IR v4 Beta (last update 20 June 2017)

From the change log of the Beta version of IR:

V4 - Beta 7 (26 February 2015)
- Readme major update
- re-organized installer
- Allow Spellcasting in Armor makes Bards cast spells without penalties while wearing light armors (up to chain mail)
- Revised Critical Hit Aversion should now work on EE too, Ioun Stones no longer get +1 AC (only helmets do)
- minor fixes (e.g. descriptions, small effects targeting, displayed icons, etc.)
- increased projectile speed of darts, throwing daggers and throwing handaxes from 20 to 40 (arrows/bolts have 60)
- light and heavy xbows reload pauses user for 1-2 sec respectively instead of setting movement rate to 0
- Protector of the Second grants immunity to critical hits
- Mail of the Dead grants immunity to critical hits
- Enkidu's Full Plate +1 to all saves replaced by immunity to critical hits
- Helmet of Defense keeps immunity to critical hits when Revised Critical Hit Aversion is installed
- Adventurer's Robe +10% physical dmg resistance replaced with immunity to critical hits
- Dwarven Shield turned into a medium shield (BG1 had not a single unique specimen)
- Shield of the Falling Stars enchantment lvl raised by 1, +10HP bonus removed
- Kovera's Ring tweaked to reflect its unique role, grants +1 luck, custom bam and lore
- Ring of the Phantom Wraith also grants immunity to critical hits
The Dwarven Shield was supposed to be a medium shield in Demi's intentions, after all... :)
Easy to remedy that. For those who wants the Dwarven Shield to be a full fledged medium shield, just unzip and overwrite items.2da (in \item_rev\components\main) and shield_list.tpa (in \item_rev\lib) then install the modification.

DwarvenShield.zip

Edited by Salk

More issues with usability flags:

The following weapons are missing the flags for: Fighter/Cleric, Fighter/Cleric/Mage, Cleric/Ranger, Cleric/Mage and Cleric/Thief.

dagg01.itm

dagg03.itm

dagg09.itm

dagg10.itm

dagg11.itm

dagg13.itm

dagg14.itm

dagg16.itm

dagg17.itm

dagg18.itm

dagg20.itm

dagg21.itm

dagg22.itm

dart03.itm

Edited by Salk

newbie question:

This is v4. How are there still usability flag problems? I'm learning weidu, so I want to make sure I'm not taking shortcuts that will bite me in the ass later.

Well, I guess mike(or Demi... or someone) made Daggers to be usable to cleric multi/dual classes... so if the change didn't actually get fully processed, that would explain the reason.

Long ago, some of the global changes were included in the main component, so the .itm files had stuff like "Remove Cleric Weapon Restrictions from Multi-Classed Clerics" pre-installed.

When those features were removed from the main component, some of the items may have been missed.

The reason nobody noticed until now is probably because most people are installing the separate component to accomplish the same thing, so the items are behaving the way they expect them to.

Long ago, some of the global changes were included in the main component, so the .itm files had stuff like "Remove Cleric Weapon Restrictions from Multi-Classed Clerics" pre-installed.

That makes sense. As much as I like religiously documenting changes, I also don't want a 1000 page log to consult between builds. I think I'm leaning towards two distinct tp2s: one as the big required main component with no options, then a separate tp2 with all the optional stuff.

More usability flags woes:

shld06.itm -> unusable by Barbarians and Wizard Slayers

shld15.itm -> unusable by Barbarians and Wizard Slayers

shld16.itm -> unusable by Barbarians and Wizard Slayers

shld18.itm -> unusable by Barbarians and Wizard Slayers

shld23.itm -> unusable by Barbarians and Wizard Slayers

shld30.itm -> unusable by Barbarians and Wizard Slayers

is demi awol?

He is literally sailing home... he has a birthday today by the by.

More usability flags woes:

... -> unusable by Barbarians and Wizard Slayers

But those are non-weapon magical items, so is the WS supposed to be able to use them ? And does the barbarian know what the shield is actually used for...

"He is going to use the shield, yeah?"

"As a hammer, yeah.."

So is this a class feature or just unremoved feature due to the component update.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

Ooook. I think I fixed all the bugs reported in the last 3-4 months. :) I hope I haven't missed any but they were scattered in so many topics, PMs, chats and even different sites that I cannot be 100% sure sorry. Thanks a lot to all of you who reported even the smallest thing.

Tonight I'll try to handle 1PPV4 misalignment issues and if I manage to correct those we are done.

P.S I also have a small list of planned changes/improvements, thus feel free as usual to post feedback if you think any item needs to be improved/nerfed/refined.