Let's talk SWtOR!

Twani

doing Czerka flashpoint with item rating 112/116 gear is hard, 140 barrels - wow!. I did Corporate labs. Two wipes on first boss. Healer was healing ...sometimes, not cleansing at all. I was owned like a little bitch by the second boss grenades (insta-gib at full health) two times in a row (splash damage is bigger than the red circle - run FAR away! lol). what a flashpoint, encore!!

ps.

last boss needs to be improved, he's a total pushover.

Dakk: So far so good. :)

doing Czerka flashpoint with item rating 112/116 gear is hard, 140 barrels - wow!. I did Corporate labs. Two wipes on first boss. Healer was healing ...sometimes, not cleansing at all. I was owned like a little bitch by the second boss grenades (insta-gib at full health) two times in a row (splash damage is bigger than the red circle - run FAR away! lol). what a flashpoint, encore!!

ps.

Well... In your gear its a little bit surprising, that you managed to get through. But all the problems are unnecessary, because you can just buy the 140 mods for planetary comms (makeb seller on the fleet)

So, I sheepishly admit, I haven't had any time to log in to SWTOR. Well, it isn't so much not having time as it is spending time to do something else, but...

I worry I'm not going to get around to Republic!Makeb, but I'm okay with this. I'll probably resubscribe for a month or whatever when Revan Is A Mary Sue: the Expansion comes out to play through that (sorry, I'm just not feeling it- mainly, because I just don't think Revan was *interesting*- Exile was interesting (she was the Nameless One, only with more pizzaa!), Revan is just some dude who gets talked up more and more each time to the point where I'm really just hoping he comes to an end this expansion because he's Just That Good in every story about him), but I think for now SWTOR is just... beyond me, maybe? I mean, I am a Founder, so I did play this game for a darn long while. (Remember when F2P was limited to level 15 and they couldn't use the mailbox? Yep.) So... I don't know. For now, it's just not on my mind.

I've played some Rift, some Guild Wars 2, and some EQ2. EQ2 is having their big Holloween event with all those cool house decorations, which is amusing to me. Watched over the ArchAge launch: probably the worst MMO launch I've ever seen, and I've seen a lot of them. Game is pretty horrible anyway (though if you don't mind your characters looking Asian, the character creation is quite nice). Sure is very loud in that corner in the universe, and seems to be all bad.

Not really working on modding; burned out. I've been writing, mostly. Got back in to NWoD ('new' World of Darkness- tabletop roleplaying game, similar to Dungeons and Dragons). Which means I'm writing bad vampire fanfiction, mostly. Oi vei.

Dreamed I made a Planescape related awesome NWN2 mod, but also dreamed I made an awesome RTS space simulator game (like Alpha Centuari, only... RTS). Apparently, I am cooler in my dreams then I am in real life.

@Jab: Ashara is Okay on a male protagonist, because as soon as you hit about 5000 and start Flirting, her liking for Pub Memo gifts upgrades to favored + she will take courting. A female player get the privilege of 13 affection for a gift till the end of the game. The reason I have 2 Inquisitors, lol. Thank you for the notes on playing a Shadow Tank! I am not decided yet if I want to play my last character as a Shadow Tank or a DPS. Hopefully Disciplines will help with the choice! And, looking good in that armor! Fingers crossed on the computer stuff.

@Twani - rest and recharge, girl! I feel the same way about the SoR, but there is so much COOL stuff that comes with it, I am sold on staying subbed for another year, I think.

Okay, tons of updates after the long weekend. Enjoying the game more than ever. I am starting to feel like I am getting to the average level here, so branching out a little and feeling comfortable. :)

Finished Balmorra with my husband's BH, my Sorc, and we did a run of a Hammer station (yay!) Very powerful combo. He is playing a Powertech, I - a Madness Sorc. Took the Sorc to the wzs on L24. Never had that much fun in a Huttball before! But in the 8x8, still not yet grasping that I am a DPS, not healz, was healing too much, and seeing my healz are super-crappy, I under-DPS'd. LoS breaking after a Tank is the "oh, yeah.... dart!" kindda proposition.

My main - boy, I love playing the Vanguard. He is now L35, just re-equipped him once more. Did Taral V, and a KYD, could not pug for another Taral, because the local connection was really bad yesterday (it was a holiday in Canada). Story-wise, I am losing planetary Balmorra due to over-leveling, which makes me wanna weep! Already hate Tanno Vik with a passion. The 1000 kills on the scum will be one of those challenging things. Lara's romance actually started off not badly. Much less awkward than Quinn's. I am not doing a dialogue dump this time, doing 1 dialogue after a planet kindda deal. That customization from the Nar-Shaddaa event helps a great deal, as she looks wonderful. Except, since I gave the equipment to Aric, she shows up in the cutscenes in the gym-look of a sport's bra and panties. It was particularly jarring during the promotion cutscene. I gotta remember to throw on some spare oranges on her. And Aric is a sour cat. Can't believe he is a romance. He basically demanded a promotion from me! What an idiot. I did not like Jonas, tbh. He is just too bland and generic. And a human. :( Overall, really, really love the character and the role. Surprisingly.

Actually, like tanking so much, tempted to make my Guardian a tank... I have broken down, bought extra cartel coins, picked a server slot on 10% off sale and created a placehonder Guardian to keep Tredici name booked up for when the Togruta comes out. For now it is a honey-blond Miraluka male with a shadow of beard (I really like it on the NPCs).

Has anyone else noticed that 3 of the romantic interests for the male PC end up in '-ra' and all of them have 1/2 affection gift liking for a female PC? I am starting to refer to them as 'ra' squad.

Well Guardian/Juggernaut is the best tank powerwise and the worst tank gameplaywise. With a Vanguard your basic attack has 30m range, Sith Assassin can boost up his lightnings to 30m range and he can also boost up his speed to cover that distance rapidly. But Jugg... His attacks have all 4m range and the gameplay is frustrating. Dont get me wrong though, as a tank he is more than capable. He has the best AoE taunt (centered around him and not the target), so he generally has a good control of the battlefield. And with his numerous cc abilities, heavy armor and jump to save a friend ability, he really is the best tank around. Still he has no force pull/harpoon and with his pathetic range you run all the time in fights like an idiot. I will sacrifice anytime his slightly more powerful tanking for the speed and versatility, that Vanguard and Sith Assassin provide.

Btw Aric is that kind of a serious guy and a workaholic who is following his straight moral guidelines. He is, in fact, Jaheira. But I liked her character and so I like Aric as well. Both of them are loyal companions and they kind of have issues, you could relate to.

I dunno, Aric supports a lot of DS short-sighted shortcuts, and he comes across as defeated by life and bitter. I still haven't met one male NPC in the game that is better match for my digital love-life tastes than Zenith.

I know I will play a Guardian, but I am not sure yet if it is going to be a DPS or a tank version. I should do DPS, really, since Juggernaut is tanking. I also can't decide on race and gender! I initially though male PB Sith, but now with Togruta rumors, I want to try a Togruta, and probably a female.... unless I do end up playing that Shadow after all. She can be a Togruta not a Twilek. Zenith will still hide his feelings for her, lol! Of course the game will be flooded with Togrutas. (Sigh).

I like the relationship Aric has with my Trooper. In which they're both For the Republic, let the ideal rest in the citizens while we do the heavy (and sometimes DS) stuff. He's sharp with the PC, yeah, but she can be pretty darn sharp with him and he's usually okay with it (though he's not a big fan of snark). There's a Japanese archtype (common in anime/manga) called the tsundere (TV trope has a good read out on it): he's a more realistic example then generic anime girl who punches generic anime guy through walls (I hate that presentation), but he fits. Hot, cold, hot, cold. He's suddenly defensive of the female trooper, yet if called on it he's like NO I WASN'T :| and it's back and forth and it's sometimes cute, sometimes frustrating (Viconia is another example of the archtype, a bit more typical- if you ever read crappy fantasy books by David Eddings, Ce'Nedra is like the most tsundere character ever made outside of Japan). Do I really like Aric himself? Well, compared to my ship... Elara is nice as a career woman who doesn't fall in to a typical romance archtype as a female, until you play a male and she totally does (sigh, Elara). Yunn is more boring then Stupid Smuggler Wookie and Stupid Councilor Trandoshian combined. And Tanno Vik has a sort of DS charm, but he is mostly slimy. So that means I like the robot the most. Sadly, dating the robot would be pretty far out there. So, besides the robot, I suppose Aric is pretty cool. I guess? I don't know. I like Vector, I like Andry, I sometimes like Quinn, and I guess I sometimes like Aric. Corso can go die, still.

In other news, DRAGON AGE KEEP. (that can't find any of my DA1 characters so I had to remake them, sigh. Still. GOT IT! More people are getting in every day, so check your mail!)

They're really going to make another race? Bioware has been all 'the Cathar were so haaarrrrrddd, whineeeee' that I thought they'd never do it.

Am I a horrible person for hoping Satele Shan like, falls because crazy great-whatever-grandfather, missing son, blah blah, Revan BRAINWASH and we get to kill her? I will totally resubscribe if I get to kill her. Sorry, not even being voiced by Hale can save her. >.>

In other news, DRAGON AGE KEEP. (that can't find any of my DA1 characters so I had to remake them, sigh. Still. GOT IT! More people are getting in every day, so check your mail!)

A friend of mine just got a copy of DA1 (they've been distributing it free, lately, presumably as advertising for KEEP) and the first thing I hear from him is - There's plot! And character! And so much stuff in the setting!!! Must. Keep. Playing! From peeking over his shoulder, I can quite see why. Love the voice-acting, too. Will arrange a timeshare deal with his computer when he's done, I think.

Yeah, Dragon Age: Origins was free till October 14th. I meant to post about it, but sadly forgot.

(You really need Awakenings, anyway, and I'd argue the Stone Prisoner. Which weren't included. Though I like most of the DLC, save for the ones that don't play as the Warden.)

It does have a very good and enthralling plot, if a bit of a formalic 'save the world' sort of deal. Still, the characters- I think- make it worth it. And so many origins!

Right now I've hooked up my Mostly Nice Cousland (...Connor) with my Totes Nice Mage Hawk, and my 'mostly nice, but kind of selfish' Dalish dude with my AGGRESSIVE GRR MALE WARRIOR HAWKE. Now my Crazy Evil Mage with Effortlessly Sarcastic... Mage/Rogue? Hawke.

I gotta tell you, Tanno Vik is good for one thing... I am starting to feel I like Aric in comparison :) An amusing banter with Aric. Kindda 'Really, Sir, do we have to take this load of bull?!" "Aric, when we get our hand on the miscreant, we'll beat the sh** outta him!"

Dakk: So far so good. :)

ps.

Well... In your gear its a little bit surprising, that you managed to get through. But all the problems are unnecessary, because you can just buy the 140 mods for planetary comms (makeb seller on the fleet)

hehe...no. planetary comms are for Treek's gear and also for Caldera dude, I suddenly decided that I like him. my gear is 162/168 right now, almost all looted form hard flashpoit bosses, offhand blaster and cubes for comms. only main hand barrel is a puny 156 - I was about to spend that 1 mln creds on 180 barrel but ended up buying concealed bodysuit pants for 670k, lol.

Ha-ha, I am starting to check the GTN for 180 Reflex barrel for Treek's Legacy Bowcaster. We have been doing endless bounties this week, so I can now buy 2 more bowcasters for Treek. First is a floater on the rotating legacy level, second for the L50 treek with 140 mods, and the 3rd - for L55 Treek (180 barrel and 156 mods/enh). We've finally unlocked all the Kingpins, and after tonight we'd have frozen (hopefully) all but 1 Kingpins (one I accidently Took Down, so it was a kill instead) and next month if we are lucky we should have the entire BH event to 100% (would be nice!). Hubby still needs to come with me to Hutta to freeze the boss (he did that pin on his own at some point).

Our most werid kingpin run was for Tattoine. We thought we could unlock Nar Shaddaa and Tattoine on our L26 pair of a PT BH and Mad Sorc (a sweet, sweet combo!), but we couldn't so we went with two L23 Snipers. My Dusk-Fell and his Bondoco. he had Kalyio, I had Treek in L21 gear in healing stance. We couldn't touch anything on Tat, of course, on L23, but the Kingpin went down relatively smoothly - that's where I Took Down accidently, was too nervous going in underlevelled. It was actually a workable set up, but Kalyio did not tank the boss properly. I am starting to dislike the companions tanks more and more, tbh. I much prefer when one of us tanks, even with a DPS AC.

Well Anomen at least had a personality (though a very annoying one). Quinn is a robot. :-P Btw I took a break from swtor. I tried Dragon Age. Its ok so far (Im in the mage tower). But its nowhere near the IE games (or KotOR or VtM:Bloodlines or first Fallout or even Jade Empire). Its mostly battles and pretty straightforward gameplay and relatively small maps. NPCs are not great either (classic recycled Bioware stuff). Though Alistair is ok with his sarcasm and irony. It certainly has a better engine than NWN2 and battles are also more... fluid. But for the main storyline, NPCs etc. I would still vote for NWN2. That game was really a pleasant surprise.

I have already parted with Mass Effect. That game is best to watch on youtube (all the dialogues and important decisions), but the actual gameplay is just boring.

P. S. I forgot Might and Magic 7. One of the few "dungeons" which I really liked. And I played most of the old classics like Dungeon Master, Ishar, Eye of the Beholder etc. Grab it on GoG. :)

Archived