SR V4 Open Beta (last update 25 October 2018)

So you're saying anytime there's a patch I need to uninstall my mods and reinstall them and it should work?

Not quite, but instead, anytime there's a patch, you need to decide if you wish to update.

If you don't, you just play offline.

If you wish to update, you need to just reinstall the game with the update(as in uninstall the game, delete the game folder and reinstall the game which applies the patch or wait until the patch is applied), then mod the game and restart the campaign(the last thing usually is the reason why you don't wish to update).

I wanted to try this out again now that the BG:EE patch 1.3 is up and running. The link I have from a couple months ago says the spell revisions mod hasn't been changed in 2 months. Is there a newer version with a different link or is that one still correct?

Edited by ManBearPig

I wanted to try this out again now that the BG:EE patch 1.3 is up and running. The link I have from a couple months ago says the spell revisions mod hasn't been changed in 2 months. Is there a newer version with a different link or is that one still correct?

Those links are still valid, but a new build of both IR and SR will be available before 2015. ;)

Those links are still valid, but a new build of both IR and SR will be available before 2015. ;)

I do hope you mean that Demi :D

I have located a problem with trolls not being killable in the new version of BG2:EE and it seems to be down to a problem with SR. V.4 Beta. I had made a full install with all my mods, and first thought the problem would be with KR, but after testing I have narrowed it down to SR.

With only the SR beta installed I can no longer kill trolls in the new version of BG2:EE. Any idea what might cause it?

Doing a new playthrough, possible to get a link to v4 to test?

Sure, I'll send you a PM. I can give you the links right away but you may want to wait 1-2 days for the new builds to be up.

Un-killable Trolls

I have located a problem with trolls not being killable in the new version of BG2:EE and it seems to be down to a problem with SR. V.4 Beta. I had made a full install with all my mods, and first thought the problem would be with KR, but after testing I have narrowed it down to SR.

With only the SR beta installed I can no longer kill trolls in the new version of BG2:EE. Any idea what might cause it?

WTF? o.O

SR doesn't directly touch troll cre files, and afaik it should not affect them at all even with its patching components, thus I find it hard to believe SR can do anything about it, but it's surely worth investigating.

Can you be more specific? They don't "go down" or they don't die after "going down" (aka the secondary cre file for 1hp trolls is un-killable)? Do trolls worked fine on a plain BG2EE install?

Un-killable Trolls

Do trolls worked fine on a plain BG2EE install?

And were you aware that the v1.3 update could have touched some of this, so it could be that you have to start a new game to make sure none of that is involved in this...

Un-killable Trolls

Trolls go down as supposed and can then be killed on vanilla BG2:EE install with latest patch. After installing SR, however, the troll no longer drops down to be finished off. Even using ctrl-Y doesn't do the trick.

I have had the same problem on an old save file and a completely new safe file.

My Weidu log is:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #0 // Spell Revisions: v4 Beta 7
~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #10 // Deva and Planetar Animations: v4 Beta 7
~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #20 // Mirror Image Fix: v4 Beta 7
~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #30 // Dispel Magic Fix: v4 Beta 7
~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #50 // Remove Disabled Spells from Spell Selection Screens: v4 Beta 7
~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #60 // Spell Deflection blocks AoE spells: v4 Beta 7
~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #70 // Update Spellbooks of Joinable NPCs: v4 Beta 7
Edited by janoha

3 hours till 2015 here, so I thought maybe Demi could gift me a link to the latest beta of Spell & Item revisions? Pretty pleeeeaaaaaase... I can't play anymore without those awesome mods >_<

My girlfriend "convinced" me to celebrate this new year's eve out (I never cared about this festivity) but if I don't drink too much you will indeed start the new year with those links. ;)

Edited by Demivrgvs

I'm a bit surprised here Demi. The links are not yet up because there's still some work left?

Nope, the dinner is still being cooked ... :D

Jokes aside, you should take a bit of my (im)patience and run with it -ouh sorry, that was a joke too. It slipped.