Neeshka Ramparts Stuck Bug

FIXED:

Initial Post:

For some reason Neeshka nightly stars romance dialogue in Crossroads keep after the Bridges Battle disappeared and she won't talk to me anymore. I cannot move anywhere and am stuck on the ramparts unable to proceed. Help? :)

SOLUTION: Script that checks for short characters (Dwarves/Gnomes/Halflings) is joined by AND instead of OR statements. So the game checks whether the PC is Both a Gnome, a Dwarf AND a Halfling at the same time. Then it promptly halts because you cannot be all 3 at the same time.

To fix it open up 3530_cut_romance.DLG using the NWN2 Editor (Installed under Tools in Steam) and open the conversation file specified. Scroll down to the condition where game checks for your race. Something like...

NOT gc_check_race(28) AND gc_check_race(1) AND gc_check_race(3) AND gc_check_race(5)

and change it to

NOT gc_check_race(28) OR gc_check_race(1) OR gc_check_race(3) OR gc_check_race(5)

And save it.

So this is how I spent my Valentines day... editing scripts to get a kiss from an npc girl. I really need to get out more...

P.S. Yes I am a programmer in charge of testing coverage for my company and no I have zero editing experience in NWN2.

Thanks ...

Note: I am guessing due to lack of testing with various races I expect other characters to fail as well.

Edited by karpet22

It's actually in the most hilarious spot. Right when you are about to kiss her on the ramparts. She speaks her last line and then the cutscene gets broken and you have free movement again. And she just stands there refusing to talk to you. Since this is a cutscene and there are no exit points you are stuck there unless you load from a non-buggy save.

Edited by karpet22

I can load many autosaves before and it would still halt.

It looks like it halts on the gc_check_race_pc("28") conditions for Neeshka.

It's supposed to go go into Short Race (I am a dwarf) condition and then she must say "Are you waiting for me to bring you a stool, or shall I lean over so we can kiss at last?" string.

I am seeing ... gc_check_race(1) AND gc_check_race(3) AND gc_check_race(5)

I think it is blowing up because it is checking whether I am a Dwarf AND a Gnome AND a Halfling (1,3,5) at the same time. There is no other option so it hits a dead-end and does not continue to the next item. Let me change the conditional to OR and see what happens...

I am having the same problem (also a dwarf). I have zero clue when it comes to modding/scripting. This is the first time I opened the toolset, and I find it baffling. After much dicking around with it, I finally figured out how to get into the DLG file. I found the places in the conversation you mentioned where it checks the PC race.

There appear to be two: one for (tall races) and one for (short races). Both of them use AND instead of OR in the condition. Should I change the ANDs to ORs in both places? I have multiple characters going, and I am wondering if I'll encounter the same problem when I hit this point with my human.

Also, I'm having trouble saving the changes in the toolset. It looks like it wants me to be in a "module" instead of how I got to the conversation part (it says I'm in a temp folder). What am I doing wrong? Total n00b.

Thanks!

Edited by SirMartin_BAMC