Problem installing widescreen mod on OSX Mavericks

bathossojourner

I got the Mac OSX version of PS:T off Gog.com and got ready to start going through the mod process. Immediately after downloading the widescreen mod for OSX, I realize there is a problem. The "setup-widescreen" file is not ".exe". Okay, simple enough to solve, changed the file extension to ".exe".

It's OSX so I know I can't run an .exe without some help, so I look around on the internet to find out that I have to use Wineskin thats built into the PS:T wrapper. So I open that up, go to install software, and select the setup-widescreen.exe file. It begins to do it's think with a spinning progress thing and then pops up an "Access denied" dialog window and then another saying:

"No new executables found!

Maybe the installer failed...?
If you tried to install somewhere other than C: drive (drive_c in the wrapper) then you will get this message too. All software must be installed in C: drive."

I haven't changed anything in the installation process aside from adding that file extension to the setup-widscreen file. Anyway, I don't what is wrong or how to fix it. Anyone have any idea what I should do?

I would just grab the Windows version of the widescreen mod, then use e.g. "The Unarchiver" to unzip the self-extracting archive, then copy setup-widescreen.exe, setup-widescreen.tp2 and the widescreen directory inside the PS:T directory inside the Wineskin wrapper. Then you just need to ask the Wineskin wrapper to open a Windows command box, make your way to the PS:T directory and run setup-widescreen.exe. Feel free to ask more precisions.

Archived