Problems with SCS II and Ascension

Well, I found that with two of these mods together, Sendai can't die. I kill all her statues and everything and bring her to near death, but the dialouge won't launch. I can kill her with mindflayer form, but that's just confusing for the game.

I saw a few suggested scripts to write somewhere- I say somewhere because the file that needs re-scripting is never named. That's might be due to the fact that for modders this is obvious- but i'm not a modder. (those new scripts are said to be working)

If someone please can post the right script, where should I put it, if I should erase somthing instead, if I need to reinstall anything-and at what point.

To make thing short- I need to know the whole shabang, no "obvious" modder exclusions....

Another problem I think I would have- I saw that whoever had the Sendai problem had a problem where in the finale fight, Abazigal would turn into Irenicus and would not die. I suspect this is coming for me- so could you please post the whole solution for that too?

Thank you very much!

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #1000 // Initialise mod (all other components require this): v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2010 // More consistent Breach spell (always affects liches and rakshasas; doesn't penetrate Spell Turning): v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2020 // Antimagic attacks penetrate improved invisibility: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2030 // Iron Skins behaves like Stoneskin (can be brought down by Breach): v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2080 // Cap damage done by Skull Trap at 12d6: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2090 // Make Power-Word: Blind single-target: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2120 // Slightly weaken insect plague spells, and let fire shields block them: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2130 // Cosmetic change: stop Stoneskins from changing the caster's colour: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2150 // Make spell sequencers, spell triggers, and contingencies learnable by all mages: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2160 // Add an extra copy of some hard-to-find spell scrolls: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2170 // True Sight/True Seeing spells protect from magical blindness: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4000 // Faster Bears: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4010 // Grant large, flying, non-solid or similar creatures protection from Web and Entangle: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4040 // Make party members less likely to die irreversibly: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4180 // Make Freedom scrolls available earlier: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4200 // Retrieve Dropped Items from Hell: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5010 // Move Boo into Minsc's pack: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5020 // Remove the blur graphic effect from the Cloak of Displacement: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5030 // Remove animation from the Cloak of Mirroring (leave it for other spells and effects that use the same graphic): v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5900 // Initialise AI components (required for all tactical and AI components): v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6000 // Smarter general AI: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6010 // Better calls for help: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6023 // Add high-level abilities (HLAs) to spellcasters -> All eligible spellcasters in Throne of Bhaal get HLAs; only selected casters in Shadows of Amn do: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6030 // Smarter Mages -> Mages cast some short-duration spells instantly at start of combat, to simulate pre-battle casting: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6040 // Smarter Priests -> Priests cast some short-duration spells instantly at start of combat, to simulate pre-battle casting: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6100 // Potions for NPCs -> All of the potions dropped by slain enemies are recoverable: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6200 // Improved Spiders: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6511 // Improved fiends -> Fiends have normal hit points: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6521 // Smarter genies -> Genies have normal hit points: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6531 // Smarter celestials -> Celestials have normal hit points: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6541 // Smarter dragons -> Dragons have normal hit points: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6551 // Smarter beholders -> Don't give beholder rays any chance of burning through spell protections; beholder antimagic blocks all spells, including harmful ones, for a round (simulates D&D rules): v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6560 // Smarter mind flayers -> Illithids have only original-game resistances; Illithids can see through invisibility: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6570 // Smarter githyanki: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8040 // Increase difficulty of level-dependent monster groupings -> Mildly increased difficulty: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8140 // Slightly Improved Drow -> Upgrade Ust Natha's defences: v28

~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #0 // Ascension v1.41 (requires ToB)

~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #1 // Tougher Abazigal (optional, requires ToB)

~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #2 // Original Tougher Demogorgon (optional, requires ToB)

~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #3 // Tougher Gromnir (optional, requires ToB)

~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #4 // Tougher Illasera (optional, requires ToB)

~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // Pocket Plane Banter Pack for BG2: Shadows of Amn: V14

~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #1 // Install SOA Banter Accelerator script? (Increases the frequency of interparty banter): V14

~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #2 // Pocket Plane Banter Pack for BG2: Throne of Bhaal: V14

~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #3 // Install TOB Banter Accelerator script? (Increases the frequency of interparty banter): V14

~SETUP-SOLAUFEIN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Solaufein Romance for Baldur's Gate II (SoA & ToB)

~BACKBRYNNLAW/SETUP-BACKBRYNNLAW.TP2~ #0 #0 // Back to Brynnlaw mod for Baldur's Gate II: v3

Can't remember if I installed turnabout, and maybe it's not weidu so it won't appear in the log?

anyway none of the people that talked about this problem talked about turnabout so I think that's not the issue.

The Ascension v1.41(.24) is an overwriting everything it touches, it's really from 2001, and as you have installed the mods in the wrong order(the SCS's readme should mention this), it's really really bad.

Yes, what Jarno said. You'll be all right if you do the reinstall and install Ascension first, then banterpack, brynnlaw and SCS.

http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php?topic=17555 - take a look at this topic, it helps with fast "clean reinstalls"(that is, if you don't have BG2EE - if you have BG2EE, the list of files is slightly different, you'll have to copy your lang folder, too).

OK so I'll sum it up and tell me it's ok-

delete everything- keep my saved game.

reinstall bg2 and tob

patch

ascension

banterpack

brynnlaw

scs

where does turnabout and sola come in?

and, any chance that there is no need reinstalling the entire game and just renistall the mods in the correct order(given the fact I haven't backed up my files like the icelus said)?

After all that, I should be able to insert my saved game and everything will be alright?

After all that, I should be able to insert my saved game and everything will be alright?
Not likely, as your save game dialog file is stored and the reinstall makes the dialog use different strings in the modified files. You can use the Import Export, but that's pretty much where the use of the saved games end.

and, any chance that there is no need reinstalling the entire game and just renistall the mods in the correct order?
If you look that link, you can get the override folder and the few other things(direct download) for the ToB... download that package, then delete the "override" -folder in your game folder, and then extract the backup and overwrite everything it asks, then delete the mod folders and the weidu.log file and then re-extract the mods and reinstall them in the correct order. Note that the BGMain.exe is from the ToB v2.5.26498 4+1 CD version and if you don't have that version(or the 3 CD ToB), you are pretty much forced to reinstall the game as you don't have the ToB play CD. And the SCS edit the file... you can actually use the BGMain.exe from it's uninstall or backup... but that get's even more complicated to explain.

The Turnabout and Sola come after the Ascension mod... then Banterpack exactly like the rest of the list.

They offer the repair of the glitch with some script change, but I didn't understand how use it, as I said in my beginging post...
Well, the way you apply those fixes is, you download a Infinity Engine editing tool, either Near Infinity, or DLTCEP (the link directs to links of the latest versions, or links to them), and then you use them to edit the script in game and compile them and save.

It's pretty simple, but you got to go a few steps to do that, like learning the quirks of the editors etc.

Well "using them and then compiling them in game" is quite unclear to me...

I'll try to understand from somewhere how to use near infinity...

But in one of the links I gave, there is a guy who specifies where to put the abazigal fix, using only notepad.

Any chance you know where I put the Sendai fix?

But in one of the links I gave, there is a guy who specifies where to put the abazigal fix, using only notepad.
That needs to be done before the SCS is installed ... the difference is that the source file(usually a .baf, not that it was mentioned in the post by polytope) can be edited with Notepad, but the actual file(.bcs) needs Infinity Engine tools, as it then needs to be re-compiled so the file can be used, yes, the source file is compiled during the SCS install...

Hmm so I need to uninstall SCS, change the files using near infinty, install SCS again and that's it?

And do I need to erase anything or I'll understand that better when i'll know how to use near infinty?

Thanks for answering all my bothersome questions!

Hmm so I need to uninstall SCS, change the files using near infinty, install SCS again and that's it?
Erhm, if you uninstall the SCS, then you can change the file(in <game folder>/stratagems/ascension/ssl/finabaz.baf) with Notepad... and then reinstall the SCS, as it compiles the file to be a finabaz.bcs file.

If you don't uninstall, then you can use the Near Infinity to change the file(finabaz.bcs) and then recompile it. But of course the base file is not like it is with the Ascension and then the SCS installed over it, so the example is actually not accurate here.

Note that you actually have to uninstall the SCS as you have to install it after the Ascension mod, as the change only happens if you install the SCS after the Ascension, the SCS is programmed so.

Weel had to be senbattl.bcs or sendai.bcs

added that in both and that worked after a serious time of pounding.

At some point I switched strategy to level draining her. After about 60 levels drained she died and the dialouge worked and all. Don't really know the cause of this working, but heck it did.

I found that my finabaz is already written with the suggested script above... I'll see soon if it works or not...

Just have to pass through these eclipse knights now...

Thanks for everything!

I would still be interested in the correct file name for sendai script changes...

Archived