SCS settings for a more casual gamer

Rataan

I really like the idea of SCS and I like what I see in game so far in BGII. Still, it is easy to over do it and make a killer campaign of death and realoading for us more casual gamers. I'm thinking of doing a toned down install with the following nerfs:

Omitting most of the nerfs on the player side of things.

Omitting Better calls for help - I noticed that this is a two edged sword when Ilych came running through the library without his entourage in Chateau Irenicus when I had just opened the door. Other than that, the pathetic vanilla call for help is the most reliable method of crowd control in the game. You can always run in like Leeroy Jenkins if you want more aggro and get a tougher fight, which I sometimes do.

Mages never cast spells instantly - After being pwned by the djinni's ogre mage in the second room of Chateau Irenicus using option 1, I came to the conclusion that option 1 wasn't for me.

Omit More resilient trolls.

I'm thinking about using AI_Does_Not_Detect_Items or maybe AI_Detects_Items_Slowly with a number higher than 1, if that is possible

Probably Use Force_No_HLA_Repeats.

Use Mage_Level_Add(-2) as another poster suggested.

Use No_Cursed_Golem_Wounds(1). Golems are enough of a headache without that.

Possibly use XXXX_Cast_Slowly options to nerf some of the tougher enemies.

That would still leave a lot of the improved AI and the fixes to levels and proficiencies that I have found are the biggest problems with the vanilla game.

I would also welcome any comments on the difficulty level of:

Improved Shade Lord

Spellcasting Demiliches

Improved Bodhi

I'm especially worried about installing the improved versions of the Five and finding that the fights are like running into a buzz saw, especially the final fight which was already reasonably tough in the original Ascension. Since it is pretty much necessary to biff the override folder after a big install like SCS, going back and reinstalling some options may not be practical.

I know these forums aren't as busy as they used to be, but any advice would be welcome.

Some toughts:

- I never use "tougher trolls", they're annoying enough anyway. You may try Polytweak, that makes them much less annoying to deal with

- AI-does-not-detect - meh. Turning this off basically means you don't play SCS anymore. I'd leave it as it is. It buys you a round of safety.

- Shade Lord - his vanilla incarnation is beyond stupid, so any change there is welcome imo

- Demiliches can be a pain. I use them, but would actually reccomend skipping those

- Cursed Wounds - you just need "Remove Curse" memorized.

- Bodhi - vampires are bugged and I wouldn't reccomend it.

- Ascension - always install this. By ToB, your own party will be super strong to face those threats

- one component I wouldn't reccomend for a more relaxed run is "Improved Abazigal lair". That can be very ugly. Demons can also be a big threat, especially when they come in large numbers. Mind Flayers & Beholders can safely be skipped as well in favour of a more relaxed gameplay.

strategems.ini customization

On the contrary of kreso, I do play with AI_Does_Not_Detect_Items because it does feel right to me (it was me bugging poor DavidW for such an internal modification and, even if he does not like it because the AI might play subpar, I do think it's great). Not only does that rebalance the challenge, bringing it down to more reasonable levels (Note: I always try and play games that give me a chance of survival with no reloads) but it's also realistic: why should the enemy know exactly what items I am using, especially right off the bat? The AI_Detects_Items_Slowly is also another good choice, if you think that eventually your gear should no longer be a mystery for the opponents.

Instead of Use Mage_Level_Add(-X), I use Mage_Level_Scale 75 because I do feel arcane magic users (with Smarter Mages, of course) become extremely powerful within SCS, even in relation to other AI improved classes.

And finally I use Genai_Does_Not_Adjust_Levels 1 because I feel like the AI enhancements are effective enough even without SCS raising levels here and there.

So, in short, my goal with SCS is to make up for a more interesting challenge without making it too difficult and frustrating. This works for me.

Thanks for the replies. I haven't played BGII since about 2009 and I'm a little rusty. I used to use modding tools to upgrade the levels, stats, equipment and sometimes the scripts of nearly all the enemies in the game, but as you can imagine, this was a daunting task.

It looks like I should definitely skip smarter vampires and improved Bodhi, and I think I'll do a fairly wimpy install this first time around. If I make it too easy or hard on myself, there is always next year's play through. I can post my experiences, and maybe it will help others who are more casual gamers like me. Kudos to the mod makers for all their hard work.

<p>I don't worry about editing ini files I just omit certain components or choose lesser difficulty when there's multiple choice...</p>

<p> </p>

<p>I did Nalia's keep early to keep her happy and found resilient trolls easy enough, you just need extra fire arrows and more resting to refresh your melf's spells, then focus fire. tactics spirit trolls are a different story.. tactics = reload until you discover the one tactic to beat them. never liked that mod.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>improved vampires are stupid, if you're trying to get your first or second 10,000gp towards rescuing imoen or a magic licence with the increased amounts in SCS by hitting windspear hills you have to kill entire corridors full of rats and bats that can't be wiped with a few fireballs and unless you grind quests in athkatla first you're going to be too low level to protect enough of your party from dire charm and level drain to fight back and without sunfire the vamps themselves are too tough to face until later levels, when tanks die in three hits you're in trouble.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>same with improved shade lord, it's easy enough to get through the shadow forest early but unless you have a mage with at the least secret word to get rid of his spell turning and a couple clerics high enough for at least four castings of neg plane protection to recast on a couple of front liners when they get dispelled then he's basically impossible to beat without putting the quest off until later because you can't survive his aura long enough for his protections to go down naturally</p>

<p> </p>

<p>maybe you're not suppose to leave the city until you have those spell slots available but when half your npcs are harassing you to get the quests done it's hard to ignore</p>

<p> </p>

<p>worthy mention: getting past the orog slavers encounter when leaving the city, took me many reloads and meta knowledge to arrange the party in horizontal line formation so I wasn't surrounded and creamed immediately by so many tough enemies and a mage right on top of the party</p>

<div style="left: -1000px; top: 72.4px; width: 1px; height: 1px; overflow: hidden; position: absolute;"> </div>

wow what did this forum do to my post? I can't be bothered fighting the software to fix it

Necaradan, I actually made it through your post, so it wasn't in vain. I'm about halfway through SoA using an earlier install of SCS with much more difficult settings than what is in my original post.

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]

~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #100 // TobEx - Core: Beta 0025

~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #101 // Apply Concentration Check On Damage [WIP]: Beta 0025

~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #102 // Awaken On Damage: Beta 0025

~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #105 // No Spell Interruption On Zero Damage: Beta 0025

~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #106 // Use Caster Level On Mirror Image [C]: Beta 0025

~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #107 // Allow All Races to Dual Class: Beta 0025

~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #108 // Allow Equipping Armor in Combat: Beta 0025

~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #111 // Disable Silence On Charm: Beta 0025

~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #113 // Remain Hidden On Pickpocket Success [C]: Beta 0025

~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #115 // Dialogue Greeting Subtitles: Beta 0025

~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #116 // Enable Animation Attack Sounds: Beta 0025

~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #118 // Subtitles For Standard Soundsets: Beta 0025

~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #120 // Drop Inventory on Disintegrate: Beta 0025

~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #121 // Drop Inventory on Frozen Death: Beta 0025

~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #122 // Drop Inventory on Stone Death: Beta 0025

~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #123 // Enable Auto-Pause On All Screens: Beta 0025

~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #0 // Ascension v1.41 (requires ToB)

~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #1 // Tougher Abazigal (optional, requires ToB)

~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #2 // Original Tougher Demogorgon (optional, requires ToB)

~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #3 // Tougher Gromnir (optional, requires ToB)

~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #4 // Tougher Illasera (optional, requires ToB)

~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #5 // Tougher Yaga-Shura (optional, requires ToB)

~SETUP-OVERSIGHT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Tougher Sendai (ToB Required): 13

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes: v10

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #1000 // BG2 Fixpack - Game Text Update -> GTU Light (by Wisp): v10

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #3 // BETA Core Fixes (please check the readme!): v10

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #100 // Party Gets XP for Sending Keldorn to Reconcile With Maria: v10

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #101 // Improved Spell Animations: v10

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #102 // Cromwell's Forging Actually Takes a Day: v10

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #103 // Mixed-Use Dagger Fixes: v10

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #104 // Ghreyfain's Holy Symbol Fixes: v10

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #106 // Giants Receive Penalties When Attacking Halflings, Dwarves, and Gnomes: v10

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #107 // Remove Dual-Classing Restriction from Archers and Stalkers: v10

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #108 // Remove Second Attribute Bonus for Evil Path in Wrath Hell Trial: v10

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #109 // Corrected Summoned Demon Behavior: v10

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #110 // Additional Script Fixes: v10

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #111 // Bard Song Fixes: v10

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #112 // Wizard Slayers Cause Miscast Magic on Ranged Attacks: v10

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #113 // Additional Alignment Fixes: v10

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #114 // Change Free Action to Protect Against Stun: v10

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #115 // Paws from Shapeshifting Can Not Be Dispelled: v10

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #116 // Remove Thieving Start Bonuses from Bard and Ranger Skills: v10

~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #101 // 1ppv4: Core paperdolls

~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #103 // 1ppv4: Extended palette entries -> Full install (recommended)

~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #104 // 1ppv4: GUI additions for BGII

~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #105 // 1ppv4: Avatar fixes

~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #113 // 1ppv4: Smart Avatar & Armour Switching

~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #200 // 1ppv4: Core content patches

~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #201 // 1ppv4: Consistent spell and scroll icons

~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #202 // 1ppv4: Spell tweaks

~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #203 // 1ppv4: Restored flame sword animations

~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #204 // 1ppv4: Colourable Quarterstaves

~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #207 // 1ppv4: Wizards' Staves (core)

~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #208 // 1ppv4: Additional Helmet Animations (core)

~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #209 // 1ppv4: Attachable wings (core)

~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #210 // 1ppv4: Increased paperdoll object variety (core)

~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #400 // 1ppv4: Core updates and item patches

~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #401 // 1ppv4: Improved projectile effects

~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #300 // 1ppv4: Fixed animations for solars and elementals

~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #301 // 1ppv4: Miscellaneous content fixes

~SETUP-TTSQ.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Tortured Soul Quest - WeiDU: v7

~EMAD/SETUP-EMAD.TP2~ #0 #0 // A Z-rated Adventure - an IM4 Non-Entry: v6

~EMAD/SETUP-EMAD.TP2~ #0 #1 // The Promise of a Troll: v6

~EMAD/SETUP-EMAD.TP2~ #0 #2 // A Bhaalspawn's Best Friend: v6

~EMAD/SETUP-EMAD.TP2~ #0 #3 // Under Her Spell: v6

~EMAD/SETUP-EMAD.TP2~ #0 #4 // Forgery: v6

~EMAD/SETUP-EMAD.TP2~ #0 #5 // Character Medley: v6

~SETUP-PLANARSPHEREMOD.TP2~ #0 #0 // PlanarSphereMod v2.6c: v2.6c

~SETUP-PLANARSPHEREMOD.TP2~ #0 #1 // Planar Sphere Store: v2.6c

~SETUP-PLANARSPHEREMOD.TP2~ #0 #2 // Waukeen's Promenade Store: v2.6c

~SETUP-PLANARSPHEREMOD.TP2~ #0 #3 // Planar Sphere Return v2: v2.6c

~C#SB_SILBER/SETUP-C#SB_SILBER.TP2~ #0 #0 // Adalon's Blood - Modification for BGII by Gandalf the white: 13

~TOD/SETUP-TOD.TP2~ #0 #0 // Tower Of Deception Mod (Requires Throne Of Bhaal)

~DC/SETUP-DC.TP2~ #0 #0 // Dungeon Crawl: v7

~BACKBRYNNLAW/SETUP-BACKBRYNNLAW.TP2~ #0 #0 // Back to Brynnlaw mod for Baldur's Gate II: v3

~SELLSWORDS/SETUP-SELLSWORDS.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Sellswords mod for Baldur's Gate II: v3

~EILISTRAEE/SETUP-EILISTRAEE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Eilistraee's Song

~EILISTRAEE/SETUP-EILISTRAEE.TP2~ #0 #1 // Worldmap addition -> Add Eilistraee's Clearing to the Worldmap

~SETUP-COM_ENCOUNTERS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Chosen of Mystra's Encounters (Requires Throne of Bhaal)

~SETUP-COM_ENCOUNTERS.TP2~ #0 #1 // Would you like to install improved druid encounters?

~SETUP-COM_ENCOUNTERS.TP2~ #0 #2 // Would you like to install improved Shagbag encounters?

~IMPASYLUM/SETUP-IMPASYLUM.TP2~ #0 #0 // Detectable Spells (Required for the Other Components): v101

~IMPASYLUM/SETUP-IMPASYLUM.TP2~ #0 #1 // Improved Asylum Mod for BG2:ToB: v101

~IMPASYLUM/SETUP-IMPASYLUM.TP2~ #0 #3 // Improved Player Scripts: v101

~SETUP-BAGBONUS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Bonus Potioncase and Ammobelt to Deidre's store

~TZSHOP01/SETUP-TZSHOP01.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Magnificient Magic Shop: v6

~SETUP-UNDERREP.TP2~ #0 #0 // Underrepresented Items From Icewind Dale 2

~SETUP-ITEMUPGRADE.TP2~ #0 #10 // Shadows Of Amn Item Upgrades -> Revised consistency plus version: v40

~SETUP-ITEMUPGRADE.TP2~ #0 #11 // Throne Of Bhaal Item Upgrades -> Revised consistency plus version: v40

~CLIFFKEY/SETUP-CLIFFKEY.TP2~ #0 #1 // A Mod for the Orderly - Add a Keyring to Faerun! See readme for more details about the choices below. -> Consistency Plus version: v5

~SETUP-SPSTUFF.TP2~ #0 #4 // Creslyn's BG2 Item Pack: v10

~SETUP-IWDITEMPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // Black Wolf Talisman

~SETUP-IWDITEMPACK.TP2~ #0 #1 // Chain of Drakkas' Fury

~SETUP-IWDITEMPACK.TP2~ #0 #2 // House of Despana Insignia

~SETUP-IWDITEMPACK.TP2~ #0 #3 // Kegsplitter of Shaengarne Ford

~SETUP-IWDITEMPACK.TP2~ #0 #4 // Kresselack's Full Plate Mail

~SETUP-IWDITEMPACK.TP2~ #0 #5 // Mantle of the Coming Storm

~SETUP-IWDITEMPACK.TP2~ #0 #6 // SkullFlail

~SETUP-IWDITEMPACK.TP2~ #0 #7 // Spear of White Ash

~SETUP-IWDITEMPACK.TP2~ #0 #8 // Twelve Paces

~SETUP-IWDITEMPACK.TP2~ #0 #9 // Belib's Everlasting Torch

~SETUP-IWDITEMPACK.TP2~ #0 #10 // Binding Sash of the Black Raven

~SETUP-IWDITEMPACK.TP2~ #0 #11 // Young Ned's Knucky

~IWDITEMFIX/SETUP-IWDITEMFIX.TP2~ #0 #0 // Fix IWD Item Pack Items turning to Gold on load

~SETUP-AMBER.TP2~ #0 #0 // Amber the NPC MOD for BGII:SoA: v4

~DACE/DACE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Dace Linton NPC Mod for BG2:SoA & ToB: v2

~DACE/DACE.TP2~ #0 #1 // Install alternate portrait by Ilmatar?: v2

~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // Pocket Plane Banter Pack for BG2: Shadows of Amn: V14

~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #2 // Pocket Plane Banter Pack for BG2: Throne of Bhaal: V14

~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #3 // Install TOB Banter Accelerator script? (Increases the frequency of interparty banter): V14

~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #1 // Install SOA Banter Accelerator script? (Increases the frequency of interparty banter): V14

~IEPBANTERS/SETUP-IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Extended NPC-NPC Interaction SoA: V4.2

~IEPBANTERS/SETUP-IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #1 // Extended Minsc/Aerie Interaction ToB: V4.2

~IEPBANTERS/SETUP-IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #2 // Imoen "Retrospection" dialogue for BGII: ToB: V4.2

~IEPBANTERS/SETUP-IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #3 // Wake-Up dialogue for Anomen Romance (By David Gaider with additions from Kulyok): V4.2

~IEPBANTERS/SETUP-IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #4 // NPC Conflict Revisions: V4.2

~IEPBANTERS/SETUP-IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #5 // Restored Aerie/Jaheira/Anomen interjection in Underdark: V4.2

~ZALNOYA/SETUP-ZALNOYA.TP2~ #0 #0 // Zalnoya and the Shadow Thieves

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Kidnapping of Boo by Cliffette: v24

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #2 // Kalah and What He Was Promised: v24

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #4 // Gorje Hilldark and the Extended Illithium Quest: v24

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #5 // The Pai'Na/Spider's Bane Quest: v24

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #6 // Restored Crooked Crane Inn: v24

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #7 // Restored Encounters: v24

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #8 // Artemis Entreri in Bodhi's Lair: v24

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #9 // Corrected "Xzar's Creations": v24

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #10 // Restored Hell Minions, by SimDing0: v24

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #12 // Item Restorations: v24

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #15 // NPC Portrait Restorations: v24

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #16 // Corrected BAMs and Scripts: v24

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #17 // Corrected Character Names and Biographies: v24

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #18 // Restored Minor Dialogs: v24

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #19 // Restored Bhaalspawn Powers, by David Gaider: v24

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #20 // Extended ToB Item Descriptions: v24

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #21 // Throne of Bhaal Minor Restorations: v24

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #24 // Sarevok's Remorse: v24

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #25 // The Murder of Acton Balthis, by Kulyok: v24

~ARESTORATIONP/SETUP-ARESTORATIONP.TP2~ #1 #0 // Restored locations: v3.3

~ARESTORATIONP/SETUP-ARESTORATIONP.TP2~ #1 #1 // Restored characters: v3.3

~ARESTORATIONP/SETUP-ARESTORATIONP.TP2~ #1 #2 // Restored sounds: v3.3

~ARESTORATIONP/SETUP-ARESTORATIONP.TP2~ #1 #3 // Restored items: v3.3

~ARESTORATIONP/SETUP-ARESTORATIONP.TP2~ #1 #4 // Restored Wish options: v3.3

~ARESTORATIONP/SETUP-ARESTORATIONP.TP2~ #1 #5 // Restored XP for minor things: v3.3

~ARESTORATIONP/SETUP-ARESTORATIONP.TP2~ #1 #6 // Lich Deril: v3.3

~ARESTORATIONP/SETUP-ARESTORATIONP.TP2~ #1 #7 // Restored random encounters: v3.3

~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #0 // Spell Revisions: v3.1

~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #10 // Deva and Planetar Animations: v3.1

~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #20 // Mirror Image Fix: v3.1

~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #40 // Cure Sleep Fix: v3.1

~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #50 // Remove Disabled Spells from Spell Selection Screens: v3.1

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // General AI Improvements

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #1 // Creature & Area Improvements -> All Creature & Area Improvements

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #9 // Improved Oasis II -> IO2 Dialogue & Combat Enhancement

~KELSEY.TP2~ #0 #0 // Kelsey: V3

~KELSEY.TP2~ #0 #4 // Ascension-specific dialogue (Requires WeiDU Ascension, v1.4.12 or greater recommended): V3

~SETUP-KETO.TP2~ #0 #0 // Keto-SOA NPC V2

~SETUP-KETO.TP2~ #0 #1 // Keto/Kelsey Interaction (Requires Kelsey-SOA)

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Aerie, Anomen, Jaheira and Viconia React to Romantic Encounters: v8

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #1 // Storms and Lightning, by berelinde (Weathermistress Ada, adult content): v8

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #2 // Aimi's Magic, by berelinde (adult content): v8

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #3 // Anishai's Deft Hands, by cmorgan: v8

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #5 // Bjornin's Desire, by jastey (adult content): v8

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #6 // Bodhi's Allure, by Kulyok (adult content): v8

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #7 // Trademeet with Guildmistress Busya, by magrat: v8

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #9 // Chanelle's Gifts, by cmorgan (adult content): v8

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #13 // A Lonely Dryad, by Kulyok (adult content): v8

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #22 // Ilona, a Merchant's Daughter, by Kulyok: v8

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #24 // A Night with Lais in Imnesvale, by Kulyok: v8

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #25 // Laran's Promise, by berelinde (adult content): v8

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #27 // Mekrath and Nymphology, by Kulyok: v8

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #28 // Mira's Special Stock, by berelinde: v8

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #30 // Rebecca the Gypsy, by Kulyok: v8

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #35 // Dreaming of Sendai, by Kulyok: v8

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #36 // Sheri the Bardess, by cmorgan (adult content): v8

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #38 // Phaere's Reward, by berelinde (Talak, pleasure slave, adult content): v8

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #39 // Spell Research with Teos, by Kulyok: v8

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #41 // Isabelle's Fears, by gertjanvh (adult content): v8

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #42 // Anne's Rescue, by gertjanvh (adult content): v8

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #43 // The Queen, by Domi: v8

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #45 // Rehearsal with Chandra, by Western Paladin: v8

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #48 // Bravery or Folly? by Aeryn (Sarevok, adult content): v8

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #50 // Cernick's Confession, by Cal Jones: v8

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #53 // Nizidramanii'yt's Vanity, by Thimblerig: v8

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #2 // Creature & Area Improvements -> All Creature Improvements

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #4 // Alternative Harper/Xzar Plot

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #5 // Extended Reynald Sequence

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #6 // Intrigue In The Copper Coronet

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #7 // Rahul Kanakia's Potion Quest

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #8 // Revised Hell Trials

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #11 // Saving Sanik In Brynnlaw

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #12 // Burglary Of The Bookkeeper

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #13 // New Fate For The Dryads' Acorns

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #14 // The Tragedy Of Besamen

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #15 // Further Slaver Involvement

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #16 // Sending The Solamnic Knights Home

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #17 // Nazariel The Lich

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #19 // Infernal Thievery

~SETUP-OVERSIGHT.TP2~ #0 #2 // Class Tweaks/Fixes: 13

~SETUP-OVERSIGHT.TP2~ #0 #3 // Altered Spells: 13

~SETUP-OVERSIGHT.TP2~ #0 #6 // Monk High Level Abilities: 13

~SETUP-OVERSIGHT.TP2~ #0 #7 // Holy Liberator: 13

~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #0 // Proper dual-wielding implementation for Thieves and Bards: v4.66

~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #1 // Thief kit revisions: v4.66

~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #3 // Proper racial adjustments for thieving skills: v4.66

~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #4 // Bard kit revisions: v4.66

~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #6 // Proper spell progression for Bards: v4.66

~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #7 // Additional equipment for Thieves and Bards: v4.66

~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #8 // Upgradeable Equipment: v4.66

~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #9 // Revised Thievery -> Use PnP thievery potions and prevent their effects from stacking: v4.66

~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #11 // Chosen of Cyric encounter: v4.66

~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #60 // Update Spellbooks of Joinable NPCs: v3.1

~SETUP-Z#MISC.TP2~ #0 #17 // Expanded Spell Progression for Rangers

~SETUP-Z#MISC.TP2~ #0 #18 // Expanded Spell Progression for Bards

~SETUP-Z#MISC.TP2~ #0 #19 // Expanded Spell Progression for Paladins

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #1000 // Initialise mod (all other components require this): v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2010 // More consistent Breach spell (always affects liches and rakshasas; doesn't penetrate Spell Turning): v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2130 // Cosmetic change: stop Stoneskins from changing the caster's colour: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2160 // Add an extra copy of some hard-to-find spell scrolls: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2170 // True Sight/True Seeing spells protect from magical blindness: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4000 // Faster Bears: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4040 // Make party members less likely to die irreversibly: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4180 // Make Freedom scrolls available earlier: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4200 // Retrieve Dropped Items from Hell: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4210 // Randomise the maze in Watcher's Keep: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5000 // Ease-of-use party AI: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5010 // Move Boo into Minsc's pack: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5020 // Remove the blur graphic effect from the Cloak of Displacement: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5030 // Remove animation from the Cloak of Mirroring (leave it for other spells and effects that use the same graphic): v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5900 // Initialise AI components (required for all tactical and AI components): v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6000 // Smarter general AI: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6010 // Better calls for help: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6020 // Add high-level abilities (HLAs) to spellcasters -> Only selected spellcasters in Throne of Bhaal get HLAs: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6032 // Smarter Mages -> Mages never cast short-duration spells instantly at start of combat: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6042 // Smarter Priests -> Priests never cast short-duration spells instantly at start of combat: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6100 // Potions for NPCs -> All of the potions dropped by slain enemies are recoverable: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6200 // Improved Spiders: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6500 // Improved golems: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6511 // Improved fiends -> Fiends have normal hit points: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6521 // Smarter genies -> Genies have normal hit points: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6531 // Smarter celestials -> Celestials have normal hit points: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6541 // Smarter dragons -> Dragons have normal hit points: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6551 // Smarter beholders -> Don't give beholder rays any chance of burning through spell protections; beholder antimagic blocks all spells, including harmful ones, for a round (simulates D&D rules): v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6560 // Smarter mind flayers -> Illithids have only original-game resistances; Illithids can see through invisibility: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6570 // Smarter githyanki: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6580 // Improved Vampires: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8000 // Make the starting dungeon slightly harder: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8010 // Improved Shade Lord: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8040 // Increase difficulty of level-dependent monster groupings -> Mildly increased difficulty: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8050 // Improved Random Encounters: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8070 // Improved Unseeing Eye: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8080 // Improved Bodhi (Tactics Remix) -> "Toned-down" version of the original Tactics Improved Bodhi, with SCSII scripting: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8100 // Improved battle with Irenicus in Spellhold: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8110 // Improved Sahuagin: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8120 // Improved Beholder hive (adapted from Quest Pack): v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8141 // Slightly Improved Drow -> Leave Ust Natha's defences alone: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8150 // Slightly Improved Watcher's Keep: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8160 // Improved Fire Giant temple: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8170 // Enhanced Sendai's Enclave: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8180 // Improved Abazigal's Lair: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8190 // Improved Minor Encounters: v28

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #40 // Change Viconia's Skin Color to Dark Blue: v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #60 // Weapon Animation Tweaks: v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #70 // Icewind Dale Casting Graphics (Andyr): v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #110 // Icon Improvements: v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #130 // Force All Dialogue to Pause Game: v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #140 // Fix Boo's Squeak: v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1010 // More Interjections: v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1020 // Alter HP Triggers for NPC Wounded Dialogues: v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1040 // Improved Athkatlan City Guard: v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1080 // Add Bags of Holding: v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1120 // Stores Sell Higher Stacks of Items: v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1150 // Shapeshifter Rebalancing: v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1160 // Multiple Strongholds (Baldurdash) -> No Restrictions (Baldurdash): v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1170 // Bonus Merchants (Baldurdash): v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1180 // Female Edwina: v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2040 // Universal Clubs: v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2090 // Change Experience Point Cap -> Remove Experience Cap: v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2151 // Wear Multiple Protection Items -> No Restrictions: v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2160 // Alter Weapon Proficiency System -> Rebalanced Weapon Proficiencies: v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2170 // Cast Spells from Scrolls (and Other Items) at Character Level: v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2200 // Multi-Class Grandmastery (Weimer): v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2240 // Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table: v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2250 // Un-Nerfed Sorcerer Spell Progression Table: v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2260 // Alter Mage Spell Progression Table -> Un-Nerfed Table (Blucher): v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2270 // Alter Bard Spell Progression Table -> Un-Nerfed Table (Blucher): v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2280 // Alter Cleric Spell Progression Table -> Un-Nerfed Table (Blucher): v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2296 // Alter Druid Spell and Level Progression Tables -> Use Cleric Level Progression Changes With Un-Nerfed Cleric Spell Table (Blucher): v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2300 // Triple-Class HLA Tables: v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2330 // Remove Delay for Magical Traps (Ardanis/GeN1e): v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2340 // Remove Summoning Cap for Celestials (Ardanis/GeN1e): v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3000 // Higher HP on Level Up -> Maximum: v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3012 // Maximum HP for NPCs (the bigg) -> For Party-Joinable NPCs Only: v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3031 // Easy Spell Learning -> 100% Learn Spells and No Maximum Cap: v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3040 // Make Bags of Holding Bottomless: v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3050 // Remove fatigue from restoration spells: v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3060 // Remove "You Must Gather Your Party..." Sound (Weimer): v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3080 // Unlimited Ammo Stacking: v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3090 // Unlimited Gem and Jewelry Stacking: v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3100 // Unlimited Potion Stacking: v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3110 // Unlimited Scroll Stacking: v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3120 // Happy Patch (Party NPCs do not complain about reputation) -> NPCs Are Never Angry About Reputation: v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4050 // Change Jaheira to Neutral Good: v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4100 // Change Korgan to Neutral Evil: v14

~SETUP-D0TWEAK.TP2~ #0 #4 // Tweaked Weapon Enchantments

~SETUP-D0TWEAK.TP2~ #0 #5 // Additional Racial Enemies

~SETUP-D0TWEAK.TP2~ #0 #6 // Summonning Cap Removal

~SETUP-D0TWEAK.TP2~ #0 #11 // Visual Ioun Stones

~SETUP-D0TWEAK.TP2~ #0 #17 // Sensible Lore Table

~SETUP-D0TWEAK.TP2~ #0 #23 // BG1-Style Summoning Spells

~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #100 // Restore innate infravision to Half-Orc characters: v4.23

~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #101 // Prevent skeletal and incorporeal undead from being affected by Illithids' Devour Brain attack: v4.23

~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #110 // Magical arrows and bolts deal bonus damage equal to their enchantment level: v4.23

~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #115 // Allow Mages to scribe memorized spells onto scrolls -> Scrolls can be scribed everywhere: v4.23

~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #120 // Restore innate disease immunity to Paladins: v4.23

~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #130 // Additional racial traits for Dwarves: v4.23

~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #140 // Additional racial traits for Gnomes: v4.23

~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #152 // PnP Fiends -> Mod-added fiends are also affected: v4.23

~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #160 // PnP Undead: v4.23

~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #180 // PnP Mephits: v4.23

~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #185 // PnP Fey creatures: v4.23

~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #186 // Revised Call Woodland Beings spell: v4.23

~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #190 // PnP Elementals: v4.23

~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #191 // Increase the Hit Dice of Elemental Princes: v4.23

~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #200 // Allow Breach to take down Stoneskin effects applied by items: v4.23

~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #201 // Instant casting for warrior innates: v4.23

~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #202 // Revised Bhaalpowers -> Enhance the Bhaalpowers and standardize their casting time: v4.23

~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #218 // Regain Bhaalpowers in ToB: v4.23

~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #203 // Make druidic shapeshifting uninterruptable: v4.23

~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #210 // Restore the Dispel Magic vulnerability to Nishruu and Hakeashars: v4.23

~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #212 // Make alignment detection spells more accurate: v4.23

~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #213 // Expanded saving throw bonus tables for Dwarves, Gnomes and Halflings: v4.23

~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #220 // Simple Thief script: v4.23

~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #230 // Simple Bard script: v4.23

~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #239 // Simple Cleric/Paladin script: v4.23

~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #324 // Use Icewind Dale's Dimension Door animation -> Fast animation speed, shorter delay between animation start and creature appearance/disappearance: v4.23

~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #301 // Change the appearance of Valygar's armor: v4.23

~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #310 // Distinctive creature coloring: v4.23

~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #315 // Distinctive creature soundsets: v4.23

~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #510 // Expanded temple services: v4.23

~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #999 // BG2-style icons for aTweaks content: v4.23

~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #2 // Thief High Level Ability revisions: v4.66

~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #5 // Bard High Level Ability revisions: v4.66

~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #12 // Shadow Thief Improvements: v4.66

~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #999 // BG2-style icons for RR content: v4.66

~RANDOMISER/RANDOMISER.TP2~ #0 #560 // More Spell Shield scrolls: v6.8

~RANDOMISER/RANDOMISER.TP2~ #0 #9000 // Cespenar can forge SoA items: v6.8

~RANDOMISER/RANDOMISER.TP2~ #0 #10210 // Duergar merchants: v6.8

~TB#TWEAKS/TB#TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #100 // Nature's Beauty Tweak.: TB#Tweaks, V 2.61

~TB#TWEAKS/TB#TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #150 // Imprisonment Fix.: TB#Tweaks, V 2.61

~TB#TWEAKS/TB#TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #200 // Flesh to Stone Fix.: TB#Tweaks, V 2.61

~TB#TWEAKS/TB#TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #300 // Drop Weapons in Panic Effect Removal.: TB#Tweaks, V 2.61

~TB#TWEAKS/TB#TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1250 // More cheating Wishes: -> Cheesy Limited Wish & Wish.: TB#Tweaks, V 2.61

~TB#TWEAKS/TB#TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3500 // WSPATCK for all (Taimon) -> Always: TB#Tweaks, V 2.61

~TB#TWEAKS/TB#TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4000 // 3rd edition style Strength: TB#Tweaks, V 2.61

~TB#TWEAKS/TB#TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4500 // 3rd edition style Dexterity: TB#Tweaks, V 2.61

~TB#TWEAKS/TB#TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #5000 // 3rd edition style Constitution: TB#Tweaks, V 2.61

~TB#TWEAKS/TB#TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #6000 // 3rd edition style Wisdom: TB#Tweaks, V 2.61

~TB#TWEAKS/TB#TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #6500 // 3rd edition style Charisma: TB#Tweaks, V 2.61

~TB#TWEAKS/TB#TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #7650 // Gain stats as you level up -> One point every 4 levels and one point every chapter; everybody can advance over their racial maximum (@vgur): TB#Tweaks, V 2.61

~TB#TWEAKS/TB#TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #9000 // Mages drop spellbooks. -> 100% of mages drop spellbooks, spellbooks contain 100% of memorized spells.: TB#Tweaks, V 2.61

~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Nythrun's Level 1 NPCs: List party-joinable NPCs (required to install any NPC components): v1.9

~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1201 // Aerie: v1.9

~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1202 // Anomen Delryn: v1.9

~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1203 // Cernd: v1.9

~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1204 // Edwin Odesseiron: v1.9

~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1205 // Haer'Dalis: v1.9

~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1206 // Imoen: v1.9

~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1207 // Jaheira: v1.9

~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1208 // Jan Jansen: v1.9

~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1209 // Keldorn Firecam: v1.9

~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1210 // Korgan Bloodaxe: v1.9

~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1211 // Mazzy Fenton: v1.9

~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1212 // Minsc: v1.9

~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1213 // Nalia De'Arnise: v1.9

~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1217 // Sarevok Anchev: v1.9

~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1214 // Valygar Corthala: v1.9

~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1215 // Viconia De'Vir: v1.9

~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1216 // Yoshimo: v1.9

~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #2750 // Kelsey: v1.9

~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #2775 // Keto: v1.9

~GENERALIZED_BIFFING/GENERALIZED_BIFFING.TP2~ #0 #0 // Generalized Biffing: v2.2

As we can see, I have most of the SCS enhancements enabled, but I didn't choose all of the max difficulty options. However, I also have ATweaks and possibly one or two other mods which may amplify the difficulty on top of SCS. To compensate, I used the Level 1 NPC's mod to give all the NPC's a munchkin class, if they didn't already have one, and there are a number of other party enhancing mods in my install. So Mazzy is a cleric/ranger, Edwin is a kensai/mage, Yoshimo is a fighter/thief, etc. Some NPC's, like Aerie and Jaheira already have munchkin classes and I left them alone. My PC is a munchkin fighter/mage multi. With this setup and my fairly good understanding of game mechanics, but with a comparatively casual role-playing gaming style here is what has stood out in my current playthrough:

• Most of the fights are a lot more fun and the party gets a lot more bloody. That's what I was really hoping for.
  • The Nether Scrolls lich is over the top with this install, considering how early you would reasonably face him. I shook my head and picked my jaw off the floor after he gated his second demon, and just used Ctrl+Y on him so I could move on.
  • Even with my munchkin party, I was pwned by the Shadow Dragon and decided to save him for later.
  • I was happy with the balance of the Improved Shade Lord, bearing in mind my munchkin party with three divine casters. One or two party members were level drained, but it was good fun.
  • I faced Tolgerias considerably later on and it was a great fight, but he also used two gate spells, and I Ctrl+Y'ed one of the Pit Fiends. I might have been able to handle two of them, since the one wasn't as tough as I thought it would be. Still, I'm wondering how many Gate spells I will have to endure later on.
  • Beholders have always been a DM's wet dream of party killing nonsense. Bugs, exploits and cheese items have made them one of the worst parts of the game from the start, IMO. I'm not sure they needed any improvements over vanilla BG2, especially considering the Unseeing Eye quest is designed for Ch. 2. Making them smarter does seem reasonable, but the net effect of all the improvements just means that cheese and exploits still reign supreme when facing them. Ironically, I found that with a munchkin party of dual wielders and melee mages and clerics the Leeroy Jenkins tactic works about as well as anything. Just dive in and take your chances with your saving throws. The Unseeing Eye took a couple of tries, but wasn't too extreme with my munchkin party.
  • With my munchkin party and focused fire, I have found the improved golems to be manageable.
  • Not installing the more resilient trolls turned out to be the right choice for my playing style. I always thought the vanilla trolls were somewhere in the ballpark of being balanced and even without the more resilient trolls option, I notice the trolls are still much more difficult than vanilla, and they turned out to be good fun in the druid grove for my munchkin party. Because of party rotation, I'm saving the D'arnise keep for the last of the major Ch.2 areas I tackle, so I haven't been there yet.
  • The Athkatla street vampires have been manageable, but I avoided walking at night for a good part of the game. However, like others I have had bugs with the Windspear dungeon vampires. I saw the Lord Roenal string bug, but it doesn't seem to happen every time. On one of my reloads I saw no issues. This is a tough fight if you save Windspear for near the last and have enough XP to trigger the Ch.6 trap. The ancient vampires have an ability drain attack beyond level drain, and I don't know if there is any defense against it. One party member was drained of intelligence and two others were drained of constitution. I assume this is working as intended. Still, it wasn't unmanageable for my munchkin party.

All in all, I'm having good fun with SCS. The only question I have now is if I will be able to manage the improved versions of the Five and especially the final battle.

Archived