SR V4 Open Beta (last update 25 October 2018)

(e): Priest's Poison sound effect after the poison has ended does not check for a saving throw - that is to say, if the creature hit by the Poison saves vs. poison when the spell is initially cast upon them, there will still be a sound effect of the poison expiring (...should a poison really have an expiring sound to begin with?) 60 seconds later.

(e): On another note, Vampiric Touch's (SPWI314)'s level 5 effect (aka level 1 effect) does 2d6 damage instead of just a flat 6 damage, as it should do per the description.

(e): In the level 18th version of Fire Shield, the fifth effect is an opcode 84 (reduced damage from magical fire) that is not in any of the others.

(e): Protection from Missiles has a duration of 60 instead of the listed 120.

(e): The sound effect for Disintegration has a save vs. spell instead of a save vs. breath.

(e): Priest's Holy Smite has mismatched saves for the blindness and damage effects.

A bit late to say thanks, but thanks. Fixed.

We're still on the update of the french translation. arcane.tra is done; we're working on divine.tra.

We noticed some oddness:

- there are two spells "Dispel Magic" in @503/@504 and in @547/@548

- in @750, there is "Fire Shield (Red)" -> it should be "Fire Shield"

- temporary until we decide if V4 will keep both Dispel & Remove Magic or not.

- fixed

This is not the build you deserved, but the build we need right now.

Mostly needed to allow Kreso testing his wonderful project 'Revised SCS'. :D

V4 - Beta 13 (21 September 2016)
- many minor fixes (thanks to all beta testers who managed to find even super small issues and reported them!)
- Concentration check is now on by default on SR install
- fixed an issue with NRD blocking Wild Mages at character creation spell screen
- global rebalance of pretty much ALL summons
- global rebalance of HLAs (turned into 1/day innate abilities, minor tweaks)
- added a few custom sec types (haste, slow, petrification, insects)
- Cause Wound spells bypass PfMW but can be blocked by Spell Deflection and GoI
- Gust of Wind counters insect spells
- Icelance added to druid's 3rd lvl spells
- Call Woodland Beings summons 1-2 dryads, plus a nymph at higher lvls
- Find Familiar turned into an innate ability (fixed EE string issues)
- True Strike changed to +4 thac0 and +5% chance to score critical hits for 3 rounds
- Icelance added to 3rd lvl spells (School: Evocation)
- Pro Fire/Cold/Ele/Acid spells merged into a single ProEnergy at 4th lvl (select 1 element when cast)
- Dispelling Screen turned into a party-wide protection vs. dispel
- Death Knight Unholy Fireball dmg is now half fire half magic (undead are immune to the magic half)
- Demilich Soul Trap save penalty from -6 to -4, the maze effect no longer use INT drain
- Demilich Howl save penalty from -6 to -4

Edited by Demivrgvs

Well, here it be. The tear lies beyond. (if someone can put this link in a pinned thread, it'd be great btw).

Tested on BG:EE1 + SoD (hope Demi included my hotfixes for SR) and old BGT install. Untested on EE2 but it should work. If it doesn't I'll check it tomorrow.

Special thanks to ALIENQuake for EE, and to Demi for making my life miserable by tweaking touch attacks again.

Any and all further development will be run only on EE engine.

Install instead of usual stratagems, have fun and if anybody notices any really odd AI caster behavior let me know.

- Well, here it be. The tear lies beyond. (if someone can put this link in a pinned thread, it'd be great btw).

- hope Demi included my hotfixes for SR

- Special thanks to ALIENQuake for EE, and to Demi for making my life miserable by tweaking touch attacks again.

- Any and all further development will be run only on EE engine.

- I can do it here on SR's forums considering it's pretty much an extension of SR

- I did, I even dared to mess up again with that damn git hub for it :D

- you are welcome :p

- I guess Revisions will soon go in the same direction

- I can do it here on SR's forums considering it's pretty much an extension of SR

- I did, I even dared to mess up again with that damn git hub for it :D

- you are welcome :p

- I guess Revisions will soon go in the same direction

- that's a good idea since it will only break AI on non-SR installs

- noticed

- :schimpf:

I will have to see if changing Find Familiar to Innate messes up compatibility with my own WTP Familiars and I am not thrilled at the idea that the mod will be further developed only for EE game but happy to see a new release and kreso's revised SCS.

I will have to see if changing Find Familiar to Innate messes up compatibility with my own WTP Familiars and I am not thrilled at the idea that the mod will be further developed only for EE game but happy to see a new release and kreso's revised SCS.

I haven't changed any cre file, nor how the spell works. Only where it is located. I hope that means it's all fine.

Hi Demi. When i cast simulacrum, simulacra can cast innate spell hlas. Is it intended? Also a request:D. Can you make project image be dispelled or removed after its work is done? I was dispelling it with dispell magic, now its gone im stuck with it until it disppears.

Hi Demi. When i cast simulacrum, simulacra can cast innate spell hlas. Is it intended?

Well, I would say no. It is likely there because removing them isn't very easy... but I it is doable, if demi agrees with me. As the summon is just a nother 9th level summon, so it shouldn't have HLAs. Just like the gated demons should not, nor any other non story related encounter should not have HLA capable threads in their sleeves.

Yes, the summoned/gated/etc creature level limit should be 15, not 25 like in SR.

Why ? Cause the summons should be only about 1/3rd's of the summoners potential over all strength.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

Hi Demi. When i cast simulacrum, simulacra can cast innate spell hlas. Is it intended?

Mmm...on one side, the simulacrum is supposed to have your innate abilities (it's a perfect copy of you with 80% xp), on the other, I guess getting HLAs with it would defeat one of the main goals of the tweak: limiting the spam of those "lvl 10" spells.

I'd be curious to know how DavidW handled it within standard SCS, because I seem to recall that for him reducing those HLA use to 1/day (aka 1/encounter for AI enemies) was the main reason to opt for this tweak.

Can you make project image be dispelled or removed after its work is done? I was dispelling it with dispell magic, now its gone im stuck with it until it disppears.

Well, I could add an ability to the image to dispel itself...or a script block within the image's script, if we can tweak it. I wasn't touching those scripts because SCS edited them.

That being said, the image duration is kinda short, and it's easy enough to destroy if you wish so. May I ask if you are using it during a fight, or outside/before it?

Edited by Demivrgvs

That being said, the image duration is kinda short, and it's easy enough to destroy if you wish so. May I ask if you are using it during a fight, or outside/before it?

I use it during fights. I play solo sorc mainly, i like the spell as it preserves charname spells not wasting for quick and easy counters. I generally modify finger of death spell to kill my copy when counter finishes. But it is not a big deal, i asked if it is easy to modify the spell, would be good to get rid of it.

For simulacra, I like it to have hlas with it:D. It is fine for me to keep this way but it seems weird to not cast lvl 9 spells but hlas are castable.

Hi, Demi!

I'm going to finally try your latest SR v4/ beta 13 with Kreso's Revised SCS. But whilst installing it on latest EasyTuTu I've got multiple warnings.

Something like this (full debug file is here):

WARNING: no effects added to SPPR307.SPL
[./override/SPPR308.SPL] loaded, 538 bytes
WARNING: no effects added to SPPR308.SPL
[./override/SPPR309.SPL] loaded, 586 bytes
WARNING: no effects added to SPPR309.SPL
[./override/SPPR309D.SPL] loaded, 346 bytes
etc.
Should I worry about that?

Hi, Demi!

I'm going to finally try your latest SR v4/ beta 13 with Kreso's Revised SCS. But whilst installing it on latest EasyTuTu I've got multiple warnings.

It looks like something related to kreso's custom sec types. I'll ask him, but it's probably not something to worry about too much because it looks like the patching code simply skip editing those spl and itm files.

Btw, cool to see we already have quite a few players willing to test "B13 + Revised SCS". :thumbsup:

I generally modify finger of death spell to kill my copy when counter finishes...

You waste a 7th lvl spell to kill an image few rounds before its duration expires? :O

@Serg.

This is nothing to worry about. The issue is fixed in Weidu v239, so if it bothers you download v239, copy weidu.exe in your game folder, rename it into setup-spell_rev and install.

I haven't tried it on Tutu, let me know if you have issues with installing SCS on it. I've installed it on EE + SoD and works properly, I hope Tutu will as well.