TS v6.0 (WeiDU) is available for download

Vlad

You may look for places where you can pay to access the Internet like Kinko's. Admittedly, you will have to pay for the priviledge (something like $7 per hour at Kinko's, though they also may charge by the minute).

They do tend to have faster connections to over dial-up, and if you take a CD or something to save it too, then you could have it in a relatively short time.

You may look for places where you can pay to access the Internet like Kinko's.  Admittedly, you will have to pay for the priviledge (something like $7 per hour at Kinko's, though they also may charge by the minute). 

They do tend to have faster connections to over dial-up, and if you take a CD or something to save it too, then you could have it in a relatively short time.

Last time I tried to DL it, I had an estimated time of 9 hours. There's no way in H*** I'm paying $36 just to get my hands on a mod. I can buy a brand new game for that price! Besides which, I don't even have that kind of money right now. My finances are going to be rather bleak until May at least.

Last time I tried to DL it, I had an estimated time of 9 hours. There's no way in H*** I'm paying $36 just to get my hands on a mod. I can buy a brand new game for that price! Besides which, I don't even have that kind of money right now. My finances are going to be rather bleak until May at least.

*nods* I certainly don't advocate spending that much money for a download. However, before TS v6.0 was in WeiDu format, I was able to get it downloaded in an hour for that price.

Another option is if you have a university nearby...sometimes the public is allowed to use the computers in their library (or at least where I live they do). Usually they have a T1 connection, and if they allow downloads, you could even get it in no time flat.

There are other methods besides the HTTP/FTP mirrors:

1. IRC

2. ICQ/MSN/AIM/YIM

3. P2P (ed2k, BT, Gnutella)

Although, you already said you cannot install any programs on the public computer, Belanos, so I'm afraid you'll have to be patient. Wait until the mirrors speed up or wait until you can afford Internet access.

The trouble is not with his end of things, it's with the mirrors, as I understand it.  The speed will still be the same on a T1 line as it will on a 56k (unless the 56k is even slower than the mirror, of course).

That's exactly the problem. The terminal I'm using has a high speed cable connection. I'd have no problem downloading it in a reasonable amount of time if the mirrors were transfering faster than 1.1 kbs, which I've seen them get down to. Don't really mean to sound negative here, but I find it rather ludicrous to offer files of 67 megs, which is what I believe TS is, when the server is so incredibly slow.

The mirrors will get faster, just be patient. For certain people (i.e. using download managers), the speed is acceptable.

Of course, if you have a better solution, or if you can provide a faster mirror, by all means, please do so. I will gladly take my mirrors down if you can provide a better scenario.

The mirrors will get faster, just be patient.  For certain people (i.e. using download managers), the speed is acceptable.

Probably because they're using dial up to begin with. I must admit I've become spoiled after dealing with broadband for so long.

Of course, if you have a better solution, or if you can provide a faster mirror, by all means, please do so.  I will gladly take my mirrors down if you can provide a better scenario.

Well in my original post, I suggested placing the files here on the G3 site or over at Pocket Plane. The smaller files you host aren't really much of an issue, just move the larger ones elsewhere, even if just temporarily.

icelus is correct. I take it he is speaking at least partly on behalf of PPG. I highly doubt Cam has enough bandwidth at G3 to spare to host the large files on the IEGMC Mirrors. Correct me if I'm wrong, Cam. :) Plus, I know for a fact that Neil definitely doesn't have the bandwidth to spare at FW, and likewise, Vlad's bandwidth at his site for TS and NEJ is very tight. Speaking of which, did you Email Vlad as he instructed earlier in this thread? He can probably hook you up with TS 6.0 on an individual basis, but he can't handle a slew of downloads.

So, who is left to host the large files for everyone to download?

icelus is correct.  I take it he is speaking at least partly on behalf of PPG.  I highly doubt Cam has enough bandwidth at G3 to spare to host the large files on the IEGMC Mirrors.  Correct me if I'm wrong, Cam. :)  Plus, I know for a fact that Neil definitely doesn't have the bandwidth to spare at FW, and likewise, Vlad's bandwidth at his site for TS and NEJ is very tight.  Speaking of which, did you Email Vlad as he instructed earlier in this thread?  He can probably hook you up with TS 6.0 on an individual basis, but he can't handle a slew of downloads.

So, who is left to host the large files for everyone to download?

OK, obviously I don't know how things work. I apologize for sounding snarky about the situation and good luck speeding things up. And yes Vlad has contacted me thanks.

Archived