SR V4 Open Beta (last update 25 October 2018)

Shaman Spells

Wow, that's indeed a weird design decision from SoD. Anyway, if it's just a matter of updating the hide 2da it's an easy fix, no?

I just have to add the following spells to that 2da:

- Spirit Ward (sppr150)

- Writhing Fog (sppr250)

- Spiritual Clarity (sppr350)

- Spirit Fire (sppr450)

- Recall Spirit (sppr550)

- Spiritual Lock (sppr650)

- Ether Gate (sppr750)

Dispelling Screen

Any chance the new dispelling screen can be made optional? (e.g. you can choose between the new and the old dispelling screen). It's such a huge, game affecting change.

By the way, Congrats and thanks for the new build! :thumbsup:

By the "old DS" do you mean my old DS (magic res and dispel on attacker?) or vanilla's SI:Abj?

Anyway, I seriously need some feedback on the current DS, and imposing such change is good for that right now. :D

Official Release

Demi, out of curiosity, how many builds do you plan to upload before SR4 comes out of beta and gets its stable G3 release?

It depends on how big each new build will be (for example I could upload a new one quickly just to fix the shaman stuff because it's a too noticeable issue imo to remain there for long). Ideally:

- 1 or 2 builds to include all the new spells (Snowball Sworm, Phantasmal Killer, Ball Lightning, Freezing Sphere, Shades, Whirlwind, ...)

- 1 last build to eventually fix issues with those new spells and finalize changes on all other spells

Other than that SR is fine. I think we made it fully compatible with both old and EE games (b13 should have fixed all the remaining small issues).

Edited by Demivrgvs

@kreso

Thanks! Will try tomorrow.

One more question: should I install "More consistent Breach" component from SCS? How it interact with SR? And what about other Spell tweaks from SCS?

Let me know how it works out. I'd actually prefer if this bug was my doing, since I'd knew what I did wrong. I know for certain I had the same bug a few times, but only on non-Fixpack installs.

I put those 4 files (IPLOT01K.ITM, IPLOT04G.ITM, IPLOT04H.ITM, IPLOT04I.ITM) from the link you provided into override folder and everything installed flawlessly, thanks! The new no-reload run is near, just some more aTweaks and we are ready. :rolleyes:

Hi Demi,

Here are the .tra files for Spell Revisions v4 beta13. All credits go to Mornagest (of the d'Oghmatiques) for this update.

We tested the translation on BG2EE install and it works fine.

We also noticed a string in .tp2 isn't reported in setup.tra files:

Spell Deflection blocks AoE spells

Here is the translation in french:

Deviation de sorts bloque les sorts a zone d'effet

Also, we noticed others languages are incomplete for this version (as the french until today): there are missing strings, and existing strings don't have been updated.
That is to say that installs in others languages will fail; We think you should deactivate install in others languages, otherwise players will be disturbed... particularly because many strings were changed between v3 and v4.

french v4b13.zip

Edited by Graoumf

A general question: How does the new SR component that makes HLAs one use only by default work with the enemy spellcaster HLA component of SCSforSR? More specifically are enemy casters also limited to a single use of each HLA by default, or should "Force_No_HLA_Repeats" in the .ini be used to make the AI play fair with this?

Or, should the SCS component that makes HLAs work as one-use innate abilities be used as well, even though SR now provides this function? That would presumably at least make the SCS AI realize it can only use HLAs once.

Edited by Shin

Sorry I've been away for the 20 km Strongman Run (epic stuff), I'll try to catch up asap.

@Graoumf great! I'll update it immediately.

@Shin you'll have to install "Force_No_HLA_Repeats" in the .ini be used to make the AI play fair with this, but I guess we can ask Kreso tomake it the default option for Revised SCS.

Sorry I've been away for the 20 km Strongman Run (epic stuff), I'll try to catch up asap.

@Graoumf great! I'll update it immediately.

@Shin you'll have to install "Force_No_HLA_Repeats" in the .ini be used to make the AI play fair with this, but I guess we can ask Kreso tomake it the default option for Revised SCS.

Thanks, ended up doing that. Making it default or just adding something about it in the readme/changelog would seem fine to me.

Hello,

I have the weird bug in BGT on newest version of SR - I cannot use summon familiar spell.

I can pick it up at character creation (wasn't it supposed to be innate?) and cannot cast it after memorizing.

It simply does not appear in casting menu (but does appear memorized in spell book).

I stupidly removed the installation (no weidu log) before deciding to ask a question, but I had installed revised SCS, tweaks, IR and some content mods.

Thanks for help.

I have the weird bug in BGT on newest version of SR - I cannot use summon familiar spell.

This was reported already, else where... Demi screwed up the spell in the latest v4 b13 release.

It seems so, but it it's not what the Imp suggested on the other topic because:

- main spl has spell type innate

- spell header has ability location innate slots (4)

:undecided:

It must be something else...

That being said, it should not appear on the speelbook! Could it be that the "learn spell" mechanic puts it there by default even if it is an innate? In that case I have to remove the scroll, hide the spell, and add it to clab files.

Find Familiar

I am not even sure I understand why you wanted to make the spell innate.

How did you reason?

Because having to lear&memorize that spell makes little sense considering you can only cast it once (for the entire game). I also planned to use its scroll for MSI (I ended up using Friend's scroll instead) and to free 1 spell slot for an eventual new one (it may not be needed though).

Overall, I guess within SR I may revert this change (I don't want SR to mess with kits), KR will do it if we want all mages to get it by default, but I may do what Kreso suggests if I end up needing the spell slot (there's no point writing the spell on your spellbook, just cast it via scroll and you're fine).

Edited by Demivrgvs