SR V4 Open Beta (last update 25 October 2018)

Ummm....let's see now. I think I narrowed down the cause of the issue to "Dispel Magic Fix" component of SR.. It's probably the part about dispellable items. I'll look into it further and see what's going on.

Can EE people try uninstalling this component and see if trolls die (and save me from script editing :D )? They do on my install.

Afaik, Dispel Fix should be on EE by default, no?

If that is so, @Demi, deprive this component from EE users.

If errors still occur, I can do several things:

a) remove minHP from trolls (probably best, since it removes the annoyance factor)

b) change scripts fully(a lot of work, since each type of troll has a custom to account for specific XP granted)

Not installing the component "Fix dispel magic" makes the trolls work as intended.

I'm glad we tracked down the issue...but still...WTF? How are the two things connected? Does EE use some dispellable "magic weapon" on downed trolls? o.O

Afaik, Dispel Fix should be on EE by default, no?

Afaik, not to a full extent like SR+ToBex, but I'm not the best expert of EE.

Icewind dale spells

Oh yeah Demi.. Is there any possibility of porting some of the unique druid spells from IWD:EE to SR? I think some of the spells like Bear Claws, Thorn Spray etc. would go very well with the SR druid.

I'm already working on expanding Druid's spellbook, see here.

Edited by Demivrgvs

Icewind dale spells

Link doesn't work but I assume it is the "New Divine Spells" thread? I thought a lot of the planned spells had to be cancelled since you couldn't get Pacek to make the icons and bams?

Like AS 1-7 for instance..

Edited by janoha

That fixes it.

Great.

Ok, here's what's up:

Dispel fix has this piece of code for every .spl file in the game:

// kill 'remove item' opcode
// note: this one isn't very elegant, but the chance of it potentially ruining something seems too low // hahahahahhahahahahaha :p
PATCH_IF (found_dispel=1) BEGIN
SET opcode_to_delete = 112
LAUNCH_PATCH_MACRO DELETE_SPELL_EFFECT
END
Now, the .spl trollreg.spl needs to keep this. The thing is, this spell makes trolls immune to sleep (and a number of other things).
Since troll scripts are changed to this simple piece of code to make them killable....:
IF
StateCheck(Myself,STATE_SLEEPING)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
NoAction()
END
...and they'd remain sleep-invurnerable due to SR patching trollreg. spell. If they're sleep-invurneralble, the StateCheck will never return true, and you got a troll that can't be put down.
Now, someone Weidu hackish can (I guess) add a piece of code which excludes trollreg.spl from the piece of code patching spells in dispellable_items.tpa.

// kill 'remove item' opcode

// note: this one isn't very elegant, but the chance of it potentially ruining something seems too low // hahahahahhahahahahaha :p

To be fair to the author (Ardanis?), the chance of it breaking something was pretty low. If you try to cover every possible exception, you'll never get anything done.

Demi, you've forgotten to send the link via PM.

Now, someone Weidu hackish can (I guess) add a piece of code which excludes trollreg.spl from the piece of code patching spells in dispellable_items.tpa.

PATCH_IF found_dispel=1 && "%SOURCE_RES%" STR_CMP trollreg BEGIN
  SET opcode_to_delete = 112
  LAUNCH_PATCH_MACRO DELETE_SPELL_EFFECT
END
(that should be enough :D)