SR V4 Open Beta (last update 25 October 2018)

At work you're getting paid to do your job, so of course there are expectations. Your boss/employer is expecting a return on the money they pay you.

Unless I'm much mistaken, Demi is doing those mods in his free time for no pay. I dont think it's fair to hold him to any higher expectations than what he sets for himself.

I know people like to make the distinction but I don't really buy it. I find it to be a very materialistic view.

It's a matter of respect in the end, really. And respect has nothing to do with money, in my world. The fact that you are doing something for free doesn't earn you the right to carelessly break deadlines that you publicly and voluntarily announced - if you do, you cannot really expect people to disregard them else what's the point of making them known?

The Black Mesa team announced once their mod would be out by the end of a certain year. They failed the deadline. And they took the right decision of never again announce any release until they were 100% sure to meet their deadline. There is a reason why they did that.

I'm not making a case against Demi here but talking in general.

I believe I am to him and other modders at least as grateful as you or Scrounge are, not to mention I contributed ideas and have actively participated to the ongoing discussions. I don't really need any kind of flattery towards a person that already knows I personally regard in high esteem. But maybe others do.

Edited by Salk

Ok, guys don't fight, it's not what this thread is for. I'm sure Demi is throw us something any time soon:) Please do remember that he's not doing it alone and certain parts of code are being handled by others (if I understood it right).

Salk, for me the deal is sealed. I apologize if you thought that I was attacking you personally. In the second part of post I taunted you a bit, but nothing too extreme and I wasn't serious.

Anyway, what? Did I read well? Quest revisions? Explain please.. AHAH

Did I read well? Quest revisions? Explain please.. AHAH

Well, it's the concept that since there's already a spell, item and kit revision, why not thrown in a quest, creature, map and so forth revision mods too, there's plenty of stuff to revise and "make it better"... the quests would have more than one ending, and ways to go to do them.

I <3 Demi. Also, ETA:s are for suckers

Try and have that attitude at work when you are expected to deliver within a time frame and let's see what they tell you.

But I guess not many would call their boss sucker when they ask why you missed deadlines.

I of course don't have that attitude at work :p But I give modders a lot of leeway with their estimates. I'd rather have a happy modder that gives us a complete mod than a burned out bitter one that never finishes.

Salk, for me the deal is sealed. I apologize if you thought that I was attacking you personally. In the second part of post I taunted you a bit, but nothing too extreme and I wasn't serious.

No need for apologies but thanks for the offer. Case closed.