Can I delete "Baldur's Gate II" directory after conversion?

Hi,

I see in Baldur.ini

HD0:=D:\Gry\BG\IWD-BG2Engine\
CD1:=D:\Gry\BG\BG2\data\
CD2:=D:\Gry\BG\BG2\data\
CD3:=D:\Gry\BG\BG2\data\
CD4:=D:\Gry\BG\BG2\data\
CD5:=D:\Gry\BG\BG2\data\
CD6:=D:\Gry\BG\BG2\data\

If you are asking about the "BG/BG2" folder...

You can, but you have to get the "data" folder out, and then reinsert it back. Or copy paste it's content to the IWD-BG2Engine\ -folder and edit the baldur.ini .

So you can save about a 1Gb's out with this, but it's not actually a lots. Unless you have 15 BG2 folders and then it amount to 14Gb's, which in relation is a little bit more. But there's things that you need to account, if you first think of installing mods to those games, they positively need to contain all their own data in the same drive letter(aka the "D:\" ), as the weidu.exe can't handle the files that are outside, and the game can lag if the computer needs to retrieves files from the Christmas village...

Meaning that you'll end up with:

HD0:=D:\Gry\BG\IWD-BG2Engine\
CD1:=D:\Gry\BG\IWD-BG2Engine\data\
CD2:=D:\Gry\BG\IWD-BG2Engine\data\
CD3:=D:\Gry\BG\IWD-BG2Engine\data\
CD4:=D:\Gry\BG\IWD-BG2Engine\data\
CD5:=D:\Gry\BG\IWD-BG2Engine\data\
CD6:=D:\Gry\BG\IWD-BG2Engine\data\
If you are asking about the "BG/BG2" folder...

You can, but you have to get the "data" folder out, and then reinsert it back. Or copy paste it's content to the IWD-BG2Engine\ -folder and edit the baldur.ini .

In fact, all files from BG2\data\ directory are already in IWD-BG2Engine\data\ so there shouldn't be any problem. There is also missing IWD-BG2Engine\Movies - will copy just in case and IWD-BG2Engine\Music has less files - will skip existing files. Thanks.

Archived