SR V4 Open Beta (last update 25 October 2018)

Beta Bugs: Original BG2

Hold Animal or Person (Lv3 Druid) counts as a mage spell, can be detected by Cowled Wizards.

Raise Dead Scroll: Raises the dead but as a yellow circle that cannot be interacted with. Interesting thing is Rod of Ressurection has the same effect. However, spells like Raise Dead, Harper's Call, and Ressurection work fine, as well as Raising from a Temple. This might need to be posted in IR.

Edited by zenblack

Hold Animal or Person (Lv3 Druid) counts as a mage spell, can be detected by Cowled Wizards.

How can a spell cast from a Druid count as mage spell? It is flagged as "priest spell - exclusion flag cleric". Can anyone reproduce this issue? o.O

Raise Dead Scroll: Raises the dead but as a yellow circle that cannot be interacted with. Interesting thing is Rod of Ressurection has the same effect. However, spells like Raise Dead, Harper's Call, and Ressurection work fine, as well as Raising from a Temple. This might need to be posted in IR.

Another very odd thing. Raise Dead Scroll casts the original sppr504, thus having the former not work when the latter does is kinda odd. o.O

P.S Sorry if the new build isn't up yet (it should have been yesterday) but my bathroom "exploded" and when I don't work I either help building the new one or going around buying all kind of stuff for it. :( I'll try to find some time to package it this Friday.

How can a spell cast from a Druid count as mage spell? It is flagged as "priest spell - exclusion flag cleric". Can anyone reproduce this issue? o.O

I believe that in the case you cast spells that cast other spells via effect(opcode #146 and #148), and that spell then is set to be Wizard's(headers offset 0x001c flagged as 1), the Cowled get summoned. This has been in many mods earlier... and fixed in most.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

I believe that in the case you cast spells that cast other spells via effect(opcode #146 and #148), and that spell then is set to be Wizard's(headers offset 0x001c flagged as 1), the Cowled get summoned. This has been in many mods earlier... and fixed in most.

Yeah but Charm Person and Animal doesn't cast a sub-spell. The only thing I can think of is NWN-style Spell Deflection patching code which does indeed make all AoE spells work with a shell-system. I'll ask Crevs to check it if he can.

Yeah but Charm Person and Animal doesn't cast a sub-spell. The only thing I can think of is NWN-style Spell Deflection patching code which does indeed make all AoE spells work with a shell-system. I'll ask Crevs to check it if he can.

Found it. just hang on a minute...

I think i've fixed it:

(right now it also corrects mis-tagged spells, but there's no bug here)

nwn_spell_deflection.txt

Also, Demi, check offset 0x1c not 0x1e ;)

0x1c should be 1 for Wizard, 2 for Priest.

Edited by CrevsDaak

Guys i ve got a question.

So as you can remember many demons in SCS have at will abilities.

For example, in SCS glabrezus had confusion, remove magic and power word stun at will.

Spell revisions seem to override at will thing and replace it with "at will once per 5 rounds".

Do spell revisions do that for all demons, even non summonable like (now non summonable) nabassus, corungons etc?

Can we have a readme on that and possibly an option to choose "at will" or "at will every 5 rounds"?

Also, i quite like the new spell deflections aka NWN's spell mantle. Does the Spell trap also protect from AOE or not?

EDIT: also, while i like the demon knight, i kinda miss the old lvl 7 fiend summon, the SCS' Nabassu. Its kinda a bit more in line with lvl 8 and lvl 9 ones because its a big winged horned creature and all.

Edited by geg_Ma3gau

Just lurking about...

Found it. just hang on a minute...

I think i've fixed it:

Does it work in-game? The clone doesn't change the spell type, it is copied from the original.

What I changed only fixes spells with a miss-tagged spell type. The spell type is defined alongside the assoc. array (1 for Wizard 2 for Priest, like what the engine expects) and it is written into both copies. So you can easily define this as a redundant change :)

A question on dealing with enemy mages. I'm using SCS + Spell rev and sometimes, mages use non-detection + Improved invisibilities. In plain SCS, I could get around the similar combo of immunity:div + Improved invis with thief detect but in spell rev, it says that non-detection protects against that too. So, how do I deal with this?

A question on dealing with enemy mages. I'm using SCS + Spell rev and sometimes, mages use non-detection + Improved invisibilities. In plain SCS, I could get around the similar combo of immunity:div + Improved invis with thief detect but in spell rev, it says that non-detection protects against that too. So, how do I deal with this?

First, you must remove dispelling screen which may be layered beneath spell shield and/or spell turning/deflection/trap. Then, you hit the mage with dispel/remove magic so that you dispel his non detection.

Edited by geg_Ma3gau

Wait - how do you remove the dispelling screen if the guy's invisible? I hope this isn't an instance where the AI can become invulnerable. The game's only fun when you can use problem-solving abilities to overcome stuff. (That's why stupid PFMW needs to be torn from SCS' clenched hands and murdered and thrown out with the trash... ahem - I greyed out there, what happened?)

(Man, I really need to get all this stuff installed and do some testing. If my Elven Archer's Faerie Fire arrows can bypass all that and turn the wizard visible... that would be pretty boss.)

Edited by subtledoctor

First, you must remove dispelling screen which may be layered beneath spell shield and/or spell turning/deflection/trap. Then, you hit the mage with dispel/remove magic so that you dispel his non detection.

No, it doesn't work that way anymore. Non-detection gives you safety only until you break your fully invisible state (and later, if you become fully invisible again).

After you're partially visible, casters with True Seeing will be able to target you (Liches, Dragons and some others have this ability by default).

The spell is also missing "immunity to effect" 116, Detect invisible, thus thieves will still be able to remove invisibility. This is a bug.

pfmw - Protection from Magical Weapons

Edited by kreso