SR V4 Open Beta (last update 25 October 2018)

This would pretty much be able to go into a seperate mod. Game uses gazillion different charms, deciding what should and what shouldn't go through rage, coding it and making sure AI understands that.....bleh.

Not to forget...

Then answer me this, why does the AI need to understand that the raged idiot they face can't be imprisoned into a mental hospice ? They have never seen the rager, they can't know what he is doing... much like the player who has never meat a lich who casts spell x, y, z and h, which as a combination just gives them: "Sorry, but you just can't hurt it."

As for rage blocking Doom, that's excrement, while the stun, maze and imprisonment can have their explanations.

tl;dr: I would absolutely, joyfully support rage blocking Doom, IF it stops blocking stuff like Stun, Maze and Imprison.

I bet you would also give up your first child for some moneys too. But I read that there are some people that that is too far down the rabbit hole.

It's just, it's just... Rage is so damn amorphous, and so damn cheesy. It's supposed to block emotion-based effects, sure, but not necessarily magical effects. E.g. it blocks Charm because Charm uses magic to trigger a (essentially non-magical) emotional effect. But stronger magic like Domination is supposed to override rage.

This would pretty much be able to go into a seperate mod. Game uses gazillion different charms, deciding what should and what shouldn't go through rage, coding it and making sure AI understands that.....bleh.

Not to forget you got some basic stuff like Valygar's armor. Why would it protect you vs high-end charming magics? Going this way is digging a deep, deep hole.....

No I know; I was talking about PnP, where there is more of a difference between Charm and Domination, to demonstrate that Rage was not originally designed to stop all magical effects of certain categories, no matter how powerful, but only low-level spells and simple emotional effects. For purposes of BG, if Rage blocks Charm I would have it block all charms (though there is precedent for abilities blocking spells "up to x level")... I'm suggesting the categories of what Rage blocks should be reined in.

And if fixing the absurdity of Rage is not on the table, then I simply suggest not adding immunities to an already ridiculous power. Let KR Rage block Doom but not Maze... SR should not affect Rage at all.

SPPR609 False Dawn - should being blind prevent this? The problem is that this spell actually blinds stuff....

I really don't think so. I think of the damage as mainly due to creatures being exposed to 'purifying light', similar to a vampire being burned by the sun. It still burns, even if you can't see it.

SPPR610 Dolorous Decay - pro disease?

I feel like that shouldn't work. This is like a reverse regeneration. Iirc, this spell is the reverse of regeneration in 2e, if not ad&d. The opposite of regeneration is not disease per se (regeneration doesn't even cure disease).

Greetings! I'm trying to install SR v4b13 and IRv4b9 on steam versions of BG1(2)EE and all I get as a result is lots of warnings during installation and mishmashed string references in spell/item descriptions. I have no other mods, just plain EE game. I dont get it, what am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance for your help.

SETUP-SPELL_REV.zip

Greetings! I'm trying to install SR v4b13 and IRv4b9 on steam versions of BG1(2)EE and all I get as a result is lots of warnings during installation and mishmashed string references in spell/item descriptions. I have no other mods, just plain EE game. I dont get it, what am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance for your help.

AFAIK you need to use a modmerge for steam of gog versions to be able to use any WeiDU based mod for BG1(2)EE. Look here.

Edited by Serg BlackStrider

I'm f*****g sick of GitHub. After wasting all my spare time for the last 3 days trying to understand why it doesn't work anymore I simply give up for now. :(

In the meanwhile, use the build stored here.

- Update to WeiDU 240
- various fixes, a few more EE string ref issues fixed
- many code improvements (thanks Kreso)
- fixed an issue with Shaman spells being applied to all divine spellcasters
- fixed a compatibility issue with Dispelling Screen and EE
- Icelance's projectile animation fixed, scroll range fixed, new sound effect
- Summon Shambling Mound icon fixed
- Find Familiar changes temporary reverted, school changed from Conj to "Universal"
- Otiluke's Resilient Sphere save changed from vs spell to vs breath
- ProElemental Energy was not working correctly (missing 2da file)
- Vitriolic Sphere added to 4th lvl spells (School: Conjuration)
- Shadow Door's "maze" effect no longer has a save penalty (it was -4)
- Prismatic Mantle weapon immunity lowered to +2 (as vanilla), on-hit effects slightly nerfed
- Moment of Prescience AC bonus now bypasses the AC cap
- Spell Trap no longer absorbs spells but it deflects up to 99 spell lvls (AoE too)

Graoumf, the following English translation lines were changed in beta 14:

arcane.tra changed: 586, 812, 876 (typo at end of line) -- added: 877, 878

divine.tra changed: 336 (missing period at end of line)

Can you confirm the French tra files you've attached include the appropriate changes in these files? I'll replace the files (and re-enable the French translation) after you confirm. Thanks.

I've updated v4 beta 14 on GitHub to include your updated translation files and re-enabled the French language option when installing SR. The only differences were in arcane.tra.

Wow, kudos to both of you.

I'm not sure Mike will like the lack of documented commits, and most importantly the way we packaged it (source code only) but I guess he would have liked even less to share my screen again on skype to try figuring out why the hell my GitHub application isn't working...

Thanks. I will upload the new .tra files when @812 is translated.

Please note that all updates of french languages are made by Mornagest.

In the change-log.txt, you can find something about this in the to-do-list:

...- updated french language thanks to Mornagest (of the d'Oghmatiques)

V4 - Beta 14 (25 December 2016)
- Update to WeiDU 240

Thanks. I will upload the new .tra files when @812 is translated.

Please note that all updates of french languages are made by Mornagest.

In the change-log.txt, you can find something about this in the to-do-list:

...- updated french language thanks to Mornagest (of the d'Oghmatiques)

V4 - Beta 14 (25 December 2016)

- Update to WeiDU 240

Yeah I put that line there ages ago to eventually copy/paste it when I was ready. ;)