Hardcore Mod for BG 2 please ?

GuiSilva

Anyone knoes if there's a Hardcore mod somewhere ? This is the last thing left for me to enjoy completely this masterpiece of a game.

With a Hardcore mod we could get really INTO the game, having to properly strategize before going into battles, it's not fun for me to know I can alwas reload if I die.

I was playing with a lv 14-15 party made of a Dwarven Berserker, a Half orc Barbarian dual wielding Flail of ages / Defender of Eastheaven ( guy is a TANK ) :), Gnome Illusionist / Thief, Human Priest of Talos and a Elven Sorcerer.

I always play without reloading and without abusing any of the games flaws or anthing like that. I got past the Lich at the cave of the Unseeing Eye with my Lv13-14 party at the time in a epic battle, barely managed to control 1 Balor kill another, take down 2 Glabrezu and sneak my Priest wielding Mace of Disruption and hit a very Lucky shot in between PFMW after being bombarded with all sorts of nasty spells. That was after spending 90% of my potions, hiting perfectly timed Death wards, remove paralysis and many other life savers. My point is I was very close to death many times and managed to barely escape in one piece, since I don't reload so I had my heart pumping and a LOT of fun.

I just tried to take out the Sewers Mind Flayers and Alhoon and with poor planning bad positioning and a couple mistakes I managed to get killed. As I was deleting my auto save file I realized I shouldn't have died, and I did because I wasn't paying enough attention and trying to get out of that part of the game and move on, and I did because I was thinking " Oh I can always reload if my berserker rage goes out in the middle of the battle and I don't recast Chaotic commands". My Dwarf is probaby going to save against Stun right.

This is my favorite game ever and maybe it's just me, but not having a Hardcore mode takes away a LOT of the fun for me, so there's my humble request.

Please share you ideas about it !!

If by "hardcore" you mean "when charname dies, you can't reload" then no. People playing such games usually write down their progress, take screenshots etc. at Bioware No-Reload forums, however.

If you mean "very hard" try Improved Anvil or Improved Battles.

Having the ability to reload everytime you fail a save makes the game somewhat repetitive and boring,
Erhm, no, the game functions with no saving in battle unlike in KotOR's where exploiting it to a certain events is advantageous ... so not even knowing the basis of the games saving function I determine you as a ...

Archived