[Not an issue] Crash on new game after installing L1NPCs

Grunker

Is there a readme / list to all those cool xxx-fixer tools I didn't really notice exists nowadays? I still have a modded IWD1 game I cannot continue due to a crashing area where I couldn't figure which causes the problem.
Well, there might be some info that you might skip in the BiG World Fixpack's read me.

But usually those crashes are hopeless, because of circomstance.

Please elaborate. I was referring to fixing tools, like CRE Fixer and the Area CRE Checker Miloch mentioned. And I was talking about IWD1, it is news to me that the BiG World has anything to do with that. You are proposing that I don't read (i.e. skip) parts of the Big World's Fixpack readme, which doesn't make any sense to me.

Please elaborate. I was referring to fixing tools, like CRE Fixer and the Area CRE Checker Miloch mentioned. And I was talking about IWD1, it is news to me that the BiG World has anything to do with that. You are proposing that I don't read (i.e. skip) parts of the Big World's Fixpack readme, which doesn't make any sense to me.
K, you missed the fact that there's tools and there are fixes, two similar but different things.

Area creature checker is a debugging tool that when you run it, it will makes a report out of a file you point it to, that contains the things that are probably wrong in the file.

While the Cre Fixer just takes all the cre files and fixes them. Now the BiG World Fixpack contains the laters moddles a lot, cause they fix automatically what's there. But really ! You are searching for the other, debugging search tools for your own mods, or the vanilla files that you can fix... at least that's what I take from your question angle. As it's likely that you don't intentionally put two handed swords to the left hand with shield on the other and so forth. (sorry if it sounded hostile, but that was not the intention! )

DLTCEP has a lot of the "check" -ing tools that you are searching for. The Near Infinity has them too. And the better the update, the better checks it has(at least from a theoretical point of view).

Miloch mentiones his area check tool cause it does more than the other mod tools, or it does it better as it can be used to search the problem using the knowledge of the known area(more info). The other tool of his, creature lister is also likely to come handy. Never used it though.

I'll also point to the bigg's script checking tutorial that I totally ripped off and made into the LStest. And the weidu.exe's --change-log'ging I ripped from him too.

Each of these have their usages, but they only pin up a few problems, you need to find the right one to find the cause of your crash.

Thank you for the links. As I said, I have the problem of a modded crashing IWD1 install, so I don't know what the problame is, maybe it's a two-handed weapon on a creature with shield, maybe it's an invalid animation, etcpp. So I'll take anything from a tool that fixes cres and also one that points me to invalidies of sorts.

I don't think I made Area CRE Checker compatible with IWD. You could try it though. I'm not sure if Logging On=1 in baldur.ini does anything in IWD either (it didn't in BG1) so it's probably unknown what type of crash you're having.

The manual alternative to Area CRE Checker is to CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("cre") for every .cre referenced in the area file and its script (including spawns if you want to be thorough). If it's an animation or CRE-type of crash, eventually you'll get to one that crashes. Of course, this isn't the only type of crash, so it depends on what's been done to an area. It could be an invalid area entrance or something of that nature, but DLTCEP should reveal that sort of thing if you load the area and "Check" it.

Edit: Oh, and most of these tools are listed on http://www.shsforums.net/files/category/97-ie-modding-tools/ with a few more obscure ones in Sam.'s index: http://www.shsforums.net/topic/55842-misc-ie-tools-index/

Archived