Let's talk SWtOR!

Twani

FML, I can't even play DA: I, my computer is a dual-core, which doesn't reach even reach minimum requirements, or at least when I try to play I get I see the EA/Bioware Logo, and then the load screen, followed by the Black Screen of forever loading. This technical issue is also happening on computers with Quad Cores and 8 cores. Also, apparently, the game that DA: I shares its engine with, Battlefield 4, can play on dual-cores.

Then, there's the last-gen consoles, DA: I looks absolutely horrid on those.

Oh, and the only solution for the dual-core people that EA is giving out is "Refund and gtfo, or upgrade your computer! Lolololololol!1!1!1!"

However, I won't be getting a refund, because I'll have to upgrade my computer sometime. :p

Oh well, at least I can play WoW, and SWTOR, even IWD:EE.

Well, in their defense, they did have the minimum requirements out for a while... we've known it'll be quad core for a month or two now.

I can still sympathize, though. I have the build to play on Ultra, but I have the DirectX issue. I just downloaded the new beta drivers for my graphics card, so let's see if it'll work... because right now I have to play on low (SHINY HAIR EVERYWHEREEEE), and I still get crashes during long scenes of just cutscenes. I'm sort of frusterated with this, but as the only thing that looks really bad is the hair (which is mind boggingly awful), I've still put 40 hours in to the game.

And... wow.

Reminds me of the old days of EQ1. 'Someone wanted bears killed! Clearly, you should go and kill three bears now, too!' This isn't even the more recent MMO's- SWTOR, ESO- this is old school EQ, EQ2, WOW type questing. Yet it's oddly engaging.

I like watching the tarot cards change as you influence your friends. Most have changed positively; Cole now looks positively angelic, not sure what card he's representing, but definitely not the moon anymore. Iron Bull has this horrible card of slaughter, though. Whoops. Think I made friends with Sera (definitely- we're like besties, though I never take her anywhere, because she agrees with every major decision I make), Varric (who I'm keeping close to me this playthrough as, well, I'm not sure he's going to be around in many other ones >.>), Iron Bull, Cassandra (who I adore so much), Dorian (who I also adore), and... well, I have some influence with Cole? Solas and I were getting along swimmingly, until I decided I liked the Wardens (he doesn't). Still my romance interest, so we'll see where that goes (though I'm falling out of interest with him, in a way; he spends half his time insulting the Dalish, which, no, I am Dalish and We Are The People and We Are Awesome, boy). Blackwall... was in serious running for a romance interest. Now I'm glad I didn't go that way. As for Viv, I barely talk to her.

Trying to use blood magic to turn your gay kid straight is one of the creeper things in this setting to me, because of so many parents who *would* try that in the world if they had the option. Brr.

Also, I'm in love with Cass and Dorian. Choosing who to go with on my male play through (next) is going to be hard. I also adore Josie so much. Cullen's cool, too, I guess.

...May post real spoilers later. But right now... having a lot of fun with this game. <3

I got DA: I to work on my mom's laptop, I think it barely passes min requirements though. Hah.

Update on the dual-core situation: The game can be played on dual-core CPUs, and apparently there's a dual-core CPU that is playing DA: I on ultra. Also, apparently there was a survey done, and apparently 50% of PC gamers still use a dual-core CPU. So, yeah, quad-core CPU min requirement seems to be a bunch of nonsense right now in a lot of ways. Even in a marketing and PR way.

Black Screen of Death Update: Apparently, every platform is getting this issue.

Another issue is the PC controls. I don't even want to get into details with that.

The hilarious thing is that both elven LIs seem to not like the Dalish. Its kind of funny.

I'm going to refrain from spoilers for now though. Heh.

DA:I is a next gen console game, with emphasis on next gen. Do not buy this game on PS3 and/or Xbox360. DA:I is more like Game Refound:Freezing on PS3. Why this game was even released on PS3/X360 is beyond me - SHOULD NOT BE RELEASED at all. what a fucking scam! daylight robbery! I'm not even exaggerating.

I'm playing this on PS4 and it's great. Fantastic really. 8.5/10

Dunno about PC but .... you can run DAI (for a moment at least, usually 2 or 3 hours before the first crash/freeze) on a PS3 (2,7 - 3GHz processor) but you can't run it on core 2 duo 3,0GHz?????????? WHAT DA FUUU...?? LOOOOOOOOOL what is this sorcery??? in general on the computer/console games territory it's probably the dumbest shit I've ever heard.

also all the hate and bullshit spewing on this game by haters. F.C.U.K.THE.HATERS. thats all.

Drivers didn't do a thing. Sick of these errors. I am running on medium now, but seriously, my computer should be doing the highest settings. So mad. :( I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling everything... SIGH.

So, thoughts after finishing the game:

(Seriously, finishing it. I had two side quests undone- some cave in the Forbidden Oasis (that I didn't bother with as I was 21 when I first wandered in to the zone and it's like, level 15) and finding some letter for Gaspad's side (as I had already given up on the civil war long since). I COLLECTED ALL THOSE SHARDS. I MADE ALL THOSE PRETTY STAR CHARTS. I KILLED ALL THOSE EFFEN DRAGONS. (I didn't complete all the mosaics, but, okay, I needed something to do next game.))

++ This would be a hard game to solo. Used to be in DA/2 just take a rogue, solo everything. Because bashing and energizing is also part of the game, though, you wouldn't be able to get total completion, which would bug me.

++ Needing to take four of Leianna's mostly useless skills (seriously, don't take the forward scouts/find landmarks one, all it does is point out logging stands and quarries, like, there are five gazillion of those) to unlock fancy doors bums me out. In other uselessness, Josie's connections ones that claim you'll get special offers and then the other that is special inventory were also dirty lies, from what I could see- I got nothing from them.

++ I can't figure out which is the best warrior spec (I don't even think I really even looked at the Reaver tree), but there's no question when it comes to mage and rogue. Rogue's Tempest's focus ability is *incredible*; you'll only use it on giants and dragons, sure (okay, and maybe bears), but THEY WILL DIE. On the other side, forget focus for Knight-Enchanter... all you need is Spirit Blade, which can be spammed non-stop with very little cooldown and no mana cost (you just need to be up close, but, well, you do have barrier, don't you?). I critted *9000* damage with it on an enemy that wasn't weak to spirit. That's in one hit! Incredible. Usually, you're only doing from 700 to 3000 (at max), but that's still far more then any of my other mage spells could hit for- even my rift mark. The one and only heal in the game doesn't hurt, but... wow. Spirit Blade. (This also makes Sera and Viv the most powerful members of your little crew. Also, probably the most annoying.)

++ The tarot card's are *fascinating*, and so fit their characters. Blackwall going from Justice to Judgement, or Solas from the Hermit to the Heriophant. I wish I could get a scan of all of them... agh, should have bought the Inquisitior's edition just for that!

++ Kind of annoyed at all the 'bi people end up in straight relationships' in Dragon Age games... Lei and Alistair in DC, Zev and Isabella, Isabella and Fenris, now Josie if you don't romance her. :( Props, though, on an excellent trans character after the mess in DA2; Krem is great. (Wait, I may have found something to completely disregard that. Ooo...)

++ I would have preferred more of an epilogue in Origins and Awakenings style. There's only four slides, really (maybe Claudia Black's beautiful voice costs too much?), and... boo. I wanted more information on what happens to everyone.

++ There are some real creeps on the DA forums. "Cassandra isn't attractive to me." That's okay. Most of the characters aren't attractive to me (out of IB, BW, Sol, and Cullen, only the last is what I think you could call conventionally attractive). "Cassandra is horrible and looks like a man and is gross and girls liking her just means she's really gross"... no. Couple that with the 'Josie romance sucks because she won't sleep with me' and 'A relationship without sex isn't a relationship' and ew, ew, ew, ew, ew.

++ I went from hard to casual and back and forth while playing (and some rare time on normal). (Casual mainly for the time I fell on top of a dragon (literally) after just killing another dragon but didn't want to restart) I know what they meant to do, but PC controls are awkward: the tactical camera in paticular doesn't scroll back far enough, and no click to move or automatic autoattack is still annoying (as is the limitation on eight skills). The game does feel very console porty, and I don't really like it: I keep thinking it would play better with a controller, but I've never done that before (though DCO made it tempting). I hope they do fix some of these PC issues; mainly the controls. Also, having an 'auto autoattack' button would be looooovely.

++ One thing about this game: it was good enough to make me do a 'zomg, I want to play it again'. Human male rogue this time, carrying around Cass and Dorian. I recommend doing that: as interesting as a female elf mage was, I would not play the same class as my intended LI again. With a rogue, Cass, and Dorian, it means I'll be able to totally switch around my fourth party member for fun, quests, and banter.

++ On that note, there is some bug in which Solas and Varric's banter repeats constantly. (Weirdly, only their banter: not theirs with Blackwall or Cass.) I heard the 'SO YOU FOUGHT THE BAD GUY BEFORE VARRIC', 'HAI CHUCKLES WINTER COURT LOLZ', and 'VARRIC I THINK GRAY WARDENS SUCK' around ten/twenty times each. Was ready to smother them both.

++ ...Despite it all, I'd rate it... 8/10, I think? Good game. Would be better without the graphic problems and crashes.

++ Oh, but you have to play DA2's DLC Legacy to get this game. Hafta.

++ (No one with a fear of spiders should play this game. They don't overwhelm, but there is a giant one. They named him Blinky on the boards.)

Oh, spoilers.

Next time I romance Solas, Morg is drinking that well. Being bound to have to obey your boyfriend for the rest of your life would be horrifying, and Solas has already proven himself prone to some ugly actions and manipulation (he let Corphy have the orb to awaken it? yeahhhh...). Creepy. Very creepy.

At the same time, weirdness. While at the well, Morg is like 'LET ME DRINK'. I'm like, okay 'Ask opinions'. Varric: 'This is weird shit.' (Thanks, Varric.) Blackwall: 'I trust you more then her.' Solas: 'I agree someone needs to drink it, but it shouldn't be her.' Well, you refused when I offered, so okay, I'll drink. Next at Skyhold: 'AGH I TOLD YOU NOT TO DRINK AGH'. Um, what? No you didn't. LIAR.

Blackwall also mentioned the Forbidden Oasis's desert temple long before I went to the desert temple while I was picking up shards. Weird.

Seeing Alistair yelling at Fiona for being a moron while she made sad faces made a lot of things worth it, including king'ing him. Heh.

I liked the Chargers (and their own random singalong) enough that I totally had Iron Bull save them rather then let them die. I think that's going to be my hardest decision to change, actually: they just felt like people, and you go in and get missions from Khem all the time, so you get to know at least him. But... Qunari alliance! Woo!

You know, straight guys are whining about their romance, so I suppose I shouldn't complain, but... Solas is manipulating you, the cause of the whole mess, and walks out on you. Blackwall is a liar, murderer, and has the nerve to do the 'have sex with you then leave a note that he can't do it running out on you while your naked' routine. Iron Bull is commitment phobic and seriously uses the 'ride the bull' line (ugghhh). Sera is a headache and a half, whining at you if you're too elfy, too magey, too humany, or too anything but crazy. Dorian is basically 'I am a gay male from a controlling intolerant Christian family' cliche in fantasy setting which is like, 'I see this every day, make it go away' (plus, the local cleric who was totally alright up to that point hates his guts, which just came out of nowhere, considering how accepting she was before hand). At least Cullen is only an, er, recovering drug addict? (Beat.) On the other side, Josie and Cassandra both seem pretty lovely, so they'll do.

The area that gave me the most dvxcrashes: 'Collapse. Cullen and Cassandra. Wake up to arguing! Discussion about faith. RANDOM SING ALONG. Discussion about elfyness and hope from Solas. Explore the north! Crowds everywhere. Dramatic whispering, take sword, dramatic speech. Bickering in the entrance hall!' FINALLY, save point. Geez! I had to desperately exit through a bunch of those scenes trying to get to a point where I could save. (Morg messing with the Eluvian and Corphy finally dying also liked to crash.)

My character looked so weird when I chose to have her tattoos taken away.

Also... my Dalish Mage was the First of her Clan. She would have been taught elven history. She would have been taught the elven language. She should not be asking 'Who is Mythal?' (especially as I think Mythal was tattooed on her freakin' face). And, more importantly, in the Fade- the 'Nightmare' calls Solas Dread Wolf. SHE SHOULD HAVE ASKED HIM ABOUT THAT. (Likewise, if you walk around with Solas and Sera, he talks to her in elven constantly, but it's never translated for you even though your character should know it.)

(Yet your character, from the ruins in the Hissing Waste, can apparently understand ancient dwarven tongue? Whaaat.)

Okay, time to make a human. I wonder if I can make him halfway handsome. >.>

EDIT: Human is not very handsome. Looked okay in the fade, looks horrid out of it, but has this sort of awkwardly charming sort of pale skin, green eyes, red hair thing going on (that's what my mum looks like, so it's cool, right?). He's from the town next over from Starkhaven, I figure. If they can be Scottish, he can be Irish, right? But he has this really pale skin. Oh well.

I am going to take every flirt option available to me with him anyway, totes. Save for Iron Bull, as I hear his romance locks in early. >.> Think I'm going to save him for a dwarfette, for the lolz.

Also, I forgot to mention, Varric is really bitter about Blondie. Don't get him started there.

ok

so I recruited that Blackball dude aka the Max Payne Warden. he's using the "f" word. I had a good laugh. but why oh why he's sowrd and shield? why not two uzis and bulletime? ;FF

There are some real creeps on the DA forums. "Cassandra isn't attractive to me." That's okay. Most of the characters aren't attractive to me (out of IB, BW, Sol, and Cullen, only the last is what I think you could call conventionally attractive). "Cassandra is horrible and looks like a man and is gross and girls liking her just means she's really gross"... no. Couple that with the 'Josie romance sucks because she won't sleep with me' and 'A relationship without sex isn't a relationship' and ew, ew, ew, ew, ew.

yeah, pretty sure skyrim barbie doll fanboys. theres only one way to drag them out their mommas basement - tossing a grenade inside.

also vidya game is a serious bisness oh yeah relationship without sex is not relationship in a vidya game hajhahha ...my sides.....

I'm no where near finishing DA: I. I'm still trying to recruit people before I head off to Redcliffe or go find the Templars.

As for the bi people end up in a straight relationship thing...I don't count Leliana x Alistair, because the DLC itself is considered as either AU or non-canon. Zev and Isabela have a history, like, Zev killed her hubby and she ended up with his ship, or it could be a bunch of bullcrap that she just tells, of course they never truly end up together. They just seem to have a purely sexual relationship going there. Isabela and Fenris, I'll admit it, I hate the crap out of this couple. Their relationship, like her relationship with Zev, seems to be purely physical. However, the issue with both relationships is Isabela. She lies about her past constantly, in fact, she was once a slaver. She even sunk a ship full of slaves. Of course, that detail was written in AFTER Dragon Age 2.

Spoilers for the previous part.

Iron bull, if you consider him bi, gets into a relationship with Dorian if neither are romanced by the Inquisitor.

Now First Impressions on the Companions that I've gotten.

Cassandra: I like her. She isn't close minded. As I've said in previous posts either here or else where 10/10, would tap and would would touch butt if she were interested in females.

Varric: He's Varric, he's a little bit more serious about the situation.

Solas: I like him too, he hasn't come off as a jerk like other people seem to have him doing.

Blackwall: He made me laugh just by using the "f-word".

Iron Bull: I feel like he's Dragon Age's attempt at a pansexual James Vega. It doesn't help that they're both voiced by Freddie Prinze Jr.

Now, as for male Humans. Try to make him look like Michael Fassbender. Since apparently everyone wants to make their human males look like Michael Fassbender. In the thread "Post pictures of your inquisitor here" or something like that, I've seen like at least one person try to make Michael Fassbender, but ended up making a Michael Fassbender/Troy Baker mix. I'll admit. I lol'd.

Oh, I've started a new City Elf Female. She's warrior that dual-wields. Her name...Selinene Tabris! Should post pictures, maybe I'll do it later.

I like Isabella in DAII well enough. I know quite a few people dislike her, but just: a woman, upfront about her sexuality, who is able to ignore slut shaming and doesn't need 'fixed by a good man' is sort of refreshing, as usually the story for those woman is 'Oh, they are so upfront and hot, but once they meet Hot Stud Hero, they will settle down and become chaste and beloved only to him!' Nah, Isabella still runs off with Zev if you're romancing her, and is totally okay with sharing with Talis if it comes down to it. She's not changed.

(Also, the main thing: I think her development of a friendship with Aveline is one of the best written companion relationships in the game. Aveline starts off dismissing her as a slut, Isabella starts out dismissing her as a no fun jackass, and they bicker and argue and then by Act III are basically besties and just tease each other. It's one of the best 'female friendship' arcs Bioware has ever done (remember the days of Aerie turning totally rabid over a guy she barely knew and screeching about Jaheira's dead husband? Yeah, owch.), and it's probably the main reason I like Isabella, because she's part of that.)

Heh, my human male is nowhere good enough to look like someone famous. I also realize I chose the thinnest face for him, as it looked okay in the fade, and now he has this sarved wide eyed look with him. I'm going with it, though; he totally believes He Is The Herald of Andraste (unlike my Dalish, who was like 'I AM NOT CHOSEN' everytime they brought it up) and is kind of crazy.

Having some fun with him. Flirting with everyone: Cullen's first flirt is the same if you're male or female, which leads to the awkward pause where I imagine Cullen is doing a 'Wait, is he flirting with me? Did I just kind of flirt back? Oh, Maker...' (he gets the picture in the next flirt). Sera basically just laughed me out of the tavern. Cassandra liked my first flirt, is giving me skeptical looks for the second. And Viv is just all 'Aren't you cute, but, ahahah, a thousand times no'. So, in other words, no luck.

Told Blackwall in my first conversation I liked people worshipping me. DISAPPROVAL HIT. Major disapproval. I had a 'What is wrong with you?' option in which he is like 'I DON'T LIKE YOU'. Ask him about the Inqusition, and he's like 'THEIR LEADERSHIP SUCKS' (I'm not even leading yet!). Ask him about the advisors, he won't talk about them behind their back, ask him about your friends, he says it's none of your business. Ask him about himself, and he says he won't talk with a stranger. Ha! I'm almost tempted to ignore the 'find the warden items' as they give approval and just keep pissing him off and eventually seeing if I can murderknife him. I have to be able to murderknife someone in this game, right? >.>

Decided against going with Dorian, as it makes sense for the human noble to be a circle lover as the family is so tied to the chantry- so going with Madame de Fer as my mage, and probably going to just romance Cassandra. Josie and my Inqusitor are going to be BFF's forever, though. My previous character was all 'DIPLOMATIC GET ALONG WITH EVERYONE NO ONE IS ALLOWED TO DIE'. This one is like 'Haven is a dump' and Josie is like 'OMFG I KNOW RITE I HATE IT' and I just laughed.

As for Solas, it's almost too easy to gain approval with him (must be nicer to Grey Wardens!), just by asking questions. Apparently if you bottom out approval, though, you get to punch him in the face when he's mouthing off at you (which he does often- if you're a human romancing Sera, he's a total jerkface to you, grr). Next character! (A Qunari, I think. She will rule the world.)

Also... I hate to admit this, because it's going to take away my gamer cred, I know it: but melee rogue? HARD. Without a barrier or guard, I am losing health constantly at these early levels without Cassandra having a huge taunt. I am seriously considering respeccing entirely to archer, as the gameplay would be so much easier. Having to say, run up to random ram's to kill them for their meat is annoying... I keep switching over to Viv to kill things because it's just so much easier to fight with her. Argh. I always liked dual wielding, too.

Now off to save the templars. Cole! He is adorably weird! <3

Well, at least there's a reason why I can like DA: I! The companions don't instantly love you! Hah

Yeah, I heard that Melee Rogue is really hard to do. Archer rogue isn't nearly as bad, because we can stand in the back with the mage. . . . If they aren't running into Melee range for the lulz of it. Bioware, plz explain why my ranged companions want to move into melee range? Speaking of ranged, I miss the murder knife coming out to play whenever enemies got into melee range. It was one of the many things in DA2 that I thought was cool.

I'm going to make a list of issues I have with DA: I so far.

- No healing spells for mages.

- Eight potions is not nearly enough.

- Eight ability slots.

- Ranged peoples running into Melee range for no apparent reason.

- The lack of tactics a la DA: O, and DA2.

- PC controls.

Yeah. I think thats it for that.

Heres Selinene, and I should probably post a picture of Kythran Mahariel.

SelineneTabris_zps300dc5ab.jpg

KythranMahariel_zpsf7291530.jpg

Well, the knight-enchanter should be running in to melee range, because: SPIRIT BLADE (best thing ever!). Everyone else, though, yeah, they're idiots. As I said, I did Blackwall, Solas, Varric, and my Dalish mage for my first game. Blackwall and my character: running up to dragon's making their best mean face. Solas and Varric: morons, also running up to dragons making their best mean face. Sigh. At least that meant Solas's barrier usually caught all of us...

(Viv has been pretty good at staying out of range, but I want her in range spirit swording everything! Argh!)

Unfortunately, allowing the templar's to ally with us raised Blackwall's affection so now he wants to be my friend. Bah. And giving him warden stuff makes him happy, double bah. Oh the other hand, it pissed Solas off... but then, my two 'Hey, jerk' options (you can accuse him of abandoning the elves and of only caring about the fade with low affection) actually raised his affections as I challenged him. He even thanked me when I told him bluntly to change! I was trying to piss him off, dang it!

On the other hand, it also pissed off Sera, and I'm not gaining any points with her. I think I'll continue pissing her off.

I've heard rumors of Cassandra getting wildly drunk if you push her disapproval too far (Cass loves me, though, but I skipped one flirt- hoping I still get her, flirting with Dorian in the background just in case), Cole walking out on you (in the most Cole way possible), and Viv basically completely insulting your sense, fashion, taste, and being. I need to learn to piss people off better...

While I think saving the Mages makes for a better 'story' overall, I really did like the Templar plot. Cole is adorably strange, the poor templar you wander around with was awesome, and a completely unique boss never used elsewhere in the game (as far as I saw) rather then just 'Angry Magister'. Much tougher battles then the Mage path, though.

(Also, you get to kill someone I wanted to kill. No fanfare, but it was worth it.)

You don't get Cullen's personal quest if you do it this way, though. Strange. And tons of different wartable options... it's interesting. If I wanted to romance Cullen or Dorian, I'd definitely do the Mages, but the Templar path certainly seems to impress Cass.

ALSO. I just got my rogue specialization trainers to show up. Blah blah, artificer, useless, not doing that (sorry, Varric, my dear), yeah, yeah, Tempest, HIDDEN KNIVES WOO give me the recipe already... then I talk to the assassin trainer, as hey, I'll get one power for putting together these items. And what does she want me to craft?

THE MURDER KNIFE.

I may go assassin just for that. Herald of Andraste, wielder of the murder knife. Also, Cole's totally my Inquisitors adopted little crazy brother, so WHY NOT.

Ehehehehehehe.

Right, time to get killed by more bears. Freakin bears.

(ALSO. Knight-Enchanter? Wants to find wisp essences. These are very rare drops from regular wraiths, and supposedly there are three spirits in the Fallow Mire who drop it always, but I sure didn't find them. I was around level 17 before I finally got my specialization (you can pick it up at 10). In this game? In the freakin' tutorial area, the first rift you fight (when you've just met Solas and Varric)... a wraith dropped a wisp essence. FML.)

Debating using an injector with a dual-core fix, but then the issue would be if my graphics card can take it. I really doubt it could, but then again, it can play Skyrim, Dragon Age: Origins, and Dragon Age 2 on High. Hmm, might just wait to get a new computer too.

Oh, and Origin update apparently broke Inquisition on my mom's laptop. fml.

Hmm, I may have to make a elven mage just to romance Solas with. First, need to get the proper world state for that going. First Archer/Same Sex Relationship Trifecta.

Hm... as for the laptop, I heard people for who Origins broke their DA:I game, they had some some luck clicking on it, going to game properties, and clicking disable origin in this game. It'll mean you don't get achievements and you'll have to set things in the keep when dragon age 4 inevitably comes along, but small price for making it work, I figure.

(I'd try the injector, too, but I'd be desperate to play. This game is fun!)

I'd say Dalish elf rogue/warrior romancing Solas for first play (although you already got a bit spoiled, I think), and then try human noble mage (maybe male romancing Cass?) for a second play, as Solas and Cass seem to be the 'main' characters (IE, the Morrigan/Alistair of the game... though cooler then the last, at least (I kid, Ali, I still love you... some days.)). Then go all out with weird combinations (my third character will be a Qunari Mage who goes out of her way to piss off Cassandra and Vivenne, at least, and is totally Sera's crazy girlfriend (as if you are dating Sara, you are probably bugfuck nuts just like her, ahem)). Dwarves don't get a lot in this game, I think, although having Varric when you're investing the Paragon stuff in the Hissing Wastes (high level zone!) has some interesting conversation.

Oh, and note on a big bug. The default voices for the character- British for human and elves, American for dwarves and qunari- will get set if you choose to customize the champion of DAII. So if you chose the opposite voice, go with default Hawke. If you chose the default, then choose whatever.

Also, if you're playing a male character, it seems flipping back and forth a few times between male and female at character select *may* help prevent a bug where the game thinks your guy is a gal.

So, after checking the forums about the "injector" method, it may not be the best of choices. Sure, gets past the black screen of doom, but fps goes down to 0. So, I'll probably try the "disable origin" trick for the laptop. Sure, I have to play at horrible resolution quality, but it runs smoothly when the resolution is set at like 25.

Initially I was going to play a Male Elf Archer that romances Cassandra, but then Solas was announced as romancible and decided to be a female archer instead. Then, I realized that if I go with Sera, I would get my nice trifecta, and I figured it would be kind of cool to romance Solas as a female mage later on. So, yeah, first playthrough is going to be Sera.

Also, one thing that I find cool is that we get to meet...Bianca. :D

As for those two bugs. They're irritating.

However, I think I may just wait for a patch, and getting a new computer. So, if that means waiting until February of next year, then sooo be it. I'm more in the mood to play Selinene Tabris, anyway. Her Hawke counter part might actually be a male Hawke. :O

Sera is such a difficult girl (with her very own tavern song that I think uses those words, hm). She is so much easier to romance as a non-elf (non-human and non-mage also helps). And she's very... Sera. I would throw a few flirts at Josie/Solas/ANYONE just in case, as she is easily the most love-or-hate companion in game by far (even more so then the companion who thinks all mages belong in the circles with her massive privilege, sigh, Viv). I hated her at first, but sort of did an 'oh, fine' and gave her an apology at a critical point- and all of a sudden we became BFF's. (Yeah.) And... there are some definite issues in her past, she has a vulnerable side, and she can be adorable. But at the same, she is incredibly rude, sometimes cruel, and ridiculously crazy. Like, 'I have no idea what you are saying' crazy.

Found another bug: choosing increased search range from Leianna's perk's causes a Varric war table mission to become permanently uncompletable. Darn it. Oh well. I've pretty much pissed off Varric pretty bad by siding with Cassandra all the time.

(Hindsight: Varric easier to gain affection with if you side with Mages, Iron Bull with Templars.)

I think I am in love with Cole. Not romantic love, considering he's, well, definitely a kid in mindset, but in the 'I want to make him my little brother and let no harm come to him ever and make his confusing life sunshine and rainbows'. Considering my main character is a (useless) dual-wielding rogue, he's utterly redundant, but... I adore him. Seriously.

(Also, I find him and Viv hysterical. Viv wants him gone, and Cole just... doesn't get it. He starts randomly talking about how cute nugs are and how much he likes them, and Viv is like 'the most unassuming things are the most dangerous, inquisitor' and Cole is all '/sadface Nugs aren't dangerous!' and Viv's just like... '/headdesk'. Especially amusing as just seconds ago Iron Bull had called her, um, Viv, and she cowed him so he started Ma'am'ing her.)

(Also, Cole likes seeing cat's dance. Aww.)

On Cassandra's romance track. Going to zoom through that and get to end game, so I can go back to, um, a female character. I just am not connecting with this guy well, for all my years of tabletop roleplaying as a guy.

(I had one male Hawke, I think. He was a jackass who let a certain bitch impale his sister. Oops.)

Also, there's a Raptor free mount (Raptor's that thing that installs if you have an AMD card and won't go away) if you want it (plus an amulet with +2 CON, which is like, the most useless thing ever). It's all over the internet on how to get it: just have the program, sign in, and buy it for 500 points. You get 200 points just for signing up, then around 100 points if you play a game a day, so it should be easily got. It's, uh, a mount. Yep.

Archived