SR V4 Open Beta (last update 25 October 2018)

@subtledoctor thanks for reporting, even minor things like this are important imo. ;)

- Death Spell has been "replaced" by Banishment so Abjuration is correct here

- cloud spells belong to Conjuration within SR

Ah - I was looking at the spell.ids name I guess.

Banishment is currently school: Necromancy and animation: Abjuration. So then I guess the school is mistaken.

Incendiary cloud is school: Invocation and animation: Conjuration. Same thing.

Also my copy doesn't have many of the new proposed spells (Force Missiles, all the stuff in the "new for v4" thread). Just want to make sure I'm using the latest beta - I don't want to report things that have already been fixed. My copy has a changelog that runs through October '14, and then a bunch of "to do" items.

EDIT: okay per kreso I'm using the correct version so I'll keep reporting anything I find.

Edited by subtledoctor

@beta testers, a new build is up but wait for tomorrow when I post the new change-log before using the usual link again. I need kreso to check a few things first.

Any room for more beta testers? I wouldn't mind trying out the beta version for myself and helping out :D

Sure, I'll send you a PM. ;)

Edited by Demivrgvs

@Demi, I tried the link you posted for testers just barely for SR. On both BGEE and BG2 installs I get this error when I'm installing:

ERROR: error loading [spell_rev\projectles\punhlst]

Stopping installation because of error.

Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [spell Revisions], rolling back to previous state

Will uninstall 257 files for [sPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2] component 0.

Will uninstall 257 files for [sPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2] component 0.

ERROR: Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", "spell_rev\\projectles\\punlst")

Now I am using just the BWS independent installation for both BGEE and BG2 (no mods just copies of the games installed). This method with the previous beta build worked fine using those methods. Also tried a fresh BG2 install with the same error coming up. Now I know you said to wait for the change-log to come out but I can't imagine that would fix the error. Course I don't do modding so who knows.

Edited by matronicus

Demi, here's the bugs:

- Mestil's won't play animation due to 0 probability chance (the animation it should be playing is fairly odd btw. Sure you chose the right one?)

- That 1st level jump spell is very cool. This is not a bug. :)

- Mind Blank - should this protect one from Oracle? AI uses Oracle far more than TS to counter invisibility. It's detectable by 2 states - Chaotic Commands + Deflection. Imo, it would be better off as SI:Enchantment, making it detectable as Deflection way it will keep you safe from things that it shouldn't (Flame Arrows, Lighting, Magic missile - all targeted spells actually).

Demi, here's the bugs:

- Mestil's won't play animation due to 0 probability chance (the animation it should be playing is fairly odd btw. Sure you chose the right one?)

- That 1st level jump spell is very cool. This is not a bug. :)

- Mind Blank - should this protect one from Oracle? AI uses Oracle far more than TS to counter invisibility. It's detectable by 2 states - Chaotic Commands + Deflection. Imo, it would be better off as SI:Enchantment, making it detectable as Deflection way it will keep you safe from things that it shouldn't (Flame Arrows, Lighting, Magic missile - all targeted spells actually).

- LOL it's using Ball Lightning's animation (aka the old SR's Storm Shield). Fixed.

- :) D&D 5th edition put it at lvl 2, but I think lvl 1 suits it even more and I have much more space there too anyway. :D

- well, conceptually Mind Blank should work against Oracle, making it a sort of Chaotic Command + Non-detection. Considering its spell lvl I didn't thought it could be a balance problem, was I wrong? Making DS detect is as SI:Ench makes sense considering we wanted it to "secretly" replace that for AI use.

Btw, I'll quickly fix a couple of things, add a few more things and re-upload it asap during the evening.

Considering its spell lvl I didn't thought it could be a balance problem, was I wrong? Making DS detect is as SI:Ench makes sense considering we wanted it to "secretly" replace that for AI use.

Making a spell grant immunity to Oracle but not True Seeing is a pain to handle, probably impossible for AI to acknowledge.

AI won't use the spell referenced under it's spell name, ever. There isn't a single oponnent using SI:Ench (spwi593.spl) or spwi802.spl.

Shame, when you think of it's power against PWs....hmm. Any chance some AI used prebuff spell could be "replaced" by this thingie?

Currenty, it's detected as Chaotic Commands (SCS would use Breach) and as Spell Defelction (SCS would use spell removals). This would actually work out fine (SCS would use some spell removal to get rid of it, since Deflection prevents Breach), however at the same time the PC under it wouldn't be considered a valid target for single target damage spells. Hence, SI:Ench is probably the best way to detect it.

The new build is up. There's quite a few "prototype stuff" there to test, thus I hope to get some feedback. :) The next build shout not take long, it will contain A LOT of stuff for druid lovers. ;)

V4 - Beta 8 (9 February 2015)

- fixed an issue with Dispel Fix component making EE trolls "immortal"

- minor fixes (e.g. EE string references, GSD scroll, AoF stacking, casting animations, etc.)

- fixed an issue with Talos Priest's Storm Shield not appearing under the innate abilities

- Faerie Fire reveals invisible creatures with no save (-2 AC and full II dispel still allow a save)

- Contagion requires multiple saves over time, each fail causes -2 penalty to STR/DEX/CON/CHA

- Holy Smite affects all enemies, school changed to Evocation, save penalty removed

- Unholy Blight affects all enemies, save penalty removed

- Farsight now also reveals the whole map (pratically vanilla's Clairvoyance + Farsight)

- Negative Plane Protection duration reduced to 5 turns, restricted to clerics

- True Seeing fully counters IR's Cloak of Mirroring (the latter is "disabled" for 1 round every round)

- Blade Barrier dmg slightly raised from 1d6 to 1d8, description fixed (no save instead of breath half)

- Animate Skeleton Warrior no longer available to good aligned clerics

- False Dawn now available to good aligned clerics

- Summon Death Knight no longer available to good aligned clerics

- Sunray now available to good aligned clerics

- Holy Word affects all enemies, blindness/stun duration reduced from 10 to 5 and 1 round respectively

- Unholy Word affects all enemies, reduced disabling duration as above, stun replaced with confusion

- Dimension Door added to mage 1st lvl spells (keeps LoS limitation, may be renamed Dimension Step)

- Obscuring Mist penalties to melee/ranged attacks reduced to -2 and -6 respectively, countered by TS

- Shield protects from IR's Wand of Magic Missile

- Haste no longer affect poison/regen/repeating EFFs, thac0/AC/save bonuses raised by 1, single target

- Spirit Armor uses a unique animation (it had Armor of Faith one), grants +3 to saves vs. death

- Fire Shield (Blue) temporarily disabled

- Mestil's Acid Sheath added to mage 5th lvl spells

- Disintegrate save changed from vs. spell to vs. breath

- Improved Haste now works as a slighty improved "mass Haste" (no fatigue, cannot be countered by Slow)

- Mordenkainen's Sword physical res lowered to 95%

- Prismatic Mantle immunity lowered to +2 weapons (as per vanilla Mantle)

- Mind Blank added to mage 8th lvl spells (replaces the previously added Gr. Globe of Invulnerability)

- PW:Kill secondary effect vs creatures with 60+ HPs no longer has -4 save penalty

Edited by Demivrgvs

Mestil (spwi403) still has wrong animation, Mestil (spwi526) is set to play the animation that doesn't exist (it should be mestsh.bam). Imp.Haste cast from Wish (spwish36, spwish37, spwish40) is still vanilla, as is Stalker version of it.

Thinking of it, this Wish spell should probably be reworked slightly....

- Dimension Door added to mage 1st lvl spells (keeps LoS limitation, may be renamed Dimension Step)

Woah. Isn't that too cheesy? Will SCS mages actually use it Davaeorn-style?

- Fire Shield (Blue) temporarily disabled

Wai ):? I've probably missed a discussion somewhere.

Keep up the good work Demi.

Edited by n-ghost

Also, can you dodge spells or projectiles with DD?

What happens if mage DDs away when spell is:

1) being cast at him?

2) the cast was finished and mage uses DD the moment spell is about to hit him?

This can open a very interesting new layer of mechanics.

Will SCS mages actually use it Davaeorn-style?

No. SCS will use these spells only:

Color Spray (scripts say it would be used, but I never seen it happen tbh)

Obsucring Mist (aka Blindness) - fairly common

Magic Missile - very common

Shield - very common

Sleep - common in BG1

Chill Touch (maybe Ghoul from level 2, can't remember) - rarely

Chromatic Orb - very common

Larloch's drain - I think Necro-specific

Spook - not very common

Scripting for DD would be a pain to code (not even Davaeorn with custom script is too bright where to teleport - the only edge he has over the party is his level (11) and his AoE chunking spells).

Also, can you dodge spells or projectiles with DD?

What happens if ...

It depends on the projectile. Some of them are fire and forget while others are I'll follow you if I can, as in, it depends on the projectile speed... In BG1, the Fireball was fire and forget, so even if you hasted out of the area behind a wall, you still got squashed after the animation was done.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola