SR V4 Open Beta (last update 25 October 2018)

A dump of the red coloring mentioned earlier. The contigency has a reddish glow to it.

Are you sure your character is not an Enchanter, or a Barbarian ? This is in vanilla, the scroll can have gathered more unusability flags during mod installs.

Also intelligence or wisdom can be required.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

A dump of the red coloring mentioned earlier. The contigency has a reddish glow to it.

I have no idea what's going on, but SR doesn't touch those bams at all. Are you on EE or vanilla?

Greater Spell Deflection

says "spells greater than level 4 will not be affected". I hope this is a typo. :)

Yes, it is. :D I was sure I fixed that typo a few builds ago but it's strangely there indeed. Thanks for reporting.

Sorry guys.

Multiple Save vs messages

The saving throw fix from ToBex was switched off (and I even did a new installation with the older beta0024) and I'm still having a bunch of save vs messages. Are you 100% sure it couldn't be caused by IR/SR?

Barkskin

The slightly reduced duration at first annoyed me (a fav spell) but it seems to be more appropriate ingame.

Spell Revisions vs A-Tweaks

As a sidenote: Using the scribe scrolls via A tweaks gives the older names when choosing which spells to scribe. Ie. Knock is still Knock on drop down menu given by A tweaks, but ofcourse yields a Battering Ram.

Monster Summoning I

I don't know you ended up with this spell? At a point you talked about making it level 1 with kobold and such?

Anyway are the monsters put to follow their summoner? I got surrounded with Imoen as the Hobgoblins continued to follow me. Sure I could order them away, I was just curious what is their "normal" behavior? Picture post-936-0-70009800-1415958242_thumb.jpg

Cheerios

Edited by Shaitan

@Shaitan

Are you sure you changed it to =0 in the .ini file? The problem only appears for me when it's active.

Spell Revisions vs A-Tweaks

That needs to be changed by aTweaks. As another option this could be implemented by Kit Revisions in the future.

Monster Summoning I

I think Demivrgvs didn't come around to implement it yet. Like the checks for Fiend summoning, Mind Blank and a few other planned spells.

The following around part is intended. It can be a hassle but i think it's mostly a boon.

@Demivrgvs

Dispel Screen

seems to have a longer duration than the stated 1 turn.

Edited by Incantatar

So, should I put "Saving Throw Fix=0" as the default setting for SR's ToBEx? Btw, why no one before Shaitan ever reported the issue in all this time?

Monster Summoning

The following around part is intended. It can be a hassle but i think it's mostly a boon.

You can disable and re-enable it in-game pointing the creature and pressing CTRL+F. All SR summons have this check, and you can also fully disable their AI if you wish with CTRL+D.

On a side note, if you want to go stealth you can also simply not conjure an army of summons! :D

I think Demivrgvs didn't come around to implement it yet. Like the checks for Fiend summoning, Mind Blank and a few other planned spells.

Yeah, but I've not given up on those things. Almost everything planned will sooner or later be part of SR.

Dispelling Screen

Which version are you using? It was casting time 1 with 10 rounds duration but on the last build it should be cs 5 and 5 turns duration.
Dispelling Screen

Which version are you using? It was casting time 1 with 10 rounds duration but on the last build it should be cs 5 and 5 turns duration.

V4 - Beta 7 (8 October 2014)

SPWI510.SPL

Dispelling Screen

Level: 5

School: Abjuration

Range: Personal

Duration: 1 turn

Casting Time: 5

Area of Effect: Caster

Saving Throw: None

This spell creates a transparent, permeable barrier that shields the caster from Dispel Magic and similar spells. Furthermore, any spell effect that passes through the screen can potentially be dispelled by the energies of the barrier, effectively granting the caster 50% magic resistance.

Dispelling Screen and Spell Shield both protect from Dispel Magic, correct? And the dispelling power from DS is independent from a MR check or does it add to it?

Regarding the saving throw fix

I think i mentioned it somewhere on the forums here and it was pointed out it's a ToBEx issue. You should disable it in the .ini, it's clearly bugged.

I'm not sure why it's persistent for Shaitan, for me the multiple messages are gone after disabling the fix.

Edited by Incantatar

Dispelling Screen and Spell Shield both protect from Dispel Magic, correct? And the dispelling power from DS is independent from a MR check or does it add to it?

I think i mentioned it somewhere on the forums here and it was pointed out it's a ToBEx issue. You should disable it in the .ini, it's clearly bugged.

I'm not sure why it's persistent for Shaitan, for me the multiple messages are gone after disabling the fix.

Spell Shield doesn't block Dispel, nor is it removed by it. I don't understand "dispelling power from DS". Dispel is (was) never affected by MR.

The bug with multiple save messages is surely a ToBex issue - I don't know what exactly Sahitan disabled or where.

@Demi - I never mentioned since I assume people usually change this setting to 0 as "common knowledge", and know this bug isn't from SR. Fwiw, it's purely cosmetic, and doesn't affect the gamaplay in any way apart being fairly intrusive on eyes. Maybe others play with "no extra feedback" or something disabled in the options menu, so it doesn't show.

But the saving thow fix works well even if there is multiple message displayed in the box. Isn't it ?

So maybe it's not a good idea to disable it.