IR v4 Beta (last update 20 June 2017)

Heartseeker Bow has "exploding" effect for it's Vorpal effect. I'd slightly rebalance this weapon. Save set to match other vorpals (-2), chance down to 5% to match it's PnP counterpart (kills on crit, which is 5% chance), and "normal" death. In addition, then you have standardized vorpal effects (-2), with the chance being higher per weapon type (ranged 5, one-handed 10, two-handed 15).

Is there a way to download this beta?

I've seen lots of mentions and praise for IR V4, but apparently everyone must have been beta testers, or i'm waaay worse at finding stuff on the net than I thought I was :)

Yeah, I think I have more than 100 beta testers. :D Too bad 90% of them aren't really reporting much, but I hope it means the builds are working fine at least. :) Anyway, PM sent. ;)

Is there a way to download this beta?

I've seen lots of mentions and praise for IR V4, but apparently everyone must have been beta testers, or i'm waaay worse at finding stuff on the net than I thought I was :)

Yeah, I think I have more than 100 beta testers. :D Too bad 90% of them aren't really reporting much, but I hope it means the builds are working fine at least. :) Anyway, PM sent. ;)

Thanks a lot! I'm doing a BG1 and 2 EE playthrough now (been 10 years since I touched these games... heh), and make sure to report if I find anything weird.

The armor changes esp. interests me, which is why I made this post. :)

Haste in a few bits useless once you start really getting in epic levels with all the greater whirlwinds. I would expect more from such a weapon. It should be sort of top level longsword. Maybe some evil-based efects regarding considerable debuffs to the opponent, life drain and evil alignment restriction.

Somehow magically remembers their login information for G3 after five years.

Greetings!

I was wondering if I could perhaps receive a beta invitation. I was disappointed to realize SR wasn't compatible with the current enhanced editions, only to be greatly pleased that development for compatibility was still on-going.

I'd be happy to report anything that may or may not blow up (as well as enjoying my favourite features from a most excellent mod).

That said, you did mention a little earlier in the thread that you're possibly a few weeks away from an official release? In that case I'm not sure how much more beta'ing needs to be done. Heh.

Somehow magically remembers their login information for G3 after five years.

Greetings!

I was wondering if I could perhaps receive a beta invitation. I was disappointed to realize SR wasn't compatible with the current enhanced editions, only to be greatly pleased that development for compatibility was still on-going.

I'd be happy to report anything that may or may not blow up (as well as enjoying my favourite features from a most excellent mod).

That said, you did mention a little earlier in the thread that you're possibly a few weeks away from an official release? In that case I'm not sure how much more beta'ing needs to be done. Heh.

I'm "a few builds" away from the final releases, but that doesn't necessarily translate into "few weeks". There's A LOT of stuff in need of testing and/or feedback for both IR (Store Revision, Revised Armors, Revised Critical Hit Aversion, eventual specific items, etc) and SR (all the new spells, all those summons, the current save penalty system, etc.).

Anyway, I'll send you a PM right away. ;)

Hi Demivrgvs,

I am very interested in all revisions (items, spells, and kits). Could you possibly send me downloads link please?

I want to test them in my ongoing installation based on BGT. I want to test SR with SCS and make sure all spells are used in the best ways possible by AI.

As for items, it's the first version that can be installed in BG1.

Hi Demivrgvs,

I am very interested in all revisions (items, spells, and kits). Could you possibly send me downloads link please?

I want to test them in my ongoing installation based on BGT. I want to test SR with SCS and make sure all spells are used in the best ways possible by AI.

Cool! :) Btw, it's not the first version which can be installed on BG1, I simply did more stuff for BG1 than I did for old versions. Unfortunately Store Revisions doesn't affect BG1 yet, but if you have suggestions for it you're welcome.

I will look at it but currently, from memory, I had a lot of ideas concerning stores in BG1. So many cheap or overpowered items that make the game to easy. To name a few: arrows of detonation/dispelling, wand of monster summoning.... I need some time to re-acquire this game I left away for several years now :)

But clearly, Iron crisis is totally ignored by many stores! Especailly, sorcerous sundries (each game my party first reached it, I was thinking: "ok, from now, it will be a lot easier", considering I was playing no reload)

And from my point of view, no store should have unlimited supply (except normal amunitions). Most magic things like scrolls, potions, wands, magic arrows.... should be quite limited.

Having a level 7-8 mage carrying many scrolls of level 4-5 spells gives him a lot of firepower. In fact, it is possible to beat the game with mostly items use (wands, potions, scrolls) instead of strategic skills use and I strongly think it should be the latter.

Hi Demivrgvs,

Cool! :) Btw, it's not the first version which can be installed on BG1, I simply did more stuff for BG1 than I did for old versions. Unfortunately Store Revisions doesn't affect BG1 yet, but if you have suggestions for it you're welcome.

Edited by aigleborgne