IR v4 Beta (last update 20 June 2017)

In what file is there the 2d6 typo for Throwing Axes?

The Readme. I replaced the old list of Weapon Changes with a huge table but it had a few typos (e.g. leania didn't noticed but spears too had incorrect dmg, 2d4 instead of 1d8).

Speaking of that table, @those who can read it, do you think it's fine as it (e.g. single dmg column - from x to y) or do you think it would look better with multiple columns similar to Revised Shields table (e.g. Old Dmg column and New Dmg column).

In what file is there the 2d6 typo for Throwing Axes?

The Readme. I replaced the old list of Weapon Changes with a huge table but it had a few typos (e.g. leania didn't noticed but spears too had incorrect dmg, 2d4 instead of 1d8).

Speaking of that table, @those who can read it, do you think it's fine as it (e.g. single dmg column - from x to y) or do you think it would look better with multiple columns similar to Revised Shields table (e.g. Old Dmg column and New Dmg column).

I think it needs an update to make it easier to compare old versus new values for all stats (damage, speed, attacks per round, THAC0 bonuses) without getting too wordy.

Most of the tables need some work to make them nicer to look at. I think enforcing a max-width on them will help. They're all going to get moved to a separate file or maybe some sort of fancy hide/show button to keep the readme clutter down.

I would have to see the table, näh, I don't actually, but my opinion is (as always, free of charge, and sanity), that you should set it all in one column, so it becomes xdy+z c1(was), where the x is the dice amount, y is the dice size, z is the bonus and the c1 is the non-standard possible damage type, or special effect or what have you. And the "was" is what the damage was in the original game, in the same format.

@Mike feel free to improve the readme man, I simply did what I could to make it acceptable but you were supposed to do it in the first place :devlook:

@janoha my fault sorry :( I uploaded a secret fix yesterday which actually caused that issue :D I'll be at home within 2-3 hours and fix it in a second. If you cannot wait, opent item_content.tpa with a text editor and rename Main_Bracers_Of_Speed into Bracers_Of_Speed.

EDIT: fixed and re-uploaded. Let me know if it works fine now.

Edited by Demivrgvs

Damn... I just did a new IWDee install and I couldn't figure out how to fix that error (I was seeing something to do with ".../item_rev_inlined/main_bracers_of_speed.tpa" and I couldn't find any such folder.)

I also noticed that the main component, unlike most others, does not have the little commented-out "/* || ENGINE_IS ~iwdee~ */" line, so I just assumed the main comp is not for IWDee. I just rolled a party and made my level-1 save.

With that fix, can I install the main component on IWDee? Is it worth reinstalling all my mods for that? Not the end of the world, probably 30 minutes' work, but I'd avoid it if you tell me the main comp is incompatible even with this fix...

I found a wrongly set value. Club's dice has been changed from 1D6 to 1D4 in the Readme, but it was still 1D6 in bg2_weapon_stats.txt. Do I misunderstand how the mod installation works?...

I'm sorry I misunderstood about it. Just ignore the above thing.

I have a question:

I'd wanna modify the weapon_stats a bit for personal favorite which gives AC bonus to Staff. But there is no column like "ac" in ir_weapon_stats txt file so I'm afraid it correctly works when I add the column manually in the file. would it work correctly as I expect?

Edited by leania

I have a question:

I'd wanna modify the weapon_stats a bit for personal favorite which gives AC bonus to Staff. But there is no column like "ac" in ir_weapon_stats txt file so I'm afraid it correctly works when I add the column manually in the file. would it work correctly as I expect?

Adding columns will have no effect. The table is used by our components to modify weapon stats. We have no code to add AC to weapons or read from an AC column.

I have a question:

Adding columns will have no effect. The table is used by our components to modify weapon stats. We have no code to add AC to weapons or read from an AC column.

Thank you for the reply.

By the way, could you explain safe and correct install order of mods? I'm preparing to setup my BG:EE environment before testing the lastest IR with several mod, but I forgot the install order since I had stopped playing BG series long times ago. What I want to install are,

Spell Revision

Item Revision

Kit Revision

Rogue Rebalancing

SCS

Thanks in advance.

Edited by leania

Demi, could you check whether the changes what I write below are set correctly or not? I installed IR and several changes were not same with the descriptions in Readme.

- Club: According to Readme it should be 1d4 but was 1d6 (I checked it via EE Keeper)

- Spear: should be 2d4, but was 1d8

- Throwing Spear: should be 1d8, but was 1d6 (I'm not sure whether this is just problem of the specific spear named "Javelin" or not. Anyway, there is only 1 throwing spear in BG:EE)

There are typo:

"Kazgoroth", not "Kazgaroth"

Furthermore, I could not find Ring of the Phantom Wraith from EE Keeper. Is it included in the current IR?

And, I found that there is no Wakizashi in BG:EE. Adding plain normal, +1, ... Wakizashi would be good. :)

By the way, I'm checking the description in game based on "Item Index". Has it been updated following the latest IR?

Edited by leania

- Club: According to Readme it should be 1d4 but was 1d6 (I checked it via EE Keeper)

- Spear: should be 2d4, but was 1d8

- Throwing Spear: should be 1d8, but was 1d6 (I'm not sure whether this is just problem of the specific spear named "Javelin" or not. Anyway, there is only 1 throwing spear in BG:EE)

- "Kazgoroth", not "Kazgaroth"

- strange, ir_weapon_stat seems to correctly indicate 1d4

- 1d8 is correct, it was a readme typo

- there's no Javelin within IR, did EE added it?

- Kazgoroth is the correct PnP name, not Kazgaroth, I intentionally changed it

And, I found that there is no Wakizashi in BG:EE. Adding plain normal, +1, ... Wakizashi would be good. :)

I'll add it to the to-do list. I doubt there will ever be a unique one though.

- there's no Javelin within IR, did EE added it?

No, I checked the list which items are added in BGEE from http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/8110/a-guide-to-new-magic-items-in-bg-ee-spoilers/p1, but there is no Javelin.

I installed 5 mods only;

SR, IR, KR, RR, and SCS. Hmm...

About Club, yes, ir_weapon_stats.txt file is set correctly, but 1d6 is shown in EE Keeper...

And I found a Wakizashi (Wakizashi +1). I missed it because it's in Short Sword Category. :p

Helmet is wearable by Thieves now. Is it intended change?

Flail, Spear, Bastard Sword, Battle Axe, Throwing Axe, War Hammer, Halberd, Small/Medium/Large shield, ... are usable by Thieves. Does the IR's component "Revised Backstabbing -> More Weapons Usable for Backstabbing" change like that?

Old Style Medium Shield (BG2 vanilla style) is added. Does IR add this or...?

Edited by leania
Helmet is wearable by Thieves now. Is it intended change?

Obviously not, not idea what may cause it. I'll look into it.

Flail, Spear, Bastard Sword, Battle Axe, Throwing Axe, War Hammer, Halberd, Small/Medium/Large shield, ... are usable by Thieves. Does the IR's component "Revised Backstabbing -> More Weapons Usable for Backstabbing" change like that?

Revised Backstabbing does not have that "issue" on the original game thanks to ToBEx, but EE doesn't include the relevant flag. Within EE suitability for backstabbing depends on the item being usable by single-class thieves. In other words, this component will make all melee weapons usable by multi-class thieves also usable by single-class thieves. They will remain unable to put proficiency points into these weapon categories, however.

Old Style Medium Shield (BG2 vanilla style) is added. Does IR add this or...?

IR uses all possible variants of BG1, BG2 and 1PPlegacy shield animations. More variety! :D

FYI, here is my WeiDU.log:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #0 // Item Revisions by Demivrgvs: V4 Beta 7
~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #0 // Spell Revisions: v4 Beta 7
~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #10 // Deva and Planetar Animations: v4 Beta 7
~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #20 // Mirror Image Fix: v4 Beta 7
~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #30 // Dispel Magic Fix: v4 Beta 7
~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #50 // Remove Disabled Spells from Spell Selection Screens: v4 Beta 7
~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #60 // Spell Deflection blocks AoE spells: v4 Beta 7
~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #70 // Update Spellbooks of Joinable NPCs: v4 Beta 7
~KIT_REV/KIT_REV.TP2~ #0 #0 // Kit Revisions: Beta 20
~KIT_REV/KIT_REV.TP2~ #0 #100 // Revised Grandmastery: Beta 20
~KIT_REV/KIT_REV.TP2~ #0 #110 // Revised THAC0 tables: Beta 20
~KIT_REV/KIT_REV.TP2~ #0 #120 // Revised Saving Throws: Beta 20
~KIT_REV/KIT_REV.TP2~ #0 #130 // Revised XP Progression: Beta 20
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #0 // Proper dual-wielding implementation for Thieves and Bards: v4.80
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #1 // Thief kit revisions: v4.80
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #3 // Proper racial adjustments for thieving skills: v4.80
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #4 // Bard kit revisions: v4.80
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #6 // Proper spell progression for Bards: v4.80
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #7 // Additional equipment for Thieves and Bards: v4.80
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #999 // BG2-style icons for RR content: v4.80
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #1030 // Store Revisions: V4 Beta 7
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #1042 // Revised Armor -> Without Movement Speed Penalties: V4 Beta 7
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #3 // Allow Spellcasting in Armor -> With Casting Speed Penalties for Arcane Casters: V4 Beta 7
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #1101 // Allow Thieving Skills in Armor -> Stealth is Penalized by Armor and Shields: V4 Beta 7
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #10 // Revised Shield Bonuses: V4 Beta 7
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #17 // Weapon Changes: V4 Beta 7
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #1080 // Enchantment Doesn't Affect Speed Factor of Weapons: V4 Beta 7
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #11 // Dual Wielding Changes for Light and Heavy Weapons: V4 Beta 7
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #19 // Revised Backstabbing -> More Weapons Usable for Backstabbing: V4 Beta 7
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #1200 // Revised Critical Hit Aversion: V4 Beta 7
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #12 // Items of Protection Can Be Worn with Magical Armor: V4 Beta 7
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #16 // PnP Equipment for Druids -> Druids and Fighter/Druids: V4 Beta 7
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #1060 // Kensai Can Wear Bracers: V4 Beta 7
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #1070 // Thieves Can Use Wands: V4 Beta 7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #1000 // Initialise mod (all other components require this): v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4020 // More realistic wolves and wild dogs: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4050 // Decrease the rate at which reputation improves -> Reputation increases at about 2/3 the normal rate: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5900 // Initialise AI components (required for all tactical and AI components): v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6000 // Smarter general AI: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6010 // Better calls for help: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6032 // Smarter Mages -> Mages never cast short-duration spells instantly at start of combat: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6042 // Smarter Priests -> Priests never cast short-duration spells instantly at start of combat: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6102 // Potions for NPCs -> Half the potions dropped by slain enemies break and are lost: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6200 // Improved Spiders: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6300 // Smarter sirines and dryads: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6310 // Slightly harder carrion crawlers: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6320 // Smarter basilisks: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7000 // Improved doppelgangers: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7010 // Tougher Black Talons and Iron Throne guards: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7020 // Improved deployment for parties of assassins: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7030 // Dark Side-based kobold upgrade: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7040 // Relocated bounty hunters: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7050 // Improved Ulcaster: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7060 // Improved Balduran's Isle: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7070 // Improved Durlag's Tower: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7080 // Improved Demon Cultists: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7090 // Improved Cloakwood Druids: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7100 // Improved Bassilus: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7110 // Improved Drasus party: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7130 // Improved Red Wizards: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7140 // Improved Undercity party: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7200 // Tougher chapter-two end battle: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7210 // Tougher chapter-three end battle: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7220 // Tougher chapter-four end battle: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7230 // Tougher chapter-five end battle: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7250 // Improved final battle: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7900 // Improved minor encounters: v30

In addition, I changed several 2DA files for my favorite, which must not affect the above things (I changed Single Weapon Style, and the proficiency restriction of Assassin, etc.)

- The Root of the Problem's ability, Monster Bane, just provides +6 damage against monsters instead of 8 which is described in Item Index.

- Boots of Speed gives +4 movement speed bonus instead of +5.

- Girdle of Hill/Stone Giant Strength have been added (Both of these do not exist in vanilla BG and BG:EE even did not add these afaik), but both of these fix strength to 19/20 respectively, instead of adding str bonus.

- All the armors including Robes, Chain, Plate mail, etc. are also usable by Thieves.

- Thieves seem to be able to use arcane/divine spell scrolls. The spell scrolls could be put on Quick Items Slots. The weird thing is that the background color of the spell scrolls is semitransparent green. This color is only shown when Thieves are put it on the Quick Items Slots. I wonder what component of what mod causes this change... Hmm.

- Horn of Kazgoroth's price was extremely high; 168750... Reputation was 11, which is average, and Charisma is also average, 10.

- Wrong Boots of Stealth is used in BG:EE because the game seems changing the resource. The resource code is BOOT02ZH and the name is Worn Whispers (before identifying the item, its name is Zhurlong's Boots). The item gives +15% Hide in Shadows and +20% Move Silently.

- Reload time of cross bow (I tested Light one only so far) is only occur when bolt hit an enemy. Is it due to implementation limit?

Edited by leania