SR V4 Open Beta (last update 25 October 2018)

Thanks for all the feedback Kreso, between today and tomorrow I'll do my best to package a new build for SR but it's cool to see that most of the current stuff look in a really good shape.

Summons

I kind of feel they're all too good. But that's probably subjective.

There is a HUGE revamp planned for the whole summoning spell system (it's a bit outdated but the discussion was here) thus if you wish to give more feedback I'm interested. In particular:

- which summons feel really too good? What makes them such (e.g. too tough? too powerful for its spell level? etc)?

- which ones are not appealing at all? What makes them such (e.g. much better picks at same level, no role/niche, etc.)

I hope for most summons it won't be necessary a heavy reshape (e.g. I already agreed on lowering hit points of quite a few too tough summons such as elementals), but I'm open to do some more heavy work on some of them if necessary (e.g. I do feel gnolls are kinda meh right now).

IR stuff

I'll reply to IR-related things on the appropriate topic, but I'm focusing on SR for now. After the new SR build is up I'll dedicate much more time to IR.

I have a huge bug. Anytime anyone, including my own party members, casts the spell Chain Lightning, the game freezes for a few seconds and then my main character instantly dies and the game is over.

Nevermind. I did not have the latest version. I do now, and the problem is resolved. Nothing to see here.

BTW I am loving it!

Edited by Baptor

Hey!

I've recently felt the urge to complete my nth majestic campaign through BGT, installed SCS, SR, IR and all the stuff, and only then I noticed that there's all the revisions have new versions in beta stage. Thus, my questions:

- is there any ETA for public stable release of SR (and mayhaps IR too)? I've read a post somewhere on the forums that it's gonna be soon(ish), but wanted to make sure. I really enjoyed SRv3 the last time I played, and v4 shapes up to be even cooler.

- if ^ isn't "soon enough", can I join the beta? if so, then:

- how (or if) does the beta work with divine remix? I can see it changes some of the divine spells.

- is it possible to use the beta somehow in BWP installer or would I have to install all the mods manually?

Thanks Demivrgvs for your great work!

I've recently felt the urge to complete my nth majestic campaign through BGT, installed SCS, SR, IR and all the stuff, and only then I noticed that there's all the revisions have new versions in beta stage. Thus, my questions:

- is there any ETA for public stable release of SR (and mayhaps IR too)? I've read a post somewhere on the forums that it's gonna be soon(ish), but wanted to make sure. I really enjoyed SRv3 the last time I played, and v4 shapes up to be even cooler.

- if ^ isn't "soon enough", can I join the beta? if so, then:

- how (or if) does the beta work with divine remix? I can see it changes some of the divine spells.

- is it possible to use the beta somehow in BWP installer or would I have to install all the mods manually?

- I'm packaging right now what I think will be the last v4 beta build for SR, IR will shortly follow (hopefully within this week). For the official release I also rely on Arda and Mike, but if you ask me from now on any build could potentially be ready for an official release.

- yes, you can, I'll send you a PM if you wish.

- I think Arda worked on improving compatibility between the two mods ages ago, but I'm not 100% sure. Overall I would probably suggest to never install 2 mods that heavily mess with the same stuff.

- you should ask this to BWP guys as I'm really not familiar with mega mod installs, sorry

Edited by Demivrgvs

Yes. How ? There's a possibility to pause the install process(in BWS) at any time you want to (so do so after the BWS has extracted the mods), and then remove the old files and extract the beta files, the file names need to be named as they would be in the current version(though I don't think you need to do this with Demivrgvs's mods), so do the renaming, and once everything is set up as if it were in the old, unpause and let the install process continue.

Yeah, erhm, you can't actually install BWP, as that's the BiG World Project... the BWInstall.bat install and BWS(.vbs tool) installs are a bit different, people usually mean BWS when referring to the BWP and I am hoping that's the case here with you.

Also if there's any added or removed components, you might need to change the BWS install settings or quote out the component name header from the beta mod so it's installed as a part of another component.

There's all sorts of possible of trouble coming from using beta mods and so know that using them is done with your own discretion.

- you should ask this to BWP guys as I'm really not familiar with mega mod installs, sorry

Or ask the resident Imp.

Ouh, never mind.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

IMHO, while SR and DR are not conceptually in-compatible, I think DR just plain messes up the clean, smooth and (extensively) play-tested changes of SR. SR is much more up-to-date and documented, and I think you'll just end up with a headache if you try to combine both mods.

SR does a lot more than change "some of the divine spells" :)

See:

Divine Spells [V3]

SR V4 (planned changes) [changes to the V3 spells, and the spell system]

New Divine Spells for V4

Edited by Dakk

- yes, you can, I'll send you a PM if you wish.

That would be cool, thanks.

Yes. How ? There's a possibility to pause the install process(in BWS) at any time you want to (so do so after the BWS has extracted the mods), and then remove the old files and extract the beta files, the file names need to be named as they would be in the current version(though I don't think you need to do this with Demivrgvs's mods), so do the renaming, and once everything is set up as if it were in the old, unpause and let the install process continue.

Yeah, erhm, you can't actually install BWP, as that's the BiG World Project... the BWInstall.bat install and BWS(.vbs tool) installs are a bit different, people usually mean BWS when referring to the BWP and I am hoping that's the case here with you.

Also if there's any added or removed components, you might need to change the BWS install settings or quote out the component name header from the beta mod so it's installed as a part of another component.

There's all sorts of possible of trouble coming from using beta mods and so know that using them is done with your own discretion.

I mean the graphical setup, not the batch file, I never remember the names.

And of course I do know how betas work :)

I would suggest doing two distinct installs. If you're itching to play, simply starting with SR, IR, KR, and a few basic tweaks/fixes makes for a really fun playthrough. This lets you experience the game with only the flavors from the Revisions mods, letting you feel the changes then and there. This helps you with beta testing as well. Then once the officials are out, you can do a larger megamod install with your other favorite components.

Read this post if you want a good install order for a beta test install:

http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=26482&p=226926

You need to install Shield Bash after SCS, by the way. So here's what I did. Right after SCS, apply the fixes given here: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/29107/ascension-five-death-script-glitch-spoilers/p1. Scroll down the page till you find a post by darkly180 with a zip file attachment that contains the fixes you need. There is one more bug related to "more consistent breach" component of SCS, but you don't need to install that component with the latest SR v4 beta, I believe (I skipped it).

I know Kreso said that Abazigal fix goes before SCS, but I noticed that before SCS, he had his death script just fine. It only disappeared after SCS, and the "finabaz.bcs" script went from some 50kb to 1.6mb in size thanks to SCS. The post-SCS script was missing the death script. The zip file by darkly contains the fixed finabaz.bcs. Just make sure to back up any files that you are replacing.

After doing the SCS fixes, install shield bash, then widescreen, and finally gen-biff if you want.

One final tip + question from me to the others here:

In my install, I skipped LVL 1 NPCs component "NPCs more closely match player experience", and I sort of wish I didn't. I find myself wasting valuable time/exp on characters that I don't plan to keep around too long. Right now, I picked up Viconia, an NPC I plan to keep, and she's almost 4000xp behind my main :(. I'm wondering if it is okay to install just that component of Lvl 1 NPCs now after the playthrough has already started and pick up Viconia freshly. If not, I suppose I can live with it.

Edited by spanyam

In my install, I skipped LVL 1 NPCs component "NPCs more closely match player experience", and I sort of wish I didn't. I find myself wasting valuable time/exp on characters that I don't plan to keep around too long. Right now, I picked up Viconia, an NPC I plan to keep, and she's almost 4000xp behind my main :(. I'm wondering if it is okay to install just that component of Lvl 1 NPCs now after the playthrough has already started and pick up Viconia freshly. If not, I suppose I can live with it.

Well 4000 xp is a drop in the bucket, but if it pulls on your OCD chain you can just use the console to even her up to your PC with CLUAConsole:SetCurrentXP("total you want here") and doesn't require a time wasting reinstall. But again, 4000xp isn't much, even in BG1.

Well, that component should be fine if installed after everything else... or you could just cheat in the XP with the Console:

CLUAConsole:SetCurrentXP("yxy")

Where the yxy is the amount for that char when it's under the game pointer.

Ha, didn't get ninjaed, even if I was tried to be.

Well 4000 xp is a drop in the bucket, but if it pulls on your OCD chain you can just use the console to even her up to your PC with CLUAConsole:SetCurrentXP("total you want here") and doesn't require a time wasting reinstall. But again, 4000xp isn't much, even in BG1.

Well, considering I have a full party, I actually need 24000xp to get her to the same level, since she gets 1/6 of the total xp =/

Well, that component should be fine if installed after everything else... or you could just cheat in the XP with the Console:

CLUAConsole:SetCurrentXP("yxy")

Where the yxy is the amount for that char when it's under the game pointer.

Ha, didn't get ninjaed, even if I was tried to be.

Thanks, I'll just install the component now.

I know Kreso said that Abazigal fix goes before SCS, but I noticed that before SCS, he had his death script just fine.

You fix Abazigal before you install SCS by fixing finabaz.baf in SCS folder before you start installing SCS. Sorry for badly expressing.

You fix Abazigal before you install SCS by fixing finabaz.baf in SCS folder before you start installing SCS. Sorry for badly expressing.

Ahh okay. Well, didn't do that :p But i did replace the finabaz.bcs with the fixed content after SCS. Will it be okay, still?

You can check his script with an editor. It should begin with this:

IF
HPLT(Myself,20)
Global("DeathScriptAbaz","AR6200",0)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetInterrupt(FALSE)
SetGlobal("DeathScriptAbaz","AR6200",1)
ClearActions(Myself)
CreateVisualEffectObject("ICRMPARI",Myself)
CreateVisualEffectObject("SPROTECT",Myself)
ActionOverride("finmel01",ClearActions(Myself))
ActionOverride("finmel01",DestroyItem("finabaz")) // Ring
ReallyForceSpellDeadRES("melspl10","finmel01") // Feedback
Kill(Myself)

If unfixed, he will have Irenicus' death script.

You can check his script with an editor. It should begin with this:

IF
HPLT(Myself,20)
Global("DeathScriptAbaz","AR6200",0)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetInterrupt(FALSE)
SetGlobal("DeathScriptAbaz","AR6200",1)
ClearActions(Myself)
CreateVisualEffectObject("ICRMPARI",Myself)
CreateVisualEffectObject("SPROTECT",Myself)
ActionOverride("finmel01",ClearActions(Myself))
ActionOverride("finmel01",DestroyItem("finabaz")) // Ring
ReallyForceSpellDeadRES("melspl10","finmel01") // Feedback
Kill(Myself)

If unfixed, he will have Irenicus' death script.

Yup, it's right.