SR V4 Open Beta (last update 25 October 2018)

Cloudkill

Do one of you mind take a closer look at this conjuration spell. In my game Xan can't write it to his spellbook.

And what makes you thing an Enchanter can cast Invocation spell ?

Yeah, the spell description can be various things, but if the spell was altered after it's description was, it's not likely to actually hold the true data. :D --change-log the file.

Cloudkill

Do one of you mind take a closer look at this conjuration spell. In my game Xan can't write it to his spellbook.

And what makes you thing an Enchanter can cast Invocation spell ?

Yeah, the spell description can be various things, but if the spell was altered after it's description was, it's not likely to actually hold the true data. :D --change-log the file.

This is a SR bug. Cloudkill, Web and similar stuff are Conjurations now, but the usabilities weren't yet changed.

Regarding the saving throw fix

I think i mentioned it somewhere on the forums here and it was pointed out it's a ToBEx issue. You should disable it in the .ini, it's clearly bugged.

I'm not sure why it's persistent for Shaitan, for me the multiple messages are gone after disabling the fix.

But the saving thow fix works well even if there is multiple message displayed in the box. Isn't it ?

So maybe it's not a good idea to disable it.

I was exactly thinking the same as DrAzTiK.

Any input on this? Kreso?

well, let's see....

1. For multiple saving throw types, TobEx fixes an internal inconsistency when flagging which saving throw type is used to check save.TobEx determines which is the best saving throw type, then checks and flags only that one
This is irrelevant for SR (or vanilla game as well, never happens).
2. TobEx fixes an issue where if a saving throw fails by type, but modifiers result in a successful save, a successful save is not reported in the dialogue bar
Cool. Irrelevant.
3. TobEx fixes an issue where targets with improved invisibility did not get a +4 saving throw against effects from creatures that cannot see invisible
Again, cool. SR makes Imp.Invisibility not give +4 to saves. :rolleyes:
By disabling this whole fix from ToBEx, you loose nothing, apart a screen full of savevsx messages. :D

Okay then let's say that disabling those ToBEx fixes to saving throws is pretty much the way to go with SR.

On the other hand, I find fix number 3 to be pretty important for non SR games and fix number 2 would be pretty neat to have.

Flesh to Stone

Conster made short of Minsc - permanently. This however must be a bug. First he was slowed and later he was held. At first I thought he was normally hel, so I threw Remove paralysis to no avail. I went back in the text and saw that Conster threw FtS so I tried Stone to Flesh (green scroll), but that didn't help.

What's wrong? post-936-0-23266100-1416568626_thumb.jpg post-936-0-75228900-1416568633_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Stone to Flesh (green scroll)

What's wrong?

The above. You'll encounter same issues with slow effects other than slow spell not being "counterable" by haste (which now counters itself :rolleyes: !) and similar.

Basically, you can only remove Flesh to Stone with Stone to Flesh mage spell/scroll. Unless Demi finds a way to patch pre-existing resources (for haste, it would be everything using slow opcode -items, innates, whatever) to remove secondary types.

I'll edit StF green scroll to correctly work, and it can be made so that it cures both the new SR petrification (via sec type) and any eventual vanilla-like effect (old cure petrification opcode).

For Haste and Slow there's no issue afaik. Non-SR variants of these two effects not using the custom sec type still counter each other via opcode as per vanilla (aka, not fully counter), while the IR/SR variants can finally fully counter each other.

I know I'm "late to the party", but I'd love to be able to give the beta a whirl. I'm about to start a trilogy EE run and would really like to use SR with it. Being able to help out and test at the same time would just be a bonus - so hopefully I'm not too late! :)

I know I'm "late to the party", but I'd love to be able to give the beta a whirl. I'm about to start a trilogy EE run and would really like to use SR with it. Being able to help out and test at the same time would just be a bonus - so hopefully I'm not too late! :)

I'm late to answer instead. :D Check your PMs.