my Zabrak cute Smuggler was actually the one who enjoyed Makeb! It's simply made for a rugged Republic hero with all the funny replies - and flirting with a beautiful/sassy girl, too. My Jedi Knight never finished Makeb, though - it was just too boring to keep with the "Jedi way is to serve, Jedi way is to serve, Jedi way is to .... hrrr... (falls asleep)". And that flirting-but-not-quite-romance for the Republic is nice, too. The character's not as great as Cytharat, but the romantic lines are sweet.

Gratz on Makeb and MR, Domi! You'll need this experience - MR is a flashpoint for level 55, and it's basically the same(only stealth doesn't work), and the reward is quite cool. Speaking of HM FP rewards, I got all 180's for my lovely Sith Mara. Alas, I'll have to buy some different power-heavy enchantments, a power(not critical!) mod, and I'll need set bonus, because I don't have it yet(well, one 168 piece in my stash, but it doesn't work on its own).

(OOoooh, target on target? Focus target? Want that! Will research!)

@Jab: Darth Banana, heheheheh! Sith assassins are awesome tanks - I soloed as a tank for a while, and while she dies slowly, she kills slowly, too... but Darth Kulyok was awesome(respecced her to DPS, though). I respect Assassin tanks in flashpoints - they literally dance.

Huge grats on Historic/level 40! I had that title for a while, too(the last legacy levels are a pain, especially on 55's, when you're not getting legacy quest XP, only legacy kill XP) and I was really proud of it after Prolific.

And, yeah, Treek's worth it, but I no longer use her while levelling below 50 - I really get much more enjoyment from regular comps, even if it's just Vette for my male Mara, or someone like Guss. (Awww, Guss!)

Like you all, I don't like Corso very much, but I think I'm just not the target audience.

I think Guss couldn't have made it as a Jedi because of his character. He's great, but just not Jedi material. Um, maybe he's too weak as a Jedi, too - otherwise they'd probably have trained him. I mean, my Dark JK is Dark 5 after Chapter 1, but is anybody concerned about it? Naah. "Future of the Order", "our only hope" - that's what they say. I think they really cut you slack when you're powerful, but if you're not, they're throwing you to the wolves. Same as Sith.

@Domi: wait, wait, you didn't have a chance to save Fuse? I remember my female trooper, Alyona - well, the chances to save Fuse were practically thrown in her face, and since I played light only, I did save him. Heck, I basically had to beg Garza not to get him back in the field(fortunately, they still threw him in prison). But, yeah, no flirts. Only Aric who, ahem, never asks for your consent before going for the third base(it's third base, right?).

Twani, I hope your stress gets something great to eat and drink and sleep! I'm available this weekend, but if it doesn't work for you, of course, I understand. I'll make sure to do these screenshots this week!

@Jab - btw, there's an absolutely awesome twin-blade on Manaan(that research data vendor). I bought one, but since it was not bound-to-legacy(and couldn't be added to collections), I sold it, as I wasn't going to start an assassin/shadow right away. Still, awesome.

Archived