SR V4 Open Beta (last update 25 October 2018)

Banishment

From description: "The gated genie is immune to Death Spell". I have to update the description though. :D

No idea why it's not working on the Aerial Servant though, and while destself has no target it never did afaik and always worked. o.O Will check.

Clerical version of this spell allows a save.

v7 Feedback

Druids still get Lv3 Gust of Wind spell along with their new icon Lv2 Gust of Wind spell.

Call Woodland Beings description has wrong spells listed (Resist Fire and Cold). Furthermore IMO is too strong for a druid just hitting lvl 7. The dryad summoned has a lot of good spells, call lightning and the two barkskins in particular. On top of having a great spell selection it's blindness ability is OP, combined it makes the spell too much bang for the buck. I think you should consider scaling the spell a bit (ala aTweaks).

Suggestion: use the IWD spell effect Eight Eyes for Moment of Prescience, it looks awesome plus it's Divination-y.

Edited by zenblack

I am not sure if this is a SR bug or just a BG2 bug but....

Whenever you create a Simulacrum or Project Image of yourself, they banter incessantly about their spells failing, pick pocketing, and setting a trap. It doesn't affect gameplay but it is slightly annoying.

Whenever you create a Simulacrum or Project Image of yourself, they banter incessantly about their spells failing, pick pocketing, and setting a trap. It doesn't affect gameplay but it is slightly annoying.

Never heard of this bug before...is anyone else experiencing it? o.O

Any chance to opt into the beta? I'm planning an EE trilogy playthrough in the upcoming weeks and SR is always a welcome addition.

Sure, no problem. Afaik the current build is almost entirely bug free, though I need Arda to reappear for a couple of things.

Happened to me once, but otherwise works fine. I never use these so...

Happened to me too a while ago (SCS wasn't in it's twenties back then probably), and actually I think it has something to do with how game behaves on different OS (similar to that vanilla BG2 bug that made half of the npcs 'busy' if you tried to play on WinXP).

Edited by n-ghost

What game is Baptor using?

Playing on BGEE, I have noticed a few cases where spells display incorrect strings. BGEE doesn't share the exact same .tlk as BG2, so we will have to change some of the places to not use hardcoded string references.

What game is Baptor using?

Playing on BGEE, I have noticed a few cases where spells display incorrect strings. BGEE doesn't share the exact same .tlk as BG2, so we will have to change some of the places to not use hardcoded string references.

I experienced this bug on the original BG2 with SR v.3 and on BG2EE with v.4. Dunno if that helps.

Just started Throne of Bhaal. I cast Energy Blades on Imoen for the first time. After the spell expired, it would not let me unequip her shortbow nor allow me to cast a new Energy Blades spell (error: you cannot have more than one spell of that type active at the same time). Resting did not help. The bow remains immovable and the spell uncastable.

I find the spell description of Identify to be really underwhelming.

I know IR didn't change it but I think it needs a better description.

This is how it is now:

When this spell is memorized, go to the history page of an unidentified item and press the Identify button. The chance of identifying the item is 100%. The spell identifies the item's name, what it does, and if it is cursed.

Moving the last line to the beginning would already be an improvement:

The spell identifies the item's name, what it does, and if it is cursed. When this spell is memorized, go to the history page of an unidentified item and press the Identify button. The chance of identifying the item is 100%.

I've confirmed there is a serious problem with the mage version of energy blades.

I fixed the prior problem with EE Keeper (deleted the bow and made another). I decided to just cast energy blades again to see if it recreated the problem. This time the spell lasted only a few seconds (its duration is supposed to be measured in turns) and I couldn't attack anything with them. Please look into this one, EB was one of my favs with Imoen since she had the Thaco to back them up.

@Baptor, I've found an error (main spell uses spenblade.pro and should have no projectile at all) but afaik that should actually do nothing. I'll test it in my game asap and let you know.

@Salk, you're probably right. On a side note I do not like the 4th wall breaking "go to the history page of an unidentified item and press the Identify button" too.