SR V4 Open Beta (last update 25 October 2018)

Doing a new playthrough, possible to get a link to v4 to test?

Sure, I'll send you a PM. I can give you the links right away but you may want to wait 1-2 days for the new builds to be up.

Yeah it seems like Demi forgot :p I'll send you a link.

Doing a new playthrough, possible to get a link to v4 to test?

Sure, I'll send you a PM. I can give you the links right away but you may want to wait 1-2 days for the new builds to be up.

Yeah it seems like Demi forgot :p I'll send you a link.

While you're at it, Dakk (or Demi)... Any chance you could slip one my way? I'm starting a new run soon and would love a chance to use/test the newest build.

Thanks!

I'm resisting giving into frustration here, but is this going to be like last year? It has started the same way.

Your frustration would be understandable, but the answer is NO, it's not going to end like that. Since last year a lot of progress has been made afaik. The current builds work almost flawlessly with EE games, they just cannot be released officially because of mandatory stuff for a thing like that such as having a new readme, updated language translations,etc.

Anyway, I don't want to promise anything anymore, but I'm at home tomorrow (first time since the new year) thus something should happen. ;)

Hey Demi..

Have you been able to confirm the problems I reported with trolls being unkillable? It seems Hicuty also experinced the issue.

It's quite the gamebreaker so I would like to know if someone here has any idea what might have caused it?

As I said, I had only the newest beta version of SR installed on a freshly patched BG2:EE.

Hey Demi..

Have you been able to confirm the problems I reported with trolls being unkillable? It seems Hicuty also experinced the issue.

It's quite the gamebreaker so I would like to know if someone here has any idea what might have caused it?

As I said, I had only the newest beta version of SR installed on a freshly patched BG2:EE.

I couldn't reproduce the issue. You said that without SR trolls were working fine on plain EE, correct? The thing is that SR doesn't directly touch trolls at all thus I have no clue what could cause something like that.

@Kreso, can you reproduce the issue?

Hi! Can I please get a link for the SRV4 beta?

Sure, I'll send you a PM.

@Kreso, can you reproduce the issue?

Can't. No 1.3 Patch. No EE2 install. Removed from HD. :(

What people could do is either running a change-log on one of the "SR - unkillable trolls" or run a Near Infinity check on their scripts.

Maybe, but it's a long shot - how did you people try to kill the trolls? If it's Melf's Acid Arrow/Flame Arrow spells I think I know what might be causing the problem (damage blocks where PIERCING is afflicted first in block might not work nice with EE tweaks to Trolls).

If you can hit them by anything else (i.e. an Acid arrow - NOT spell) and they still don't die then I'm lost.

Edited by kreso

Unkillable trolls

I tried killing them normally with melee and I tried with spells. They won't die from ctrl+y either. The problem is that they do not enter the death animation.

I just tried reinstalling again. As before only using SR with the latest beta.

The troll gets down to near death and can no longer be damaged by my weapon. It does not drop down and continues attacking.

I can't kill it with flame arrow, melf's acid arrow or ctrl+y.

The problem is not present without SR.

I am sorry I cannot present some more useful analysis but the modding of BG is really not my forte :p

Ok. I'll do a re-install of EE2, run the update, install beta on it and see what going on. Some time tomorrow, it's time to watch Interstellar. :D

Great! I'll be around for sure tomorrow, ready to work on it if you'll discover anything. Thanks man! :)

Time to go eat some sushi here! ;)

Done I think.

Download this, put into your override folder in EE2 folder, and go clear De'Arnise, report if there are any trolls "unkillable". We'll slay them yet.

@Demi - there's something odd with STATE_SLEEPING that SR changes somehow. Any idea what happens? Why is this used on EE to kill trolls is beyond me....

EDIT:

Fwiw, the whole "first I drop, then I'm unkillable if not hit by fire/acid, and if you don't do it in a set ammount of time I regenerate to uninjured status" thingie trolls have is unbearingly stupid.

Edit2:

Oh my. So many trolls with differently named scripts, which do the same thing. doh.gif

I'll work through it tomorrow.

Edited by kreso

@Demi - there's something odd with STATE_SLEEPING that SR changes somehow. Any idea what happens? Why is this used on EE to kill trolls is beyond me....

I haven't touched the STATE_SLEEPING...maybe it's ToBEx hack to make Sleep work as intended? o.O

Fwiw, the whole "first I drop, then I'm unkillable if not hit by fire/acid, and if you don't do it in a set ammount of time I regenerate to uninjured status" thingie trolls have is unbearingly stupid.

I agree, it's incredibly stupid. If it was for me I would give them high regen, high dmg res, and vulnerability to acid/fire. But with Arda almost never around even for IR/SR I do think Creature Revisions is definitely out of question. :(

They changed something with how trolls die in the most recent EE2 patch. It is somewhere in their big patch notes document.

First they destroy my implementation of True Fighter's Weapon Training, now this...EE developers clearly hate me. Edited by Demivrgvs