Let's talk SWtOR!

Twani

As long as they give you some reasonable chance to get into the expansion and clean up the mess of 4 sets of comms, 2 of them basically useless, I am fine. But, tbh, I am a bit snarky about my sub paying for things I don't have use for. The last thing they developed that I enjoyed the heck off was Makeb + Legacy storage is good. I tried to pay attention to the Conquest on my L28 trooper this week, and ended up with 19,000+ points - out of 35,000 - and I have never played with Eric, only played the Trooper. So, yeah, everything after Makeb (which was what? almost a year ago?) was in a format that is very hard for me to enjoy - all those FPs/OPs, and not a cent invested in class development, companions in endgame, unranked PvP and customizations for PC and comps... I do understand that I pay for retaining other people in the game, but I dunno, I want something there for me too. Like Zenith romance, for gods' sake or a Nautolan/Togruta playable race.

Yeah, might be worth it to consider going preferred until 3.0 hits. I'm using my subscriber status for high prestige, 100% conquest bonus, multiple expensive decorations, 180 stuff, 20+ flashpoints per week should I need to, ops, and 22 character limit(for now I'm enjoying conquest, but if my guild is going to lose again - and, yep, 2nd place is losing - I'm just going to return to my low-level alts).

I really, really wonder how much they are going to give us, class-wise. I really want some class distinction, but "hey, you're the Hand of Jadus" just doesn't cut it. Not sure about the new races, though - they might well give us one.

Btw, about Dragon Age: this is one game that does have major spoilers(especially closer to the end), so don't read if you want to enjoy it fully! I mean, seriously, some awesome and crazy stuff there. Pretty dark sometimes, too.

Nah, I totally love having sub and all the perks it gives me. Money management, XP, artifact equipment, races, etc. The game will become unplayable for me w/o sub or I have to invest oodles into unlocking everything. The 13 or so $ a month I pay is well spent, as the game is basically my only form of digital entertainment. I really wish we get a Naut or Togruta! Though I am Okay with making a male Sith for my Guardian if I have to. :)

EDIT: heh, 2nd place. My guild have like slightly over a mil points, and the winning one is over 7 mils, and the other ones are over 3 mils. They are recruiting every kid they can find on Tython, heh. We are not even in the running past Thursdays, lol.

Yeah, it just doesn't seem worth it to compete for anything but the first place - I mean, guild reward + personal reward means a week of grinding for six gathering decorations I already have, and money comes via GTN faster. So I do want that title. We have our server leaders, though, and since they're primarily conquest guilds, it's kind of hard to compete. I did win two planets with my guild, though.

Well, the new week just started, so good luck to your guild! :) Anyway, I go try to do the boring work stuff now. Can't wait to have the game back and running this afternoon :) My few minutes in DA were fun, but it does feel clunky game-play wise after SWTOR. Kira's B-day this weekend, so I dunno if I will be on much, I need to bake the cake and I could not get the whole Fri off, then the party... yeah... :) I might be able to do Sunday if you gals are up to it. Otherwise, I'll just do something extravagant like sleeping in.

Heh, I overslept and never even heard my alarm call. Must be the rain - golden autumn's over. Best of luck with the birthday party!

With DA, it helps if you click a point as far from you as possible - then the character runs by herself!

@Jab - btw, there's an absolutely awesome twin-blade on Manaan(that research data vendor). I bought one, but since it was not bound-to-legacy(and couldn't be added to collections), I sold it, as I wasn't going to start an assassin/shadow right away. Still, awesome.

Yeah, the blade was even my goal, but later I spent the research data (6 of them) on the Manaan flowers. The blade would not fit the character I think, but it is nice nevertheless.

Ah, yeah, I spent all the money on flowers, too. :) They're great.

Okay, news: new expansion is going to be called Shadow of Revan!

There will be two new sets soon: Theron Shan and Lana Beniko, and Theron Shan looks really sexy:

http://tor-fashion.com/theron-shan/

And there's a really good Nadia customization, to my mind: http://dulfy.net/2014/07/26/swtor-architect-and-seneschals-stronghold-pack/#Seneschals_Stronghold_Pack

Finally, a new decorations bundle(my advice: buy one or two now, open, use the items you want, sell the rest in 36 hours - it's a million minimum).

And AT LAST, a green hawkeye crystal straight from the Cartel Market! Cheap, too. (But yours is absolutely great, too, Domi - all my Shadows are using that color).

Oh, yeah, mint-green is a beaut :) Looks like theron's set is the recolor of the KOTOR1 robes Alec is orgasming on the fora about. Heh, good to see *someone* happy. Lol, nothing can make Nadia any better for me. Still glad to never have to see her ever again (well, maybe for a few brief cutscenes if I get to play my Shadow eventually)!

If you ever get in to the sims, try the Sims 3. Sims 4 are much better looking, but they cut out so much! To the point that I think I'm just going to return my game. Of course, Sims 3 had five million expansion packs, so maybe you're better with the SIms 4... hm. I don't know.

Anyway, it looks like I don't have to get surgery, though they doubled me down on physical therapy. Which is good, as I have no idea how I was going to pay for surgery (I probably would have eventually badgered my insurance in to covering it (I am a good badger!), but it would have been full of five hour phone calls and screaming). That's a relief, but honestly, I'm just so tired right now. I don't want to whine too much on a public internet board, but I just want to screw all obligations and do absolutely nothing. Sigh. I thought I was supposed to get over that in my teens. >.>

Anyway, as for working on too many projects at once, no worries. You do have a good point, but honestly, that's just how I roll: I usually have four documents or so open at once and jump back and forth from writing one to writing the other when I'm in the mood. The original reason I decided Ayberk should be in BG1, too, is because I got so sick of just working on Altan. And going from NE to CG is fun! And... yeah, when I work on one project for too long, I start itching to work on another project, because I'm horrible.

And oh god, flirts. Can I just like, not write flirts? Sister V's Angelo mod got away with not writing flirts (save for a few that were always the same when you poked at him). Of course, admittedly, I missed the flirts when I played Angelo.

I've given up Morrowind modding, though (and NWN2 plans are just fun plans, no work), so it's just the brothers for BG1, the six (yeah, six... I figured that way I could counter all roles for things and then make an even three guys/three gals divide) for IWD1, and... a tiny stupid thing for BG2 I don't know if I'll ever finish or release.

(I call it 'Anomen Falls Further' or 'Anomen's Life Sucks Ass'. Because CN clerics of Helm offend me so badly, it involves him needing to find a new god after he falls. But so many of his lines refer to help that it would be annoying and who wants a mod where their main cleric becomes useless for a bit? And how many people make him CN, anyway?)

(Ayberk can get killed in BG2 by CN Anomen. Testing your wit on crazy people is not advised (he gets panicked about that once he realizes what he's done). Oddly, he manages to survive Valygar, although Valygar really would like him to take a step over the line.)

Anyway, I still hate Dyna and Monty, and oh god, Jan, I forgot Jan. I'd rather write ten Cernd banters then one Jan one, and I hate Cernd's RANDOM TREE METAPHOR THAT MAKES NO SENSE WOO style too.

(Yes, I wrote Ayberk's BG2 banters before his BG1 ones, mostly. I don't know. Why not?)

Still doing my Exalted writing, but I don't think I'll ever stop that. Exalted is my favorite World/Creation (ha, hah)/Universe to play in of all time.

See, the thing that bothers me about Strongholds in SWTOR is that, well, it's all money, for the most part. You can craft very few items, and they're rarely awesome. As for EQ2... yes, there are cool items in the store, but not only are they cheaper (and is often your money going to other players), but there's a whole profession dedicated just to crafting items for your house. And a lot of cool drops are from quests, not from raids. I like that.

Got to get back on EQ2... as soon as I feel whole. It's coming out with an expansion soon! So is Rift! Only Rift's expansion will be totes free, while EQ2's... not. So. >.> And GW2... I really want to try dungeons and PVP...

Anyway, hopefully will be available this weekend. Woo?

(WILL DECORATE EQ2 HOUSES. And show that my cat person is cool! Because she is, darn it!)

Hey, Twani, they're releasing a new set of Darth Sion robes! :) It's purple.

RE: Weeeeeeeeekend: I'm okay either time on Saturday and Sunday, just let me know, and I'll be there!

Gratz on no operation - I hope it works good for you. And, yep, screwing all the obligations and doing absolutely nothing is completely my kind of thing! Well, I should do that UB update, though.

Six companions sounds great. I do admit I'm lazier than you - I decided I should go with five, because nobody would play the game twice, so the sixth companion would just be extra work. Ah well.

(I call it 'Anomen Falls Further' or 'Anomen's Life Sucks Ass'. Because CN clerics of Helm offend me so badly, it involves him needing to find a new god after he falls. But so many of his lines refer to help that it would be annoying and who wants a mod where their main cleric becomes useless for a bit? And how many people make him CN, anyway?)

Heh. I think Helm really should admonish Anomen very strongly for killing that poor girl. Isn't he, like, for the law and order? However, I don't see Anomen as a person who'd worship any other god - it'd be just like Varric without his crossbow, or Merrill without her blood magic, or Isabella suddenly not interested in sex. Still, I know that writing "I hatttteeesss this kind of people, I'll make a mod about them suffering!" is quite liberating - I'm going to sacrifice Imoen in a mod, myself(and, yeah, obviously, story reasons).

Alas, the drama works a bit differently than I want it to: reader's sympathies tends to go to the losing side. For example, the new legions of Anomen fans who emerged after reading about Kelsey's "wins" in conversations.

As fo SWTOR - yeah, it's absolutely a cash grab. There're two things that let me breathe easier, though: you still can get lots of this stuff via flashpoints, ops, GTN/credits you make on GTN, and crafted stuff is still awesome. Also, prices are kind of dropping on prefabs already, which means that things are slowly starting to calm down.

(I made some money yesterday using an old trick: bought humble hero set for 500 cartel coins while it was on sale, sold it for 950k. :) )

I took a look at Rift, and it doesn't sound too bad - f2p, humans, beautiful landscapes. :) It's hard to go and try new things, though - I do like familiar comforts, perhaps too much.

I am glad something is going your way re: operation.

Okay, I will take a look at Bayar and check in this Sunday. Saturday is totally out of the question for me, I think. Though my meeting got moved, so now I am getting Friday off full day, to bake! Thanks goodness!

6 NPCs is where I started with the IWD2 NPC to give a little bit of flexibility. Now, I ended up with more :)

As for the bright move of skipping Flirts, why not. I still think it is nice to have some click-talky content, but here is thinking aloud. I should have done it with Garrick, if I had a way to mess with his click-talky file. Instead of a structured tree with kiss/hold hands, etc, just give a huge bunch of non-thematic random thingies. This way it is not so onerous to write, and it might be more interesting to play, since you never know what is going to happen. In fact I would even load random banters with other NPCs in it or what not. It can all have a romantic feel to it, or close and personal feel, but it won't be as rigid as the Flirting.

And, I hate to whine, but I had two completely horrid SWTOR sessions. Last night I got 2 datacrons, and died in Mos Ila (decided to get through by Stealth through Death), then accidently attacked a PvP flagged Imps that were taunting my char (I just wanted to check out their gear but of course it shoot my gun, duh) while waiting for dat Balloon. So, yeah, a suicide, I did not even try to fight 2 chars 11 levels over, just accepted another Teleport via Death. Then Eric's game kept breaking down so we like landed on Balmorra and talked to 2 quest-givers in a good 1 hr of playing. Plus, Imp Balmorra... eww (I am trying to get into an Imp mindset, I really am) then, this morning, I did catch the balloon after a few relog-ins, but then as the datacron came into view, I tried to jump on the bench (and WITHOUT sprint) & jumped out of the balloon. Of course. Where are those long jumps when you need them. smile.png Oh, well, I guess, I can give it another go if I have to get back to tat for the actual open world PvP or any quest.

Landed my Trooper on Alderaan, and I feel I deserve some fun play after this! Well, at least the very first mob I killed dropped a purple Reflex Armoring L27 that went to Elara right away. The advantage of playing it on a level, you can actually use the drops like that! I also took a screenie of him, while the whole zoomed out view is still possible - I think I am satisfied that this is his final look. I really like him that way. If I can manage to upload the image, I will share ('cause pictures are fun, right?)

And, the cc drop is almost here, so hurray for the 2nd Legacy Bay!

Archived