SR V4 Open Beta (last update 25 October 2018)

Also, can you dodge spells or projectiles with DD?

What happens if mage DDs away when spell is:

1) being cast at him?

2) the cast was finished and mage uses DD the moment spell is about to hit him?

This can open a very interesting new layer of mechanics.

Don't count on this to protect you.

Mestil (spwi403) still has wrong animation, Mestil (spwi526) is set to play the animation that doesn't exist (it should be mestsh.bam).

Kill me please. Fixed. I'll re-upload in a minute. (Edit: done)

Imp.Haste cast from Wish (spwish36, spwish37, spwish40) is still vanilla, as is Stalker version of it.

Thinking of it, this Wish spell should probably be reworked slightly...

I willingly left them out for now because I thought it was a waste of time until we are 100% sure of how we want Haste and Improved Haste to perform but I can include them for the next build.

Yeah man, I agree Wish should be tweaked but I'm scared to tackle it. :D For example I don't even remember why it has 3 different versions of Improved Haste...

Fire Shield (Blue) temporarily disabled

Wai ):? I've probably missed a discussion somewhere.

For various reasons:

- it's the quickest way to make the AI automatically use the new spell against you

- I needed an in-game scroll to make the spell available to players without manually adding it somewhere

- I needed space for 4th lvl spells (I still assume 24 spells limit) and removing one which already has a twin spell at the same lvl seemed the best pick

- I never liked FS(Blue) obscuring FS(Red) because of its "better dmg type"

That being said, the spell may be restored sooner or later IF the two Fire Shields can be merged into a single spell, but I think the Spell Immunity like menu still has a few unresolved bugs/issues.

Also, can you dodge spells or projectiles with DD?

What happens if mage DDs away when spell is:

1) being cast at him?

2) the cast was finished and mage uses DD the moment spell is about to hit him?

This can open a very interesting new layer of mechanics.

It depends on the spell projectile, but when I tested V3 DD I do remember I could dodge a few spells and/or foil enemy casting (I specifically added an opcode to make the caster temporarily "not targetable" when he cast DD). Edited by Demivrgvs

It depends on the spell projectile, but when I tested V3 DD I do remember I could dodge a few spells and/or foil enemy casting (I specifically added an opcode to make the caster temporarily "not targetable" when he cast DD).

Thanks, this sounds very cool.

Can I get latest SR and IR betas too please? Or there will be a new release soon?

Demi, you messed up Haste spells. Level 3 version has "any point within range" target but no projectile, so it doesn't do anything. :D

Level 6 version has "living actor" per target instead "any point within range". Speaking of which, Creeping Doom should also be castable on ground.

Also, haste fatigue should make one immune to "re-hasting" him. I'd also vote for movement speed bonus used on Grandmaster armor (+9), not set to 200% (this is subjective ofc).

Actually, for some odd reason, set to 200% doesn't do squat. :rolleyes:

Edited by kreso

@n-ghost as Dakk says you should already have the links to the latest builds, don't you?

@zenblack, Obscuring Mist still needs a lot of feedback. The nerf to -2/-6 has been done because they made me notice -4/-8 was making it work as an Improved Defensive Harmony (which is a 4th lvl spell) and the spell doesn't obscure close range vision too much (line of sight is only halved). I'm also still not sold on the "party friendly" state, albeit it makes AI life waay better.

@kreso, I'm an idiot, I fixed scrolls targeting (which requires more changes) but not the spl ones (which takes like 1 second). :D Anyway, fixed and already re-uploaded. :)

What do you mean with "set 200% doesn't do squat"? I can do what I did with the armor (did I do that for a reason? I seem to recall something like better animation) but it would ne an accurate 200% mov rate for certain characters (e.g. barbarians).

Edited by Demivrgvs

What do you mean with "set 200% doesn't do squat"? I can do what I did with the armor (did I do that for a reason? I seem to recall something like better animation) but it would ne an accurate 200% mov rate for certain characters (e.g. barbarians).

Yeah, the animation looks more "fluid" or "normal", if you want. I don't know if it's specific to my install (shouldn't be, since I have only Revisions+SCS) or what, but the character doesn't move one bit faster than without Haste on himself.

I can do what I did with the armor (did I do that for a reason? I seem to recall something like better animation) but it would ne an accurate 200% mov rate for certain characters (e.g. barbarians).

Yeah, the animation looks more "fluid" or "normal", if you want.

I'll try it myself asap. If it indeed looks more fluid I think we can ignore the "issue" I mentioned. Even for a Barbarian the difference between +9 and set 200% is probably almost impossible to notice.

Btw, the re-uploaded build also fixed the "self targeting". ;)