IR v4 Beta (last update 20 June 2017)

Sorry guys for my usual delay. I actually wanted to package more stuff but something always happen to screw my good intentions.

This is mostly a "bug fixing" new build, nothing fancy here. I had to leave out a lot of small refinements on specific items because I was messing around too much, time was running out and I didn't wanted to ruin such as bug-free build (@shaitan, sorry that was my gift for you in theory - one potion in particular - I'll make up for it asap ;) ).

V4 - Beta 8 (14 September 2015)
- Improve EE support by converting text to UTF-8
- Add support for EET
- Stop Erik beating up <CHARNAME> in Candlekeep
- Update to WeiDU 238
- fixed incorrect usabilities for various items, including a number of daggers
- fixed all reported minor issues and typos
- Casiel's Soul is no longer cursed to prevent a not intended interaction with Break Enchantment
- Belt of Inertial Barrier "animation" disabled for gameplay reasons (too spammy and applied to invisible targets)
- Dwarven Shield base stats now correctly match its new "size"
- Potion of Speed tweaked to match SR's Haste (no haste opcode, fixed apr gain, counters slow via sec type, etc.)

- Potion of Absorption resistance lowered from 20% to 10%

Edited by Demivrgvs

Hello Demi and thanks for this latest release.

I take you weren't able to fix the compatibility issues between IR and 1PP v4?

That's one of the reasons I kept a lot of changes out of this build, I was not sure my internal build was ok between item changes and 1pp v4 mess. I cannot simply update paperdolls but I have to re-do all helmets. I hope shields are fine regardless of paperdoll/avatar versions because that would be even more time consuming to check and eventually re-do.

Don't worry though, I haven't given up yet.

Potion of Absorption resistance lowered from 20% to 10%

Uh, I'm actually glad you did this. It was a bit OP to be honest. I'd also call the tweak on the haste potion a fix rather, but thanks again.

The main thing about Potion of Absorption is that it has tremendous synergy with the new armor system (aka armor's physical resistance). When I added this potion in V3 that was not around, but now almost everybody has a base resistance. What I just did isn't really a nerf, but a necessary adjustment to the new system as a whole. The potion is still extremely powerful, with even greater "potential" thant it had in V3 (e.g. when combined with V4 medium/heavy armors you get 25-30% resistance).

Potion of Speed changes do include a few fixes yeah (let's just say haste opcode was kinda broken) but I also added SR-like +2 thac0/AC/reflex which I'm already tempted to remove. The more I look at them the more I think it's best if potions don't perfecty mimick an existing spell.

[...] but I also added SR-like +2 thac0/AC/reflex which I'm already tempted to remove. The more I look at them the more I think it's best if potions don't perfecty mimick an existing spell.

I have to say I agree on that completely. Spells should always have an edge over potions and items. Their temporary and removable nature should have some counterweight.

Also since it's relevant, I believe that items should not have abilities you can't replicate with spells. With IR+SR v4 the only way to fight SCS Kangaxx is to use the boots that provide immunity to Imprisonment. Items making or breaking a character treads dangerously close to MOBA territory and, as much as I enjoy the occasional Dota, I really don't think it suits BG.

Eh I had written a whole paragraph explaining my view and then I realised it's both tiring and unnecessary. Just disregard my last sentence. It just stemmed from the current situation that SI:Abj is gone and the only way to protect against Imprisonment is through Boots of Etherealness. But that's beta for you :D

On a different note, I was browsing stuff in NI and saw that the Drizzt version that helps you vs Bodhi has an undroppable Amulet of Power on. I think you would be safe to replace it with Periapt of Life Protection, since I doubt that its there for casting speed or vocalise.

Eh I had written a whole paragraph explaining my view and then I realised it's both tiring and unnecessary. Just disregard my last sentence. It just stemmed from the current situation that SI:Abj is gone and the only way to protect against Imprisonment is through Boots of Etherealness. But that's beta for you :D

Imprisonment with SR isn't nearly as gamebreaking as in vanilla even if used against protagonist (unless you have no Freedom scrolls/spells); so that's not really an issue unless you want to fight Kangaxx very soon in your adventure.

As far as AI is concerned, Dispel Screen active means that Imprisonment won't be used against character which cast it on himself (at least with SCS).

. With IR+SR v4 the only way to fight SCS Kangaxx is to use the boots that provide immunity to Imprisonment. Items making or breaking a character treads dangerously close to MOBA territory and, as much as I enjoy the occasional Dota, I really don't think it suits BG.

I wouldn't really go that far (I remember one time I actually forgot to get the boots; and still got up to ToB).

(btw, I also enjoy(ed) an occasional Dota. Was thinking about making some kit mod which introduces some Dota characters as playable kits :D )

Potion of Speed changes do include a few fixes yeah (let's just say haste opcode was kinda broken) but I also added SR-like +2 thac0/AC/reflex which I'm already tempted to remove. The more I look at them the more I think it's best if potions don't perfecty mimick an existing spell.

Great.

P.S.

Demi, PM me with what you need; I'll probably have some time Friday/Saturday evening.

On a different note, I was browsing stuff in NI and saw that the Drizzt version that helps you vs Bodhi has an undroppable Amulet of Power on. I think you would be safe to replace it with Periapt of Life Protection, since I doubt that its there for casting speed or vocalise.

Good find - that explains why he's so weak vs Bodhi.

Quick note: as Kreso says SR's Imprisonment is a bit less dramatic than vanilla, but most importantly demi-lich doesn't even use Imprisonment. Within SR/SCS Demilich Soul Trap allows a save, albeit a harsh one (I need to lower the save penalty from -6 to -4). That means you can for example take a Potion of Magic Shielding and be fully protected for 1 turn. Characters with really good saves vs spell (e.g. KR's Inquisitor or an enraged Berserker with his +4 to saves) can also withstand it easily if properly buffed/equipped.

Demi, PM me with what you need; I'll probably have some time Friday/Saturday evening.

Pay attention to what you ask for. PM incoming within 5-10 minutes. ;)

I've troubles installing the revised shields component.

Debug is too big to be attached, .jpeg attached.

Hope you can solve it?

It's Argent Shield added by Item Pack. Maybe I've noticed this before - if so sorry about that.

Cut the .itm out of the override directory, problem solved.

Cheers

post-936-0-96427000-1442484350_thumb.jpg

Edited by Shaitan