SR V4 Open Beta (last update 25 October 2018)

Hey Demi, I'm WeiDU-fying an improved encounters mod I've made a long time ago, and I was thinking if you could give me access to the beta to add compatibility with SR (mostly because of the scripts and spell picks), and to play with it in my next BGT install (because the actual one is also lacking SpellPackB6, Oversight and Refinments). Same for IR (which didn't escape my current BGT, but it's buried deep in the WeiDU.log). Thanks for your work man!

Hey demi, can I have access to both item revisions and spell revisions? I'm working on a mod and would like to make it compatible with the revisions mods asap!

Also, I just can't wait anymore as well! :p

I'll send you a PM with the links. :)

Web

Web shouldn't have that slowing effect. It appears the item spiders wear has immunity to web effects (overlay, hold, paralyze) but not the spell itself, resulting in them moving slowly through their own webs.

SR's Web has a specific IDS check to make spiders immune to it, could those spiders have wrong race.ids? We could also try giving those race specific EFFs 1 sec duration but they always worked fine with 0 sec except in this case.

Web

Web shouldn't have that slowing effect. It appears the item spiders wear has immunity to web effects (overlay, hold, paralyze) but not the spell itself, resulting in them moving slowly through their own webs.

SR's Web has a specific IDS check to make spiders immune to it, could those spiders have wrong race.ids? We could also try giving those race specific EFFs 1 sec duration but they always worked fine with 0 sec except in this case.

No, they're all spider race.

I'm a bit surprised here Demi. The links are not yet up because there's still some work left?

There's no "modding work" left but there was a lot of packaging stuff to do (the most annoying and time consuming thing) which I planned to finish yesterday. Instead I left home before lunch and I returned this morning at 4 a.m. :D

I just woke up but I should be able to package IR during the day and SR during the night. I owe it to all of you. ;)

I am actually not sure what's happening.

Is the packaging stuff left to do halting the releases or is it that after all there is modding work left? :)

Salk, it will be out when it's out. Insisting won't do much.

I am not insisting on anything. I just wish to understand. Or do you mean to say you know what's happening?

In that case, please explain what this means (quoting Demivrgvs in chronological order):

Those links are still valid, but a new build of both IR and SR will be available before 2015. ;)

My girlfriend "convinced" me to celebrate this new year's eve out (I never cared about this festivity) but if I don't drink too much you will indeed start the new year with those links. ;)

There's no "modding work" left but there was a lot of packaging stuff to do (the most annoying and time consuming thing) which I planned to finish yesterday. Instead I left home before lunch and I returned this morning at 4 a.m. :D

I just woke up but I should be able to package IR during the day and SR during the night. I owe it to all of you. ;)

@beta testers, it's taking a bit longer than I thought :( but the time I'm taking is worth it imo, you'll see. ;)

I didn't even think we were speaking of Beta releases here. I was under the impression it was going to be official ones.

I don't need to be lectured so I'd rather you don't talk to me with that tone.

Edited by Salk

I'm not lecturing you. If I did I would have used other words, I assure you.

Just take a look at this topic or the topic on IR. (I read all those topics, each page to see the development)

Demiurgus gave so many ETAs that you can't even imagine. Just take a look at this post...

http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=26373&p=223154

this was on MAY and IR was supposed to be out already in that time. So keeping to ask won't do harm, but it won't net you any result. That's what I meant.

Edit: you know, after reading this post, it could be karma, couldn't be?

http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=26373&p=223158

Even if I didn't lecture you, you know for sweet justice I could say that I was lecturing you. Ow yes.

So, let me tell you:

the timing is really off.
This V4 has been in the works for years and the development took a bad turn so I think Demi's original comeback plan is the way to go.

Woops. That's your original post. Let me tweak it a bit:

This V4 has been in the works for years and the development took a bad turn so just wait another month or two and your timing is really off given the fact that we are still on holidays, can't you?

Edited by Scourge

I <3 Demi.

Also, ETA:s are for suckers. Demi should just have adopted the semi-official adage that Paradox development (Crusader Kings, Hearts of Iron, Europe Universalis et al) have regarding patches:

A patch is never late! Nor is it ever early. It arrives precisely when I mean it to do!

- in every "When does X come out?" thread ever Edited by Dakk

I <3 Demi. Also, ETA:s are for suckers

Try and have that attitude at work when you are expected to deliver within a time frame and let's see what they tell you.

But I guess not many would call their boss sucker when they ask why you missed deadlines.

Edited by Salk

Knowing Demi (though just very little) he's struggelin' finishin' his great work, so Salk is right giving Demi the final push :p

I'm very pleased with the hard work Demi put into IR & SR. KR is probably also coming soonish. Then we'll have Quest Revision or even a Monster Revision to go for. Heck if Demi was unemployed he'd surely know what to do.

I <3 Demi. Also, ETA:s are for suckers

Try and have that attitude at work when you are expected to deliver within a time frame and let's see what they tell you.

But I guess not many would call their boss sucker when they ask why you missed deadlines.

At work you're getting paid to do your job, so of course there are expectations. Your boss/employer is expecting a return on the money they pay you.

Unless I'm much mistaken, Demi is doing those mods in his free time for no pay. I dont think it's fair to hold him to any higher expectations than what he sets for himself.