SR V4 Open Beta (last update 25 October 2018)

We're still on the update of the french translation. arcane.tra is done; we're working on divine.tra.

We noticed some oddness:

- there are two spells "Dispel Magic" in @503/@504 and in @547/@548

- in @750, there is "Fire Shield (Red)" -> it should be "Fire Shield"

Edited by Graoumf

For what it's worth my testing with bgee :

having haste changed from one of the most powerful spells of the game to something almost totally useless is quite hard, but ok we can play with it using slow (it's harder with a sorcerer in the party who already took haste when installing this mod ! oh well there is alwys ee keeper for that).

But changing protection against petrification to some spell to flee battle is harsh in bg1, there are areas with basiliks and you still meet them in the extension, it was my main protection against this kind of encounter and without it it becomes deadly, I uninstalled the mod because of this... well it doesn't restore spell books and rangers can't memorize spells after this apparently (heal light wounds is missing from their spell books and it was the spell they had memorized before).

Except that : the spell to counter the effects of charm and dire charm is a good idea even if often it's against creatures who can charm at will which makes it useless but the idea is still interesting.

Faeries fires at level 1 is an interesting surprise, I thought it was specific to dark elves but Jaheira can cast it here, oh well...

Same thing for the spells about dark area which blinds enemies, quite interesting, even though it seems a little out of place since these are dark elves specialities (I guess for dark elves it's an innate power but here it's a spell which can be used by others).

Oh yes, also Jaheira seems to gain shaman spells with this which is quite weird, it kind of mixes druids and shamans here.

Nothing much except that, it was a test during SoD, and I uninstalled when I met a basilik.

Oh yes, also Jaheira seems to gain shaman spells with this which is quite weird, it kind of mixes druids and shamans here.

Erhm, shaman spells ? Cause the base game doesn't have Shamans, but only druids... So where did you pull that Shaman spells out of ?

Faeries fire has long being a D&D standard for others than dark elves. It's probably really the only species that doesn't get it. Cause it's light based, not fire... :p

For what it's worth my testing with bgee :

having haste changed from one of the most powerful spells of the game to something almost totally useless is quite hard, but ok we can play with it using slow (it's harder with a sorcerer in the party who already took haste when installing this mod ! oh well there is alwys ee keeper for that).

But changing protection against petrification to some spell to flee battle is harsh in bg1, there are areas with basiliks and you still meet them in the extension, it was my main protection against this kind of encounter and without it it becomes deadly, I uninstalled the mod because of this... well it doesn't restore spell books and rangers can't memorize spells after this apparently (heal light wounds is missing from their spell books and it was the spell they had memorized before).

Except that : the spell to counter the effects of charm and dire charm is a good idea even if often it's against creatures who can charm at will which makes it useless but the idea is still interesting.

Faeries fires at level 1 is an interesting surprise, I thought it was specific to dark elves but Jaheira can cast it here, oh well...

Same thing for the spells about dark area which blinds enemies, quite interesting, even though it seems a little out of place since these are dark elves specialities (I guess for dark elves it's an innate power but here it's a spell which can be used by others).

Nothing much except that, it was a test during SoD, and I uninstalled when I met a basilik.

one potion of mirrored eyes and basilisks are toast.

Set the potion last for a turn, aka 10 rounds, or ~60 real time seconds(instead of 6 times that), and it's not so much FOR the entire map. But it's use-able outside of battle too.

Ouh, and it should be 6 potions, cause the monsters should hunt for other, non protected targets.

And the greater B's should probably have a real bite attack that's not of a loosers... 4d4 or something like that, melee..

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

I love the new haste. Hard to say it's "useless" - +1 APR for your best damage dealer for an encounter can easily be as good as any fireball.

You forget that to get to that point, where the damage output is equal to that of a fireball with haste, the character must be quite close to the ToB levels... I would in most cases much rather take the fireball in most cases.

See a fighters melee hits can miss, yes melee because a 1d6*10 is better than that of a ranged weapon can normally do, and thus you are exposed ... for a 10 rounds to get the most out of it.

Yeah, there's no Fatigue, just "fatigue" thats gone in a couple rounds...

Just curious. A lot of Demi's stuff draws from PnP, and 1e/2e Haste ages you 1 year. Might've been fun.

Yeah, and lesser restoration fixes everything, but the wounds. Pointless. And the PnP stuff usually is very much a business for the Dungeon Master, but here you have only the math to compete with. And thus no PnP, but computecomputecompute. CCC

Shaman is a new class with its unique spells, which was added with patch 2.0 and Siege of Dragonspear. And If I remember correctly, SR also breaks its spirit dance ability. For example, you can conjure only 3 spirits with the dance on 11 level, but if there're already 3 active summons, they'll will overlap it and the dance will be useless.

Shaman is a new class with its unique spells, which was added with patch 2.0 and Siege of Dragonspear. And If I remember correctly, SR also breaks its spirit dance ability. For example, you can conjure only 3 spirits with the dance on 11 level, but if there're already 3 active summons, they'll will overlap it and the dance will be useless.

Well yes, the game has a summon limit of 5. It always has(in BG2, that and the BGEE, BG2EE and IWDEE are include in that), but now it can be edited via the summlimt.2da -file.

The last time I was checking(in v2.0.62.2) the Shamans spells were those of the Druids, it SAYS so in the class description. Exactly, like the class is that too, it just has a bard song that summons... and it can use axes cause those .itm file were edited to allow them to do that. In that they use the same exact .itm file flag, but the druids are disallowed to use the axes via an effect in the .itm, while their "class" can.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola