The Paladin path + consideration on Alternatives

Sergio

Hey,
am I the only one finding the "paladin" path weird?

I mean, am I the only one who finds "unlikely" the fact that while there are two guilds, one composed by Undead and the other composed by human thieves and if you take the paladin path you are asked to butcher all the humans? Basically leaving a void that is going to be filled by the vampires - because that is - I find it hard to believe that the remnants of what the shadow thieves were would likely try to oppose bodhi - they will join them - likely die - or get turned if deemed worthy. Oh well.And I find even harder to believe that a organization that tells me that they do not ask me to do "evil deeds" asks me to kill all these humans, in a less than legal way while undeads roam around untouched.
I'm not exactly sure I'm satisfied with this path.

On the other hand, I found the path with maleficus really "cute". I mean, what happened with him turned out to be disgusting, and while working with him I had this sense of uneasyness that made me think that he wasn't actually helping me. I also liked the quests with him. Well done. I would rate the path 8 out of 10.

Third. I liked the fact that you can ask the Talos priestess for her necklace. And actually, the dialog turned out to be good. 10/10.

Edit:

I would like to ask for a new "feature" if possible. Merely for the evil <charname>. If you are evil, I doubt you will avoid killing drizzt for his loot. So -1 ally.
I doubt you will go to the radiant heart (because they are paladins) and you are evil, so I don't think they would help a lesser evil, although I'm not that good with what legal good means, or what a paladin would do in my place. So -1 ally.
I doubt also that you could go to the Shadow thieves, because you likely allied with bodhi. So -1 ally.

This leaves you with almost no option if you are inherently evil. I wonder if you could add an option for evil npcs, to pay (10 k money) the temple of talos for his help - actually it would quite cool if there were many options with different costs, so starting from 10k to 100k. After all, in the end, you'll have a damn ton of money.

I wonder if anyone has others idea about who could help an evil npc.

I am very sure that the paladin-route includes fighting both the thieves and the vampires? Else, I am confused.

Third. I liked the fact that you can ask the Talos priestess for his necklace. And actually, the dialog turned out to be good. 10/10.

Thank you! That component was mine.

This leaves you with almost no option if you are inherently evil. I wonder if you could add an aoption for evil npcs, to pay (10 k money) the temple of talos for his help - actually it would quite cool if there were many options with different costs, so starting from 10k to 100k. After all, in the end, you'll have a damn ton of money.

That's a very good idea, especially the fact that you would have to buy your ally. If anyone would want to write and script this, I am sure it could be included.

I am very sure that the paladin-route includes fighting both the thieves and the vampires? Else, I am confused.

Third. I liked the fact that you can ask the Talos priestess for his necklace. And actually, the dialog turned out to be good. 10/10.

Thank you! That component was mine.

This leaves you with almost no option if you are inherently evil. I wonder if you could add an aoption for evil npcs, to pay (10 k money) the temple of talos for his help - actually it would quite cool if there were many options with different costs, so starting from 10k to 100k. After all, in the end, you'll have a damn ton of money.

That's a very good idea, especially the fact that you would have to buy your ally. If anyone would want to write and script this, I am sure it could be included.

I have to admit that I was not able to continue on the paladin's path. That's what happened:

The person you talk with, says that she will ask you to do two deeds, promising you that they won't be evil.

The first thing that is asked is paying her 15k to express the fact that you are serious on the wish to have her as your allegiance.

The second deed is slaying all the thieves.

When I read that I was kinda surprised, but I wanted to comply anyway to judge the component, so I went into gaelan's bayle home and tried to kill him to no avail. So I guess that my "review" is kinda limited, because the component was bugged.

By the way, I've got a question to ask. If you are evil, is it always Helm's temple that asks you to destroy the cult of the eye, or is it Talos? I can't remember...

Yeah, the whole 'butcher this entire group of people, you just have to take our word that they're bad' part threw me off that route when I tried it. Especially since, by the time I'd gotten that request, I'd seen plenty of shadow thieves fending off the much-worse vampires. I didn't exactly like the thieves, but they seemed to my PC the least unpleasant of the factions.

Sure, the people who offer you the quest think that it's justified. They've been dealing with the thieves for years and know all their iniquity - but they give the PC no proof that this violent action isn't gross villainy itself.

As for the cleric question, if you're an evil cleric, Talos's temple will recruit you (a good cleric will be recruited by Lathanders). A neutral cleric, along with any other character, will be recruited by Helm. I always thought it would be nice to make a mod where the temple corresponding with your alignment hired you no matter what, but I'm lazy.

I always thought it would be nice to make a mod where the temple corresponding with your alignment hired you no matter what, but I'm lazy.

That's possible with Multiple Strongholds from BGII Tweaks, if memory serves. Although I'm pretty sure it's incompatible with Alternatives. At least, it created a conflict when I tried installing both together.

Archived