Required changes to .tp2 file to get v3.1 working with enhanced editions

Roar

Hi, Im a big fan of this work and baldur's gate enhanced editions 1 and 2 feel empty without this mod.

If it is possible, can anyone post the required changes to the .tp2 file to get the current released version 3.1 to install with enhanced editions pending the new version release please?

Thank you so much!

You have to edit out the lines which say REQUIRE_PREDICATE pointing to Soa - ToB or ToB.

Example:

tp2 code:

BEGIN @9996

DESIGNATED 0

REQUIRE_PREDICATE (ENGINE_IS ~soa tob~) @8996 // ~This mod is designed for the Baldur's Gate II engine and will not function on other games.~

INCLUDE ~spell_rev\shared\cre_spell_immunity.tph~ // function used to make creatures immune to certain spells

Edited for EE:

BEGIN @9996

DESIGNATED 0

/* REQUIRE_PREDICATE (ENGINE_IS ~soa tob~) @8996 // ~This mod is designed for the Baldur's Gate II engine and will not function on other games.~ */

INCLUDE ~spell_rev\shared\cre_spell_immunity.tph~ // function used to make creatures immune to certain spells

This will install you core SR component. Afaik, any component which patches .exe fails. So, you won't be able to install:

Remove disabled spells

Mirror Image Fix (I don't know how and if EE handles this, never bothered to check)

Cure Sleep fix

Dispel Magic fix

Others seem to work fine, even those wonderful Deva animations work correctly :D .

This will install you core SR component. Afaik, any component which patches .exe fails. So, you won't be able to install:

Remove disabled spells

Mirror Image Fix (I don't know how and if EE handles this, never bothered to check)

Cure Sleep fix

Dispel Magic fix

Others seem to work fine, even those wonderful Deva animations work correctly :D .

Well, you shouldn't need those as they are handled by the ToBEx... which is included in the EE already. So... also one note: Make %&¤&/#/(%&! sure you use the weidu.exe v236 to install the mod or you'll likely have same kind of problems the BG2 Tweaks Pack has with the item descriptions, in the spell descriptions.

Well, you shouldn't need those as they are handled by the ToBEx... which is included in the EE already. So... also one note: Make %&¤&/#/(%&! sure you use the weidu.exe v236 to install the mod or you'll likely have same kind of problems the BG2 Tweaks Pack has with the item descriptions, in the spell descriptions.

Unfortunately, ToBEx doesn't really handle everything in EE. You should also edit hidespl table before installing SR, to revert the changes to spell levels by SR (or rather, to avoid them).

As for Weidu update, download and extract (no need to install) any newly updated mod into your directory (SCSv28, latest RR/aTweaks). Voila, SR updated to use Weidu 236.

Okay, It seems to install alright at first then this error happens when installing component [spell Revisions]

SET_STRING 45246 out of range 0 -- 36147

Stopping installation because of error.

Im not too sure what this means. Do you need my debug file?

Okay, It seems to install alright at first then this error happens when installing component [spell Revisions]

SET_STRING 45246 out of range 0 -- 36147

Stopping installation because of error.

Im not too sure what this means. Do you need my debug file?

You are trying to install the Spell Revisions to the BGEE game, while it's made for the BG2, this fact effects in this as the dialog.tlk in BGEE is shorter than in the BG2, the mod tries not to find the correct portion of it, but a non existing one...

Erhm, you are using the v236 weidu.exe ?

My BG2:EE Weidu log, prior to SCS/BP Ascension:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]

~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #0 // Item Revisions by Demivrgvs: V3 Beta 1.16

~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #1020 // Potion Revisions: V3 Beta 1.16

~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #1 // Masterwork Weapons: V3 Beta 1.16

~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #1030 // Store Revisions: V3 Beta 1.16

~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #1042 // Heavy Armor Encumbrance -> Dexterity and Speed Factor Penalties: V3 Beta 1.16

~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #1050 // Revised Armor Bonuses: V3 Beta 1.16

~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #10 // Revised Shield Bonuses: V3 Beta 1.16

~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #11 // Dual Wielding Changes for Light and Heavy Weapons: V3 Beta 1.16

~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #12 // Items of Protection Can Be Worn with Magical Armor: V3 Beta 1.16

~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #13 // Halberds Can Slash, Too: V3 Beta 1.16

~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #15 // PnP Equipment for Druids -> Druids Only: V3 Beta 1.16

~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #1060 // Kensai Can Wear Bracers: V3 Beta 1.16

~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #1070 // Thieves Can Use Wands: V3 Beta 1.16

~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #17 // Weapon Changes: V3 Beta 1.16

~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #1080 // Enchantment Doesn't Affect Speed Factor of Weapons: V3 Beta 1.16

~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #0 // Spell Revisions: v3.1 (Hotfix 03)

~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #10 // Deva and Planetar Animations: v3.1 (Hotfix 03)

~KIT_REV/KIT_REV.TP2~ #0 #0 // Kit Revisions: Beta 20

~KIT_REV/KIT_REV.TP2~ #0 #100 // Revised Grandmastery: Beta 20

~KIT_REV/KIT_REV.TP2~ #0 #120 // Revised Saving Throws: Beta 20

~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // Pocket Plane Banter Pack for BG2: Shadows of Amn: V14

~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #1 // Install SOA Banter Accelerator script? (Increases the frequency of interparty banter): V14

~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #2 // Pocket Plane Banter Pack for BG2: Throne of Bhaal: V14

~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #3 // Install TOB Banter Accelerator script? (Increases the frequency of interparty banter): V14

~IEPBANTERS/SETUP-IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Extended NPC-NPC Interaction SoA: V4.2

~IEPBANTERS/SETUP-IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #1 // Extended Minsc/Aerie Interaction ToB: V4.2

~IEPBANTERS/SETUP-IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #2 // Imoen "Retrospection" dialogue for BGII: ToB: V4.2

~IEPBANTERS/SETUP-IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #3 // Wake-Up dialogue for Anomen Romance (By David Gaider with additions from Kulyok): V4.2

~IEPBANTERS/SETUP-IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #4 // NPC Conflict Revisions: V4.2

~IEPBANTERS/SETUP-IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #5 // Restored Aerie/Jaheira/Anomen interjection in Underdark: V4.2

~SETUP-REFINEMENTS.TP2~ #0 #10 // Revised High Level Abilities: Refinements v 3.31

~SETUP-REFINEMENTS.TP2~ #0 #30 // Shapeshifting fix -> Heal on shifting back to human (Default): Refinements v 3.31

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1010 // More Interjections: v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1020 // Alter HP Triggers for NPC Wounded Dialogues: v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1030 // Reveal Wilderness Areas Before Chapter Six: v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1220 // Allow Cromwell to Upgrade Watcher's Keep Items: v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3030 // Easy Spell Learning -> 100% Learn Spells: v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3060 // Remove "You Must Gather Your Party..." Sound (Weimer): v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3080 // Unlimited Ammo Stacking: v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3090 // Unlimited Gem and Jewelry Stacking: v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3100 // Unlimited Potion Stacking: v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3110 // Unlimited Scroll Stacking: v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3140 // Faster Chapter 1&2 Cut-Scenes and Dreams -> Originals from EoU (Karzak, Blucher): v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3170 // No Drow Avatars On Party In Underdark: v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4020 // ToB-Style NPCs: v14

~SETUP-DUNGEONBEGONE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Dungeon Be Gone V1.6

I'll make a decent game out of EE yet..... :D

Anyhow, @Roar, what exactly did you edit out of .tp2 file?

I've edited .tp2 to have '/*' at the start of every REQUIRE_PREDICATE and closed the sentence with '*/'

There are total of 7 such sentences, one at the beginning of each component. So I suppose this allowed me to do an installation as it bypasses the checks. If the problem is as explained by Jarno Mikkola, then probably this version of BgEE is not compatible with spell revisions 3.1 yet due to the dialog.tlk file.

Strangely though ive read over forum at enhanced edition that some are currently running spell revisions as a mod. I wonder how they were able to run the mod?

then probably this version of BgEE is not compatible with spell revisions 3.1 yet due to the difference in the BG1EE and BG2:toB dialog.tlk file.

Strangely though ive read over forum at enhanced edition that some are currently running spell revisions as a mod. I wonder how they were able to run the mod?

Erhm, did they a´say it WAS the BGEE, or BG2EE ? As the BG2EE has nearly all and more data than the BG2... but the BG(1)EE lacks guite few parts ... at least the my version of it. The Dialog.tlk file having 32-33 000 strings etc, which gets to be 36000 when it's been moded like Roars.

From my recent experience dealing with it, it's possible to install on EE1, with a few quirks here and there. You'll need to comment out the lines in the tp2 that involve the following things:

String_Set line under the Gust of Wind spell.

cut01b.bcs in the chitin file cannot be found.

GORLIC01.cre in chitin not found.

ribald3.sto in chitin not found.

25spell.sto in chitin not found.

After that, it will install successfully. Strangeness that can happen are things like a small number of spells appearing to fire normally, but not having correct information display in the combat log. Instead something like "Invalid: 4xxxx" will be all you're shown. Update spellbooks will also apparently work. You may see wrong dialog replies upon resistance checks, but the spells seem to functionally work aside from the odd one-liner in the log. I also haven't reached the really high level spells, so more issues could arise there.

My BG2:EE Weidu log, prior to SCS/BP Ascension:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]

~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #0 // Item Revisions by Demivrgvs: V3 Beta 1.16

~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #1020 // Potion Revisions: V3 Beta 1.16

~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #1 // Masterwork Weapons: V3 Beta 1.16

~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #1030 // Store Revisions: V3 Beta 1.16

~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #1042 // Heavy Armor Encumbrance -> Dexterity and Speed Factor Penalties: V3 Beta 1.16

~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #1050 // Revised Armor Bonuses: V3 Beta 1.16

~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #10 // Revised Shield Bonuses: V3 Beta 1.16

~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #11 // Dual Wielding Changes for Light and Heavy Weapons: V3 Beta 1.16

~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #12 // Items of Protection Can Be Worn with Magical Armor: V3 Beta 1.16

~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #13 // Halberds Can Slash, Too: V3 Beta 1.16

~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #15 // PnP Equipment for Druids -> Druids Only: V3 Beta 1.16

~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #1060 // Kensai Can Wear Bracers: V3 Beta 1.16

~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #1070 // Thieves Can Use Wands: V3 Beta 1.16

~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #17 // Weapon Changes: V3 Beta 1.16

~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #1080 // Enchantment Doesn't Affect Speed Factor of Weapons: V3 Beta 1.16

~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #0 // Spell Revisions: v3.1 (Hotfix 03)

~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #10 // Deva and Planetar Animations: v3.1 (Hotfix 03)

~KIT_REV/KIT_REV.TP2~ #0 #0 // Kit Revisions: Beta 20

~KIT_REV/KIT_REV.TP2~ #0 #100 // Revised Grandmastery: Beta 20

~KIT_REV/KIT_REV.TP2~ #0 #120 // Revised Saving Throws: Beta 20

~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // Pocket Plane Banter Pack for BG2: Shadows of Amn: V14

~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #1 // Install SOA Banter Accelerator script? (Increases the frequency of interparty banter): V14

~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #2 // Pocket Plane Banter Pack for BG2: Throne of Bhaal: V14

~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #3 // Install TOB Banter Accelerator script? (Increases the frequency of interparty banter): V14

~IEPBANTERS/SETUP-IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Extended NPC-NPC Interaction SoA: V4.2

~IEPBANTERS/SETUP-IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #1 // Extended Minsc/Aerie Interaction ToB: V4.2

~IEPBANTERS/SETUP-IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #2 // Imoen "Retrospection" dialogue for BGII: ToB: V4.2

~IEPBANTERS/SETUP-IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #3 // Wake-Up dialogue for Anomen Romance (By David Gaider with additions from Kulyok): V4.2

~IEPBANTERS/SETUP-IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #4 // NPC Conflict Revisions: V4.2

~IEPBANTERS/SETUP-IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #5 // Restored Aerie/Jaheira/Anomen interjection in Underdark: V4.2

~SETUP-REFINEMENTS.TP2~ #0 #10 // Revised High Level Abilities: Refinements v 3.31

~SETUP-REFINEMENTS.TP2~ #0 #30 // Shapeshifting fix -> Heal on shifting back to human (Default): Refinements v 3.31

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1010 // More Interjections: v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1020 // Alter HP Triggers for NPC Wounded Dialogues: v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1030 // Reveal Wilderness Areas Before Chapter Six: v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1220 // Allow Cromwell to Upgrade Watcher's Keep Items: v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3030 // Easy Spell Learning -> 100% Learn Spells: v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3060 // Remove "You Must Gather Your Party..." Sound (Weimer): v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3080 // Unlimited Ammo Stacking: v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3090 // Unlimited Gem and Jewelry Stacking: v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3100 // Unlimited Potion Stacking: v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3110 // Unlimited Scroll Stacking: v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3140 // Faster Chapter 1&2 Cut-Scenes and Dreams -> Originals from EoU (Karzak, Blucher): v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3170 // No Drow Avatars On Party In Underdark: v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4020 // ToB-Style NPCs: v14

~SETUP-DUNGEONBEGONE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Dungeon Be Gone V1.6

I'll make a decent game out of EE yet..... :D

Anyhow, @Roar, what exactly did you edit out of .tp2 file?

Hmm, I just tried to install BG2tweaks then SR for BG2:EE steam edition and when I tried to start a throne of Bhaal session, the screen stayed black and I could only hear the ambient natural noises. I'll try again tonight installing SR first and then BG2tweaks.

Archived