SR V4 Open Beta (last update 25 October 2018)

You waste a 7th lvl spell to kill an image few rounds before its duration expires? :O

Actually i make it an innate ability. Castable for 1 time on caster. I pop it when combat ends and image dies with one button. Easy life:D. But doesnt work now cause image cant cast innate abilites.

@Serg.

This is nothing to worry about. The issue is fixed in Weidu v239, so if it bothers you download v239, copy weidu.exe in your game folder, rename it into setup-spell_rev and install.

I haven't tried it on Tutu, let me know if you have issues with installing SCS on it. I've installed it on EE + SoD and works properly, I hope Tutu will as well.

I've tried your tip and SR installed flawlessly, thanks!

Unfortunately, I've failed to install your Revised SCS. I've tried to copy weidu.exe into game directory and run stratagems.bat. It opened Command Prompt window, asked me how I would like to install the components, created setup-stratagems_autoinstall.exe, opened another window, where I choose which components to install and in the end got an error. I also tried to copy setup-stratagems.tp2 into main game directory, renamed weidu.exe into setup-stratagems.exe, run it and soon got the same error:

//

Appended text to [stratagems_external/workspace/item_stats.2da]
[./override/IOTYUGH.ITM] loaded, 362 bytes
[./override/IPLAT01.ITM] loaded, 498 bytes
[./override/IPLOT01K.ITM] loaded, 0 bytes
ERROR: illegal 4-byte read from offset 106 of 0-byte file IPLOT01K.ITM
ERROR: [iPLOT01K.ITM] -> [override/IPLOT01K.ITM] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("IPLOT01K.ITM: read out of bounds (GET_OFFSET_ARRAY)"))
Stopping installation because of error.
ERROR Installing [initialise mod (all other components require this)], rolling back to previous state
Unable to Unlink [stratagems_external/backup/stratagems/1000/OTHER.1000]: Unix.Unix_error(1, "unlink", "stratagems_external/backup/stratagems/1000/OTHER.1000")
[stratagems_external/backup/stratagems/1000/UNSETSTR.1000] SET_STRING uninstall info not found
Will uninstall 37 files for [sTRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2] component 1000.
//
Full debug file is here.
BTW, did you modified this version or vanilla SCS v.30? If the latter maybe this is the case?
Edited by Serg BlackStrider

@Serg

ERROR: illegal 4-byte read from offset 106 of 0-byte file IPLOT01K.ITM
ERROR: [iPLOT01K.ITM] -> [override/IPLOT01K.ITM] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("IPLOT01K.ITM: read out of bounds (GET_OFFSET_ARRAY)"))
I didn't touch any of this stuff. But, IPLOT01K.itm does ring a bell. It's a common error.
Not only for SCS.; the file is bugged.
For some reason, I don't even have it in override (BGT).
Bleh. It's easy to fix however. Download any mod, here, have mine. Open condrain/components/condrain.tpa, delete everything, and copy-paste
this inside the .tpa:
COPY_EXISTING ~SW1H01.itm~ ~override\IPLOT01K.itm~
Install my mod.
Then install strategems. Should work.
Scrap that, look here. It's 4 items that will bug out apperantly.
As per which version I used, SCSv30 (fixed), then I implemented EE-specific fixes as suggested by ALIENQuake. It won't install only on EET (yet).
Edited by kreso

@kreso

Thanks! Will try tomorrow.

One more question: should I install "More consistent Breach" component from SCS? How it interact with SR? And what about other Spell tweaks from SCS?

Let me know how it works out. I'd actually prefer if this bug was my doing, since I'd knew what I did wrong. I know for certain I had the same bug a few times, but only on non-Fixpack installs.

As per spell tweaks from SCS:

standardise BG1 spells - I use it (fair play imo)

Add BG2 spells - same as above

Breach doesn't penetrate Spell Turning etc - skip it. I'll add a check if SRv4 is present to skip this automatically

Antimagic attacks penetrate improved invisibility - skip it. Again, it should be skipped on SRv4.

Extra scrolls - skip if you install Item Revisions "Store Revisions" component

Truesight protects from blindness - INSTALL THIS. SCS will use this install check to detect if caster can cure blind condition from himself. It's not yet automatic if SR is present (I'll tweak it so it will be skipped if SRv4 is present, since SR already does that)

Jaheira has shaman spells in bg2ee, is this intended?

Installed SR v4 on a bg2ee fresh install

I haven't touched those spells at all... :undecided: I'll look into it.

- More consistent Breach

- standardise BG1 spells - I use it (fair play imo)

- Add BG2 spells - same as above

- Antimagic attacks penetrate improved invisibility - skip it. Again, it should be skipped on SRv4.

- Extra scrolls - skip if you install Item Revisions "Store Revisions" component

- Truesight protects from blindness - INSTALL THIS. SCS will use this install check to detect if caster can cure blind condition from himself. It's not yet automatic if SR is present (I'll tweak it so it will be skipped if SRv4 is present, since SR already does that)

- SR solution is better imo, but it makes fighting those creatures at mid-low levels a lot harder...

- I think EE makes this redundant

- Store Revisions should handle this...

- Revised SCS should skip it

Well, nobody forces a Lich encounter on you...:)

Ok, Breach affecting Rakshasa, Lich etc. stays optional for a less hardcore experience.

All others fixed.

Now I'll see if I can get Mind Blank prebuff on mages, and sort out EET compatibility.

You can fix it locally by going to spell_rev/components/fix_spellbooks.tpa file (open with a text editor of your choice) and changing this line near the beginning:

COPY_EXISTING_REGEXP GLOB ~^SPPR[1-7]\(0[1-9]\|[1-4][0-9]\|50\)\.spl$~ ~override~

to:

COPY_EXISTING_REGEXP GLOB ~^SPPR[1-7]\(0[1-9]\|[1-4][0-9]\)\.spl$~ ~override~

I.e. delete the \|50 part.

Then reinstall the Update Spellbooks of Joinable NPCs component and start a new game (otherwise any NPCs you've already met in the game will not be affected by the change.

Edited by Ardanis

Any chance the new dispelling screen can be made optional? (e.g. you can choose between the new and the old dispelling screen). It's such a huge, game affecting change.

By the way, Congrats and thanks for the new build! :thumbsup:

Edited by Wyrd

You can fix it locally by going to spell_rev/components/fix_spellbooks.tpa file (open with a text editor of your choice) and changing this line near the beginning:

COPY_EXISTING_REGEXP GLOB ~^SPPR[1-7]\(0[1-9]\|[1-4][0-9]\|50\)\.spl$~ ~override~

to:

COPY_EXISTING_REGEXP GLOB ~^SPPR[1-7]\(0[1-9]\|[1-4][0-9]\)\.spl$~ ~override~

I.e. delete the \|50 part.

Then reinstall the Update Spellbooks of Joinable NPCs component and start a new game (otherwise any NPCs you've already met in the game will not be affected by the change.

It did not work unfortunately, even charname (cavalier) gets shaman spells on a new bg2ee game :undecided:

WeiDU.log

it worked on a fresh install of bg2ee, still char name has shaman spells.

Mods installed

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~ASCENSION/SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #0 // Ascension v1.51 BETA (requires ToB): v1.5 BETA_20160601
~ASCENSION/SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #1 // Tougher Abazigal (optional, requires ToB): v1.5 BETA_20160601
~ASCENSION/SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #2 // Original Tougher Demogorgon (optional, requires ToB): v1.5 BETA_20160601
~ASCENSION/SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #3 // Tougher Gromnir (optional, requires ToB): v1.5 BETA_20160601
~ASCENSION/SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #4 // Tougher Illasera (optional, requires ToB): v1.5 BETA_20160601
~ASCENSION/SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #5 // Tougher Yaga-Shura (optional, requires ToB): v1.5 BETA_20160601
~ASCENSION/SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #101 // Ascension Portraits - Bodhi: v1.5 BETA_20160601
~ASCENSION/SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #102 // Ascension Portraits - Original Balthazar by Cuv: v1.5 BETA_20160601
~ASCENSION/SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #103 // Restored Bhaalspawn Powers by David Gaider: v1.5 BETA_20160601
~ASCENSION/SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #104 // Extended Epilogues by shawne: v1.5 BETA_20160601
~ASCENSION/SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #105 // Extended EE Epilogues by shawne: v1.5 BETA_20160601
~ASCENSION/SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #999 // Remove Anyone Identifier in EA.ids: v1.5 BETA_20160601
~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #0 // Spell Revisions: v4 Beta 13
~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #10 // Deva and Planetar Animations: v4 Beta 13
~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #20 // Mirror Image Fix: v4 Beta 13
~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #30 // Dispel Magic Fix: v4 Beta 13
~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #50 // Remove Disabled Spells from Spell Selection Screens: v4 Beta 13
~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #60 // Update Spellbooks of Joinable NPCs: v4 Beta 13

The Shaman spell problem relates to hidespl.2da - it was updated in SoD to hide the Shaman spells from being displayed. The SR component 'Remove Disabled Spells from Spell Selection Screens' doesn't know about this, so it should be avoided until it can be updated. (The EE 2.0 update also added another column to the file.)

Of course, a big question is why they bothered giving the Shaman spells a SPPR prefix.

They don't need all priests to automatically learn them. They don't WANT all priests to automatically learn them, so they have to add them to hidespl.2da and assign them to Shamans in their CLAB file. Adding them to hidespl.2da wouldn't be necessary if they hadn't given them a SPPR prefix.

By doing this, they've taken up one of the 50 slots at each level that can be used to automatically grant a spell to a priest. (EE has NOT implemented ToBEx's externalization of the limit to spells.2da.)

The only benefit I can think of is being able to reference the spells in spell.ids, but they could do that just as easily if they'd given them a SPCL prefix.