Enhanced Edition - Stopping NPCs from leaving due to reputation

Glam Vrock

I've got an evil NPC who's supposed to stay in the party regardless of reputation. The following code seems to work...

COPY_EXISTING ~dplayer2.bcs~ ~override~
 DECOMPILE_BCS_TO_BAF
	REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~BreakingPoint()~
	  ~BreakingPoint()
	   !CharName("Vynd",Myself)~
 COMPILE_BAF_TO_BCS

...but only in Tutu and BGT. Just received (and confirmed) a report that in EE, he still leaves if reputation gets too high. Is there some other script that checks for BreakingPoint in this version, or is the whole thing handled differently?

BG:EE seems to use the Happiness[LT|GT]() triggers in addition to BreakingPoint(). Maybe that can be used to keep party members under control. Furthermore, the amount of "happiness" is controlled by HAPPY.2DA. You could modify it to keep party members from leaving (afaik, happiness < -299 causes party members to leave).

BG:EE seems to use the Happiness[LT|GT]() triggers in addition to BreakingPoint(). Maybe that can be used to keep party members under control. Furthermore, the amount of "happiness" is controlled by HAPPY.2DA. You could modify it to keep party members from leaving (afaik, happiness < -299 causes party members to leave).
So, just editing the dplayer2.bcs with this:
 DECOMPILE_BCS_TO_BAF
			REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~HappinessGT(Myself,-299)~
			  ~HappinessGT(Myself,-299)
 COMPILE_BAF_TO_BCS 

Should prevent it... as it prevents the leaving dialog from being triggered up to your Vynd char.

Or with a single stroke, combo of the two:

DECOMPILE_BCS_TO_BAF
REPLACE_TEXTUALLY	~HappinessGT(Myself,-299)~
		 	~HappinessGT(Myself,-299)
	REPLACE_TEXTUALLY	~BreakingPoint()~
			~BreakingPoint()
 COMPILE_BAF_TO_BCS 

EDIT of the above:The spelling correction to the happiness...

Archived