IR v4 Beta (last update 20 June 2017)

I ve had tweakpack mod installed and there you could stack unlimited amounts of potions in a single place. After installing item revisions, i cant do this anymore the potions only stack in fives. This could be fixed.

Or you just switch the install order so the potions can be stacked ... after all the Item Revs main component should be installed before the Tweak Packs, usually.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

I ve had tweakpack mod installed and there you could stack unlimited amounts of potions in a single place. After installing item revisions, i cant do this anymore the potions only stack in fives. This could be fixed.

Or you just switch the install order so the potions can be stacked ... after all the Item Revs main component should be installed before the Tweak Packs, usually.

I reinstalled tweakpacks and it doesnt work maybe the problem is on my side. maybe i should ve reinstalled every single component or smth.

Btw, how big is the dispel level on carsomyr(on hit) and staff ofthe magi in IR? 30?

Edited by geg_Ma3gau

I reinstalled tweakpacks and it doesnt work maybe the problem is on my side. maybe i should ve reinstalled every single component or smth.

Erhm, how did you do that ?

I ask because you have to uninstall the Tweakpack component, then install the Item Revision, and then install the Tweakpack component, because if you just reinstall already installed component with the Item Revision on top, the Item Revision mod is uninstalled automatically and then reinstalled on top of the Tweakpack component when you try to reinstall it.

Look at the Weidu.log file, you have to change the order and the only way to do that is to uninstall a component, and then install it back after when the rest of the auto installs are done.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

Erhm, how did you do that ?

I ask because you have to uninstall the Tweakpack component, then install the Item Revision, and then install the Tweakpack component, because if you just reinstall already installed component with the Item Revision on top, the Item Revision mod is uninstalled automatically and then reinstalled on top of the Tweakpack component when you try to reinstall it.

Look at the Weidu.log file, you have to change the order and the only way to do that is to uninstall a component, and then install it back after when the rest of the auto installs are done.

Ok, that worked. Thanks!

Can you guys tell me if there is an evil version of Carsomyr for Blackguard? I see the Unholy Reaver. It is suited for anti-paladins. Is that Blackguard?

Yes, I don't know why EE didn't used the Anti-paladin class to create the Blackguard but Unholy Reaver should be usable by both. That being said, I don't like this sword much. Between Soul Reaver, Gram the Sword of Grief and the Silver Sword there was no need for a copy/past of Carsomyr imo.

Can you guys tell me if there is an evil version of Carsomyr for Blackguard? I see the Unholy Reaver. It is suited for anti-paladins. Is that Blackguard?

Yes, I don't know why EE didn't used the Anti-paladin class to create the Blackguard but Unholy Reaver should be usable by both. That being said, I don't like this sword much. Between Soul Reaver, Gram the Sword of Grief and the Silver Sword there was no need for a copy/past of Carsomyr imo.

Let it be it is really good weapon. If you dont like the weapon you just dont use it thats what i usually do with the things i dont like (ie shield of Balduran).

Btw remove chaos spell its imbalanced :)

Edited by geg_Ma3gau
Let it be it is really good weapon. If you dont like the weapon you just dont use it thats what i usually do with the things i dont like (ie shield of Balduran).

I'm speaking as IR modder, not as a player, but don't worry, I'm not going to remove it. ;)

Btw remove chaos spell its imbalanced :)

Within the next build the plan was to replace its spell slot with Waves of Fatigue, but instead of fully removing Chaos I'm "moving it to a higher lvl", probably merging it with Sphere of Chaos.

Demiurgus, just a suggestion. But it's up to you if you wish to welcome it or not.

Release a pre-definitive version to be added into BWS. It doesn't matter which or what, but I'm pretty sure that people are still using old revision of IR and SR with BWS. I know you said more than once, that the new beta versions are many step ahead compared to the old versions. So I guess that this would be a good time to release them.

I can definitely understand Salk's impatience because this is ending like that IR v3, from what I've gathered by reading the old topics: and I do use the beta version so I couldn't also care about users out there. Well, up to you. Just a provocative thought.

I think the "problem" is that Demi is very cautious with releasing official versions of his mods since the ones that are out, despite being horribly outdated, are stable and do not have major issues.

IR and SR are constantly being in the work because of the incessant flow of feedback and suggestions coming from the users and this opens the secondary issue with a new official release: the tweaks made to the newer versions are often amended back to previous iterations and some of the new changes need thorough testing.

On top of that, Ardanis, whose importance is capital in the project, has been busy for an extended period. So has Mike1072. Everything was up to Demi whom acknowledged more than once to have even forgotten what some files of his own modifications do or how to tackle specific sections of the modifications not coded by him directly..

I am also looking forward to a new, official release but I the Beta versions made available to us and being updated fairly regularly are more than satisfactory and are certainly a step in the right direction towards V4 Final. ;)

Edited by Salk

Salk is pretty much spot on. He does seems to know me and "my story". :laugh2: As he says, disappearing for almost one year made me really really rusty, I have like 25% of the free time I once had, and in particular not having Arda around has been terrible for me (I miss u my friend).

Anyway, even without Arda and Mike, IRV4 is just 1-2 beta builds away from a final release (I cannot imagine this taking more than 3-4 weeks) and while SR is a bit more behind I think the next build will be the biggest step ever in terms of finally including the discussed new spells.

The problem is that we are encountering way more EE-related "issues" than I could imagine and combining that with the new additions is making the last few builds less stable than previous ones. :pout: I fear I really cannot give an eta for a final SRV4 release. :undecided:

The only good thing out of this is that both IR and SR V4 will be extremely polished builds unlike the first V3 (just look at V3 hotfixes!). :beholder:

Edited by Demivrgvs