Let's talk SWtOR!

Twani

A day off sounds terrific. I know you can be too tired after a party, so please, post if you'd like to sleep on Sunday.

I think ten NPCs make sense. Heck, fifteen make sense, eight make sense - you're given lots of room for replayability. But does six work? It's naturally better than five. But it may not be enough for two different playthroughs, and the player has to cut one NPC off no matter what he/she chooses. How would I do that? "Who do I hate most?" Well, I'll probably take out a girl, because I like boys more, and they're romanceable; but what if the girl turns out a great companion like Aveline or Morrigan, but I'll never know because I skipped her and I'm not playing again? :( That's sad, I think. Then again, maybe I'm greedy: if the writer has ten different rich personalities inside him, like you do, it's so great to let them all shine. :)

I love dialogue, any new dialogue, so, yeah, I'd take a fun conversation over ten random "kisses". But sometimes flirty lines are nice, and they give immersion - when you walk near your guy, hold hands, just look at him and tell him how you feel. Um, I think. That's the strength of generic replies to me.

Ooooh, yeah, PvP has its downside. And that balloon! Took me two rides on the balloon to get two datacrons, and never again. Sages and Juggs can get you there more easily, I think. Then again, SOMEONE has to get that sage there, first, so it's still a problem.

(I think open world PvP has potential to be great when you're a 55 and in a party and full PvP, but around level 30? Ouch.)

Alderaan for the Trooper... huh, I can't recall what was there, honestly. I have a level 25 Trooper, though, so I might even get to play her a bit this weekend.

(And legacy bays are the most amazing thing ever. I even managed to get half a bay simply for passing items, and another bay for storing mats. I use two for legacy armor and weapons, and one for crafting prefabs.)

I love dialogue, any new dialogue, so, yeah, I'd take a fun conversation over ten random "kisses". But sometimes flirty lines are nice, and they give immersion - when you walk near your guy, hold hands, just look at him and tell him how you feel. Um, I think. That's the strength of generic replies to me.

That's why I am thinking to mix and match. Just throw in all sorts. Part of it could be a short "NPC waits for you to do something" where you can give PC a choice to hold hand or kiss or do nothing. But you will have only the ones that you totally want to write. Instead of having to think up those 10-15 lead ins and ye random responses to them. Dunno, just thinking outloud.

It starts off with a necessity to find out what the Next Member of Havok with a Cool Nickname I Can't Remember (Bio is going all Obsidianic here, giving chars Word-names, lol!) is doing for House Thul. That's as far as I got :)

Ah. I know what happens after Alderaan, but alas, I can't remember the planet itself. Btw, it's really a pity you can't replay Chapter 1 final quest. To me it seems like the most interesting one, with some great outcomes, and I wish I could play them all.

"Wait for PC to react" is a great idea! I just wonder if it's technically feasible - if you want to make it random(1,5), then you'll have to make like five different menus? And it will seriously add to the loading time. :(

I'd just RanNum 20 or so, with 4 or so being offers to PC to do something, and the rest - pieces of dialogues. You can overhear a whispered conversation you are not supposed to, catch a glimpse of day to day or whatever. I dunno, just something that will take the predictability out of it a little, and reduce the strain on the writer. 'Cause I still remember trying to come up with the umpteenth way to hold hands... eww.

EDIT: And funny, funny stuff above all! (But you know, I am big on funny).

EDIT 2: And, OMG, I just remembered why I had six in the IWd2 NPC - because I wanted to give an option to play a premade party, the way IWD2 had it in the options without the PC! So, Nord's Party can actually be loaded as a party of 6, and they would just banter between themselves. I knew there was a reason....

Yeah, the conquest seems seriously boring for smaller guilds. I dont really care about it. I will return to buy prefabs, if they are going to be cheaper. Because the GTN prices were really horrible. But I will play mostly for my Darth Banana. I need to relax. A sad moment happened, when last office mate left today to Brno (city). I remember it two years ago... Four young and dashing historians, ready to shine in the field of third resistance (anti-communist). Now all of us are in different institutions and our original office is occupied by another set of young historians - less dashing than we were of course.

:) Nobody can be as dashing as you are, that's the Obvious Law of Obvious! Um, I think that qualifies for all of us.

Domi, a party of no protagonists? Heh. :)

(Okay, done some screenshots, must remember to mail them to my work comp and upload - got to run to get these conquest points now!)

Okay, I am not in the best mood, but I'm going to try to just like, be chill here.

+ Asura are adorable. The guys are little gremlins, the girls are little goblins. Sort of. They're like Dragonlance Tinker Gnomes, only with more FOR SCIENCE~!

++ Asura: 'These plant people are weird. Experiments!'

++ Slyvani: 'HI.'

++ Asura: '...I think they are stupid. More experiments!'

++ Sylvani 'Um, that kind of hurts?'

++ Asura 'CLEARLY THEY HAVE NO INTELLIGENCE LET'S TRY REPEATEDLY SETTING THEM ON FIRE.'

++ Slyvani: 'Um, help?'

++ Asura: 'FIREEEEE!!!'

And giant golemns and a sort of MesoAmerican ruins sort of feel, which is actually pretty darn cool! My little Asura is a cute little redhead Elementalist all in purple who sets things ON FIRE repeatedly. I like the Norns the most (proud warrior race people with cool animal shapes!), but most of the other races are pretty cool. Actually, last night I ended up hanging up on the Charr lore forum, and ended up getting more enthralled with them. They are pretty badass, for crazy cat people that basically waged nuclear warfare on all humans.

(Who are pretty dull. And the Captain never pays attention to my cute humans because he's all about his crush on the queen. At least the female adviser seems up for a lesbian tumble. >.>)

+ The Elder Scrolls doom. I convinced my friend that before we played Oblivion, we should play Morrowind (Arena, Redguard, Daggerfall what? Never heard of you la la la!). Morrowind is one of my favorite RPGs of all time: yes, the graphics are ugly (though you can pretty them up a LOT, and there's a nice mod for exactly that purpose), but the game itself is quite interesting... and the *mods*. I play Baldur's Gate II. I play the Sims 3. Both have been heavily modded to awesome, and I could name dozens of great mods for both of them (some of you for the first by you guys, so cheers!). But Morrowind has some of my favorite mods of all time, and probably has my favorite romance mod of all time- my dear, hopeless (well, not after I get to him) Julan.

(Who inspired Altan a lot. No, Altan is not a Dark Elf who thinks he's the reincarnation of a dead man who bordered on a god, but the adorable/awkward thing was definitely 'Huh, I want to write a love interest like that!')

But now that means installing Morrowind mods and staring at them critically, after all that work in installing Oblivion mods and staring at them critically. Sigh!

(But JULAN. <3 <3 (Oh, and if you don't like Julan (or his ex girlfriend- who you can totally hook up with instead, or you can hook up with BOTH OF THEM AND HAVE THE THREESOME THAT SAVED THE WORLD because why the hell not) I know at least two other cute relationship mods by different people. Sadly, while Morrowind and Oblivion have 'virtual boyfriends', Skyrim only has a virtual 'girlfriend' (having said that, she's bi and adorable and sings to you cutely, so I'll take her if you gals don't mind >.>)).

+ IWD, ideas. (First: I don't want to step on Kuylok's toes. No toes! So. Yes. Different characters, definitely, although my thoughts of 'BE EVIL' steered me away from paladin/ranger/dr00d, obviously, so I didn't have to worry about stepping on those toes.)

++ I decided I'm not quite ready to iron out character concepts yet weee never mind.

++ Still, thinking: Blackguard, Cleric (allow mage/cleric as a pick, too, though that will be unlikely due to my non-focus on healz), Barbarian with stats to duel to cleric, Assassin with stats to duel to fighter (and wizard? Their CHA and WIS don't need to be high, so it might work), Invoker (allow regular wizard too because people like regular wizards instead of BURN EVERYTHING WEE wizards for some reason), Dark Moon Monk (because writing an actual Sharran complete with mindfucks and horribleness would be a pleasure), and probably bard. Because: bard's! (Or should they be a Dragon Disciple because: AWESOME. Hm.)

++ I could probably make more characters but someone might kill me

++ they might

++ probably my friend

++ she does not like how much time I spend on the computer :(

+ I'm like, completely on edge and angry and probably drinking too much scotch, so I'm probably not making this weekend.

+ EQ2 crafting is like the most relaxing thing ever. Zzz.

Oh, I love gnomes. I would love to play something in a kind of Renaissance setting with early firearms, rapiers and lost of fun technology, like explosives and poisons, and stuff. And lots of wit and crafty backstabbing. And gems! The entire technology running of gems! Oh, well. I think I even wanted to write something like that at some point. Heh.

As for IWD line-up, 'tis good to have 2 chars that can go cleric. Healz=important!

The movies moved Kira's party from 1st matinee to 4 pm, so I will have to supervise 6-8 yo's till 7 pm & my kiddo arriving home with the gifts and full of cake after that, so I dunno if I will be good for anything on Sunday morning after partying that hard with the Jawas. So... cancel?

Can't wait for my day off tomorrow! Fingers crossed I can fit in a flashpoint between baking and party favors. :)

Well, the second sentence sort of does describe Guild Wars 2... there are definite guns and rapiers and lost tech (although it's sort of, um, magitech?- like a lot of people hooked up to machines to power undead, or the Asura/gnome/goblin things creating big golems (and sometimes riding them)). But I love that sort of thing. Actually, I basically love magitech (which is all over my Exalted) and anything punk. Steampunk, diselpunk, Eberron's dungeonpunk- it's all good.

Hm. I could change the barbarian who could duel to cleric in to half-orc berserker/cleric without too much trouble (it doesn't alter her character much). But it just feels like in the IWD games, there should definitely be a barbarian because, well, it's set around the region with a huge amount of barbarian tribes... and also, it would be quieter, but it's hard to sell a 'half-orc female' as a main romance. People tend to like to stick to the human/elf/half-elf variety. Which, I suppose, fair enough, although it does sort of limit things.

More Morrowind mod looking up. Morrowind is the game where I really run against the mod limit... so many mods I want to install, and so little space! Thankfully, taking mods out of Morrowind isn't say, likely to cause your game to explode horribly like it does for Skyrim. Cheers to the older game, there.

If you make a portrait pretty enough, like she is a quater-orc, doubt anyone would complain if you want racial benefits. Mirialians are very pretty despite green skin. But yeah, most people seem to prefer humans.

Sorry, I am out of butter, have to run get more :( No gaming today. (Sigh).

Well my computer is going to a silicon haven it seems. It served nearly an year. Damn Acer. I will never buy that again. But even bigger obstacle for my Darth Banana is that silly Alderaan. I would like an optional Tarkin in swtor please!

But yeah, most people seem to prefer humans.

I had some thoughts about a romancable dwarf, once or twice. Then I figured I'd throw wide the options of which PC-type could romance her, polled her thoughts on fantasy-race-interbreeding, and turns out what really made her twitch were Human-Elf matches.

Compared to the elf-blood parent, any offspring gets vastly decreased lifespan, doesn't get to go to the same heaven, is unable to enter the spiritual communion so prized by pure elves... it seems irresponsible to the child. Looks aren't everything, y'know?

Archived