Icewind Dale in Baldur's Gate II (Version 8) for Windows 8

Hi.

As the topic states, I've been wondering whether there's anyone who has successfully gotten this to run in Windows 8. So far, I've been unable to do so. Every time I run the iwd_in_bg2-v8.exe file, it auto-closes after a while, not even prompting me for the location of my BG 2 installation.

Both my Icewind Dale and Baldur's Gate 2 are GOG Complete version, installed to a very minimal C:\Games\ directory.

Thanks for the help. :-)

EDITED: God, I feel like such an idiot... It turned out that my PATH environment variable was not set properly, hence the installer not recognizing FIND as a proper command which led to the command prompt auto-terminating. Anyways, all's well now, and I can hardly wait to try this out. :-). Thanks again for all your help!

Tried running it in an elevated command prompt? If not, google the last three words and try that :-)

Fwiw I've not tried the conversion in W8, but it should - as far as I can tell - be perfectly doable.

Both my Icewind Dale and Baldur's Gate 2 are GOG Complete version, installed to a very minimal C:\Games\ directory.

Is that directories or just one directory ? Cause it needs to be the multiple directories and vanilla games(so without any other mods installed). And the IWDinBG2 will create it's own directory...

Have you disabled the UAC and PCA ? My Windows 7 computer runs the IWDinBG2 with those set to minimized settings, so.

Archived