Not Having Throne of Bhaal Auto-Start

Paladina

Hope this is the right place for this. I just finished another game of Shadows of Amn, and once again was frustrated to get thrust immediately into Throne of Bhaal and the statues scene. It kind of ruins the momentum of the ending for me. You complete this great, epic battle--and without a chance for breath you're stuck into another battle.

I was wondering if it would be possible to not have Throne of Bhaal autostart. I'd love to be able to hang around Shadows of Amn and finish stronghold quests in the like for awhile, but that might be pretty complicated. I'd be happy if Shadows of Amn properly ended and I could start Throne of Bhaal by just by importing or something.

Is there a mod like this around? I didn't have any luck in searching for such. Or I wouldn't mind trying to meddle in some code myself, if someone could point me in the right direction to start.

I haven't tried it yet, but Sword Coast Stratagems apparently has a component that sorta does what you're asking -

Make Watchers' Keep accessible between SoA and ToB BG2, BGT)

In roleplaying terms, the natural time to explore Watchers' Keep is between the end of Shadows of Amn and the start of Throne of Bhaal. Before chapter 4 you're probably too weak; in chapters 6 and 7 of SoAyou're in a desperate race against time; in ToB, the way the start works makes it difficult not to take random time off from urgent business to explore Watchers' Keep.

This component moves the start location of Throne of Bhaal to Watchers' Keep, so that you're moved there immediately after the end of SoA. You can then explore WK to your heart's content. When you want to start ToB, just leave WK via the world map. You can still return to WK after leaving.

(http://www.gibberlings3.net/readmes/readme-scs.html)

You should be able to do it pretty easily:

- remove the MoveToExpansion call from the final cutscene and place it in a dialog or script of your choosing, for triggering later

- add a MoveToArea calls in there instead, so your party is teleported somewhere on the surface

Archived