BG 2 messed up hit points ?

GuiSilva

I noticed since I've started playing non EE there's something wrong with my chars hit points. Shouldn't a 16Con cleric starting at lv 7, rolling at his max hitpoints, get 70 HP ? a lv 7 barbarian rolling 17 per lv should get 119.

For example my Ceric nad Bar rolled respectively 78 and 131, that's an extra 8 and 14 Hp I don't know where it came from.

I have Fixpack -> Tweaks -> SCS II. Have the " Maximum HP Creatures (Bigg) " for All Creatures installed ( don't know if it has anything to do with it ).

Anyone know what is possbly happening ? I hae exactly te same components from my previous install, and I never had this issue before.

Plus I noticed my Barb at Lv 9 with a Thaco of 6 and 9 for offhand was hiting more than normal AND when he rolls a 20 it's NOT a critical hit.

ALSO the number of attacks per round for my Lv 9 fighter and barb are both 3. Fighter has axe Grandmastery and uses a shield, shouldn't he get 5/2 or something and 3 at lv 15 ?

I don't know man i've installed this game so many times before and never had this issues before, help me out please !!

Plus I noticed my Barb at Lv 9 with a Thaco of 6 and 9 for offhand was hiting more than normal AND when he rolls a 20 it's NOT a critical hit.

What's "hitting more than normal"? Roll of 20 is a pretty hard-coded critical hit, perhaps creature hit had a helmet - even so, you should see a message "critical hit averted".

ALSO the number of attacks per round for my Lv 9 fighter and barb are both 3. Fighter has axe Grandmastery and uses a shield, shouldn't he get 5/2 or something and 3 at lv 15 ?

If barb is dual-wielding, he gets 1 base + 1/2 for specialization + 1 apr off-hand. At level 7, he has 3 apr (gains additional 1/2). At level 13, he gains yet another additional 1/2, maxing out at 7/2 (non-hasted, dual-wielding).

If fighter has GM, he gains 1 base, 1/2 for Specialization, 1/2 at level 7, and a full 1 for having GM in axes. At level 9, he should have 3 apr, and gain an additional 1/2 at level 13, for a total of 7/2 apr (non-hasted, axe+shield). If he were dual-wielding, he tops out at 9/2 apr.

As for HP bonus, it might help if you post your Weidu log.

thank you man, and what about my sword and shield fighter with axe grandmastery, lv 9 having 3 attacks per round ? shouldn't it be 5/2 ?
No... the 3 is correct, you gain a 1/2 at level 7 as a warrior(fighter, ranger, paladin and their kits, Barbarian etc) and you have the 1 at start and the additional 1 and 1/2 from the Grandmastery, if you use the tweakpack.

Newly generated characters receive additional +1 hit die roll. Which is exactly what your cleric gets.

As for barbarian, 131-119=12 (not 14 :) ), which again is the class' hit die.

Is there any more research into this? Multiclasses, levels, other games?

Archived